DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Fallout 4 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/615236-fallout-4-a.html)

Why So Blu? 11-10-15 03:10 PM

Re: Fallout 4

Wow, and that's per bottle, not even a 4-pack.

funkyryno 11-10-15 03:19 PM

Any decent release-day deals on this? I want to play, but not for $60.

gryffinmaster 11-10-15 03:23 PM

Ugh. I just wanted one bottle. :(

Originally Posted by funkyryno (Post 12641500)
Any decent release-day deals on this? I want to play, but not for $60.

Amazon Prime members had a $10 off exclusive pre-order offer, but that's all I know about in terms of a single purchase. Target's running a Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale on all games, so you could swing something that way.

Wolf359 11-10-15 03:31 PM

Anyone else finding the building system clunky as hell? Are you stuck in just one view, because it might be easier from an overhead perspective. Not even sure I want to mess with this aspect as it really makes my ocd kick in. I'll be spending too much time cleaning up broken fences.

Phodg 11-10-15 03:39 PM

Green Man Gaming is doing PC Fallout 4 for $48 when you use the code on their front page. You get a Steam code that you then enter into Steam.

Music 11-10-15 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 12641456)
Was there a day-one patch for this?

Of course there was.

What the hell is wrong with you?

funkyryno 11-10-15 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Phodg (Post 12641516)
Green Man Gaming is doing PC Fallout 4 for $48 when you use the code on their front page. You get a Steam code that you then enter into Steam.

Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking forward.

This saves me from the other option I was considering: Going to Target, buying three games and returning two of them. I'm a tightwad, but I don't have the time to deal with such hassles just to save a little money.

Easy 11-10-15 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Wolf359 (Post 12641511)
Anyone else finding the building system clunky as hell? Are you stuck in just one view, because it might be easier from an overhead perspective. Not even sure I want to mess with this aspect as it really makes my ocd kick in. I'll be spending too much time cleaning up broken fences.

I agree, it is clunky as hell. Trying to align things is a bitch.

dsa_shea 11-10-15 05:57 PM

Well, got home and got the game out and started checking out the Pipboy and within a couple of minutes there is already something broken. There is a little black button on the top right, next to a dial. I barely pushed it and the button went inside of the Pip Boy and I can't get it back out to anywhere close to where it was before. If you have a button but don't want it to push in, then don't make it an actual button. I'm considering contacting Amazon and sending it back to get my money back but I'm not sure yet. If I can fix it then I will keep it.

Why So Blu? 11-10-15 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy (Post 12641394)
I guess Target employees are buying all the Nuka Cola and selling it on eBay.

Sold out online. In fact you can't even see the product page.

They are.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/3...antum-bottles/

dsa_shea 11-10-15 07:10 PM

The world is full of dicks and get rich schemes. These schmoes do their own thing while they crush the average Joe's dreams. The story of the managers at Target does not surprise me one bit but the fact that they let it happen is a bunch of bullshit.

Decker 11-10-15 07:24 PM

Well my two copies of the Pip Boy edition came in. I let my friend (who is in college and a huge Fallout fan) buy the PS4 off me at cost. I was going to return the XO version, but the prices on eBay prompted me to ask my friend to sell it on eBay and split the profit with me. Figure that's an easy $60 for each of us over the $105 cost of the item.
I checked out his copy. The box is really nice and detailed. The Pip Boy is kind of cool, but bulky and looks like it's made out of pretty flimsy plastic. It's not something I would ever display, so I'm fine with the socks. That Steelbook case in the Pip Boy edition is really nice though.
My friend said "It's so cool it comes with the Season Pass as well!", then I showed him it comes with an ad for the Season Pass instead. :lol:

dsa_shea 11-10-15 07:37 PM

I saw that ad and laughed thinking that there would be one or two thinking the same thing. I'm not sure the Pip-Boy is worth 60 bucks, though. That along with the season pass would have made up for the difference.

Why So Blu? 11-10-15 07:40 PM

I'm finally about to play my copy! See you at dawn.

redrum 11-10-15 08:27 PM

Kind of don't want to play until they hopefully fix the framerate issues

nickdawgy 11-10-15 10:06 PM

The Pip Boy edition is absolutely worth it.

