Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Super Video Game (Reverse) Sheep II: Hyper Fighting Champion Edition Turbo HD Remix

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Super Video Game (Reverse) Sheep II: Hyper Fighting Champion Edition Turbo HD Remix

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-13, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to Video Game Sheep volume something!

Intro for first time players
Spoiler:
(Reverse) Sheep is a game that is part Family Feud, part trivia game. The object of the game is to outwit other players through a series of questions that are usually united in theme. There are two types of questions.
The first, Sheep, is one where you try to think like everyone else and match their answers. The more people you match, the better you do. Let's say we have a game of six players (A through F). A Sheep question might be something like "Name a great color." Sheep questions never have right or wrong answers. Let's say our five players answered like this:
Players A, C, and E said "Blue"
Players B and D said "Green"
Player F said "Chartreuse"

Scoring in Sheep games is like golf: the lower your score, the better. The "Blue" players get -3 points (and the best answer). The "Green" players get -2 points. Player F did not match anyone and gets 0 points.

The second type of question, Reverse Sheep, is the exact opposite. You want to avoid matching other players. A Reverse Sheep question might be something like "Name a state on the Atlantic Coast." Reverse Sheep questions always have right or wrong answers. Let's say our players answered like this:

Players D and E said "Delaware"
Players F and B said "Maine"
Player C said "Texas"
Player A said "South Carolina"

The "Delaware" players get +2 points (a penalty, since you want to have a low score). The "Maine" players also get +2 points. Player C's answer might be debated among the players to see if it is considered correct or not. Wrong answers always score above the most common answer. You're always better off going for something obvious than for something obviously wrong.

That's the gist of it. Each person running a game adds little rules here and there but those are the basics.

General Rules
Spoiler:
The object of the game is to out-think everyone by picking answers to questions that are the most common (Sheep) or least common (Reverse Sheep), but still correct.
Example Sheep question: "Name a professional golfer." A good answer might be Tiger Woods and a bad answer might be Chichi Rodriguez.
Example Reverse Sheep question: "Name a play by Shakespeare." Romeo & Juliet might be a bad answer, but Two Gentlemen of Verona might be a good answer, unless everyone is trying to go as obscure as possible.
Scores are tallied according to the number of players answering that question. Sheep answers are tallied as negative. Reverse Sheep answers are tallied as positive. The lowest score wins.
There is no such thing as wrong answer for a Sheep question.
Wrong answers in Reverse Sheep are scored two points above the most common answer.
You may not cheat by using Google, Wikipedia, etc. Use only what's in your head.
Please send in your answers to me via PM. Place only one answer per line, without numbers, set info, or the question itself. Add {sd} to the end of the answer, not the beginning. Those who do not do this will be penalized 20 points right off the bat.
Note: Be creative with your answers, but don't be stupid.
Sheep questions are marked by an S:, Reverse Sheep questions are marked by an R:.

Game-Specific Rules - Slam dunks, etc! -
Spoiler:
Unique Bonus: Reverse Sheep questions will generate additional bonus (negative) points according to the following:
1 Unique is awarded -15
2 Uniques are awarded -10 each
3 Uniques are awarded -6 each
4 Uniques are awarded -3 each
5+ Uniques are awarded -1 each
Slam Dunks {sd} Players have the power of multipliers in their hands. Each player is given five (5) Slam Dunks ({sd} s) which they use by adding {sd} to the end of their answer. Slam Dunks have different effects depending on the question you use them in:
In Sheep questions, the {sd} adds 1 to the Multiplier. Due to stacked Slam Dunks becoming a bit too powerful in these games, I’m limiting the stacking to ONE on any given question. If you place more than ONE on a single question, the additional Slam Dunks will not count. Again, no slam dunks stacking at all!
In Reverse Sheep questions, you can use a single {sd} to turn the question into a sheep question for you. However, if your answer is wrong, it does nothing.
I will correct mistakes made when sending me your answers at a cost of 10 points.

Let's get to the questions!
Spoiler:

Haha , this is another Choose Your Own Adventure game, where you send me the questions!

Here's how it works:

- Each player can submit any number of video game related sheep questions. They can be sheep questions or reverse sheep questions.

- A player can score a -10 bonus on their submitted questions in one of two ways:
1. If you give the best answer (sheepiest answer on a sheep q or least common answer on a reverse q).
2. If you get the best score on the question (with slam dunk usage or a correct unique bonus).
Ties will still get you the bonus

- Please keep the questions video-game related, not ridiculously easy and not ridiculously obscure (See Groucho's question in the last film game, for example).

- If I use your questions, I may alter it to make it a better (imo) question. For example I may change it from a Sheep to a Reverse or vice versa, or slightly change up the language.

- If I don't use your questions, it's most likely because I have a personal grudge against you. PM me for details nothing personal. Something similar was already submitted or it just didn't work for the game.

- An example of a ridiculously easy question would be "S: Name a survival horror video game franchise" and a too obscure question would be "R: Name a playable male character in Project Justice"

I'll keep the question submission section open until I have 20 or so questions or a couple of days whatever comes first.