Oh and I since I bought the digital version, I'll sell the Xbone physical version to anyone that wants it for $40 shipped. Just PM me. Otherwise I'll trade it in.

Oh and the Nuka beanies are selling out, too. Already three times the price on eBay.

Why So Blu? 11-10-15 10:45 PM

Created my character and am playing. The graphics are pretty cool. Hell, even the main characters look miles better than any version ever created. Just play around with the character features and you're good.

I am back in town and found a dog, killed some giant mole rats, and a few drifters. The one thing that's going to bug me is the workbench system. I have no idea what I am looking at or how it works, which irks me.

nickdawgy 11-10-15 11:12 PM

Yeah the workbench is kind of confusing.

Decker 11-11-15 12:44 AM

Hey, did anyone else buy the socks edition from Best Buy? Because it was showing as costing $68 before, but now that it has shipped, it's ringing up in my order history as $43.99 + tax for the game and $0.00 for the Season Pass, which is awesome, but really weird as well.
If anyone else preordered the Gold Edition online, check your Order History and please tell me what you were charged for it. Thanks.

Why So Blu? 11-11-15 04:33 AM

Looks like dawn will have to wait. I played for a long while and figured out how to use the workbench. It's very cumbersome and it's hard getting your items to look nice and neat.

redbill 11-11-15 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by redrum (Post 12641735)
Kind of don't want to play until they hopefully fix the framerate issues

I hope your vault allows gaming consoles

Baron Of Hell 11-11-15 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 12641656)

Hmmm anyone with a color printer could just print the label and put it on a regular bottle of jones blueberry soda.

Rob V 11-11-15 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea (Post 12641675)
The world is full of dicks and get rich schemes. These schmoes do their own thing while they crush the average Joe's dreams.

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 12641685)
I was going to return the XO version, but the prices on eBay prompted me to ask my friend to sell it on eBay and split the profit with me. Figure that's an easy $60 for each of us over the $105 cost of the item.

lol

Poink 11-11-15 07:00 AM

Played a little bit last night on PS4, just the first 2-3 quests. Everything has been pretty smooth so far. Only bug / glitch stuff has been some dialogue cutting off and subtitles not syncing up, but nothing of the craziness we've seen from previous Fallout games.

I think the graphics are pretty nice. It has more to do with there being more color variation & the general art direction seems to be stronger. Voice acting is be a bit better than Bethesda's other games.

The crafting system could have probably used a nice tutorial; you end up finding the workbenches before you've had a chance to even collect much of anything.

My only real complaint is that my character went from housewife to badass in an alarmingly short amount of time.

19K 11-11-15 07:55 AM

Great game, buggy as hell. Typical of Fallout/Bethesda.

I played yesterday, it crashed to the XMB after about 3 hours for no apparent reason.

Go to start it up today, it freezes on the main menu where it says 'Press any key to Start'. It just sits there and does nothing. My PS4 isn't frozen because I can close the app and restart it, but when I relaunch the game, it just freezes again.

It's only been out for 2 days, I can't believe it has these kinds of issues. At least Fallout 3 didn't start getting wonky until you made a ton of progress and your save file got huge. I've only played for a few hours and am already having game breaking problems.

mattysemo247 11-11-15 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 12641854)
Hey, did anyone else buy the socks edition from Best Buy? Because it was showing as costing $68 before, but now that it has shipped, it's ringing up in my order history as $43.99 + tax for the game and $0.00 for the Season Pass, which is awesome, but really weird as well.
If anyone else preordered the Gold Edition online, check your Order History and please tell me what you were charged for it. Thanks.

Mine shows the same thing, but when they emailed me the season pass, it showed I was charged $24. I just checked my credit card and the same thing, a $24 charge and then a $45.xx charge. I'm guessing it's because you can't get reward points on digital card purchases?

Rival11 11-11-15 08:31 AM

I have a very strong feeling that even if I don't like the story, game play, etc... I will spend thousands of hours on this game due to the freeroam interactions and customization alone - my favorite things to do (in that order as well) in games - had no idea how crazy this series went in to detail until I read the IGN review.

mhg83 11-11-15 09:16 AM

I put in 15 Hours on this last night. Had a few glitches but nothing game breaking. The funniest was the Quest where you have to clear out a Factory from Bandits. I get to the last one who I'm assuming was meant to be a boss. I keep hearing him but couldn't locate him. I finally find him stuck between walls. He flips around and then gets stuck in the floor with only half his body sticking out. He kept screaming "I'M GONNA FUCK YOU UP!" :lol: easiest kill.

mhg83 11-11-15 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Wolf359 (Post 12641511)

If you don't care to mess with the building system there's a gun in the game called the "Junk Jet" It uses your junk as ammo. I renamed it "Junk In The Trunk"

I found the weapon during the first Brotherhood Of Steel Quest.

Decker 11-11-15 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rob V (Post 12641945)
lol

Yeah, because there's no fundamental difference between a consumer selling an unwanted preorder made months ago for secondary market value instead of returning it to the store for a refund and a Target employee buying up all the limited edition soda before the public can even purchase it and putting that up on eBay for over $100 a bottle.

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 (Post 12641997)
Mine shows the same thing, but when they emailed me the season pass, it showed I was charged $24. I just checked my credit card and the same thing, a $24 charge and then a $45.xx charge. I'm guessing it's because you can't get reward points on digital card purchases?

That is almost certainly the reason. Good thinking!

mhg83 11-11-15 11:10 AM

Well looks like I'll be heading back into Vault 111 soon:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mx6djzgm9n0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

redrum 11-11-15 11:21 AM

Ya this game is nice and sharp looking, definitely has some framerate issues

I was already overwhelmed right when i first came out of the vault and saw the world around me

Spiderbite 11-11-15 11:38 AM

The lesson I learned from that is to send the dog out to check for stuff like that often. Wonder what the range on the dog finding stuff is?

edstein 11-11-15 12:10 PM

I got stuck trying to get out of the cryo tubes in the beginning of the game. I had to hard restart the game 4 times before the Out of Time mission would start. After that, no real game breaking glitches after 4 hours in.

I think I'm going to put this down and start Tomb Raider though. I just wanted to get a taste of this game.

GoVegan 11-11-15 12:25 PM

I guess it's time to bail on the thread, because it drives me crazy that I know what vault that stupid gun is in now, without even watching the video.

rocketsauce 11-11-15 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by GoVegan (Post 12642214)
I guess it's time to bail on the thread, because it drives me crazy that I know what vault that stupid gun is in now, without even watching the video.

It's extremely obvious where it was. I saw it in the first 10 minutes of the game. You practically have to walk by it.

If you seriously find that to be a spoiler then I suggest you leave the internet altogether.

Raul3 11-11-15 01:02 PM

12 hours in the game, zero issues. I save a lot just in case though.

I have seen some bugs, standard bugs like in all these open world games, people stuck in walls, people floating in the air, stuff like that.

The workbench system was hard at the beginning, spent almost an hours doing the first related quest to the workbench, but after that is pretty straightforward. I like that you can search(tag?) for items.

Already have 4 fusion cores, but I'm still having some trouble in combat. Right now I have like 4-5 open quests LOL!

The Questyen 11-11-15 01:09 PM

I tried getting that gun like 30 minutes after that video was posted on Kotaku and it doesn't work for me on PS4. I'm doing everything exactly as they say to. It just keeps saying Dogmeat can't find anything.

Easy 11-11-15 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite (Post 12642172)
The lesson I learned from that is to send the dog out to check for stuff like that often. Wonder what the range on the dog finding stuff is?

I wonder if the locksmith perk is even worth a damn. That gun was behind a tough lock (expert?master?) and Dogmeat just grabs it. Huh...

Why So Blu? 11-11-15 01:45 PM

Good to know on that tip about Dogmeat getting the gun. I just finished that BOS mission and got their specialty rifle. I may go and get Dogmeat and scoop up the gun from the vault.