And here are your REAL Questions!
Spoiler:

01. S: Name a sequel or spinoff of the original Donkey Kong. (Cabman Gray)

02. R: Name a handheld game with the word Metroid in the title. (orangecrush)

03. S: Which is the best Final Fantasy? (Use Japanese numbering to keep the answers consistent.) (taffer)

04. R: Name a Sierra series with “Quest” in the title. (Michael Corvin)

05. S: Name a text-based adventure game appearing on the NES (PC-ports allowed). (jdpatri)

06. R: Name a video game in which the character Ratchet appears. (Decker)

07. S: With the drive to make games more cinematic, developers this generation spent an increasing amount of attention to storytelling. Considering such variables of plot, characters, dialog, voice acting, etc., which current gen game featured the best overall story? (This novel brought to you by maxfisher)

08. R: Name a video game (real or fictional within the movie) that had a character shown in the film Wreck It Ralph. (DaveNinja)

09. S: What is the best Call of Duty game? (cnicholls44)

10. R: Name a lead character in the Grand Theft Auto Franchise. (aka the primary characters you control, not any supporting characters) (fumanstan)

11. S: Name a type of Starman from the Earthbound series. (starman9000)

12. R: Name a playable character from the original Mortal Kombat arcade game released in 1992 (taffer)

13. S: Some modern games purposefully incorporate “old school” graphics and/or play control. What’s the best new “old school” game in the ten years? (story)

14. R: Name a video game franchise established after Jan 1st, 2005 that has spawned at least three distinct retail titles (i.e. original, sequels, or spin-offs. Not ports or GOTY editions) (Decker)

15. S: With the new consoles coming soon, who "won" the last console generation? (fumanstan)

16. R: Name a Batman rogue who physically appears in the 2009 Arkham Asylum game (taffer)

17. S: Name the best console launch game ever (to date) (Decker)

18. R: Name a Legend of Zelda game. Any Legend of Zelda game. (story)

19. S: Name the most disappointing video game sequel ever (Decker)

20. S: The year isn't over yet, but name the Game of the Year for 2013 so far. (fumanstan)

21. S: Which player contributed the best question to this game?

Submitting questions is now closed.

Game is closed.

Last edited by Rockmjd23; 09-30-13 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-25-13, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Super Video Game (Reverse) Sheep II: Hyper Fighting Champion Edition Turbo HD Rem

OK, I think I've got one; will send it shortly.
Old 09-25-13, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Super Video Game (Reverse) Sheep II: Hyper Fighting Champion Edition Turbo HD Rem

@ calling out Groucho Will try and think up a good question tonight!
Old 09-25-13, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Submissions from:
Cabman Gray
taffer
orangecrush
jdpatri
Michael Corvin
maxfisher
Decker
cnicholls44
starman9000
fumanstan

Last edited by Rockmjd23; 09-28-13 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-26-13, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Submitted a question. Rockmjd23, I don't think I noted it and it's probably obvious, but it was intended to be Sheep.
Old 09-26-13, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by maxfisher
Submitted a question. Rockmjd23, I don't think I noted it and it's probably obvious, but it was intended to be Sheep.
It will cost you +10 to make that correction.

Spoiler:
No, but could you imagine?
Old 09-26-13, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

Submitted a question on my favorite franchise.
Old 09-26-13, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
Submitted a question on my favorite franchise.
Hmm...I'm not sure how many other Cooking Mama fans we have here, but I'll give it a shot!
Old 09-28-13, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok well thanks to those that have sent questions. If any of you want to send another question in, feel free.
Old 09-28-13, 09:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
Ok well thanks to those that have sent questions. If any of you want to send another question in, feel free.
Sweet. Can we potentially get the -10 bonus twice then? Anyway I just submitted a second question.
Old 09-28-13, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by taffer
Sweet. Can we potentially get the -10 bonus twice then? Anyway I just submitted a second question.
Sure, why not.
Old 09-28-13, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

submitted a second question.
Old 09-28-13, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I submitted a few just because of the lack of questions so far.
Old 09-28-13, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I haven't thought of a good question.
Old 09-28-13, 02:26 PM

I've sent over two sheep question (the second of which I have no idea how I should answer -- feel free to drop that one if you like)
Old 09-28-13, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

over two? less than three? ahhh... I see... sent over.... not over two...
Old 09-28-13, 03:16 PM
Banned

The original post has been edited to say we can submit multiple questions. Does that mean we can submit more than two?
Old 09-28-13, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Send in as many as you want. I won't even get a chance to sort through them all until later tonight
Old 09-28-13, 03:30 PM
Banned

As many as I want?

Next thing you know, your inbox has 1,000 new messages...
Old 09-28-13, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok, I have my questions. I will post momentarily. If I left one or more of yours off, it's because I think it had too obvious a sheep answer or it had too few answers for a reverse question, or it just was awful.
Old 09-28-13, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Questions posted! Don't blame me for some of the bad ones. I didn't have much to work with
Old 09-28-13, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Damn. Didn't use the WiiU question. Could have really done a number on scoring.

Also, #14, is that 3 titles including the original or 3 sequels/spinoffs?
Old 09-28-13, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Damn. Didn't use the WiiU question. Could have really done a number on scoring.

Also, #14, is that 3 titles including the original or 3 sequels/spinoffs?
As written, it appears to be 3 including the original.
Old 09-28-13, 09:06 PM

Well, since the questions aren't anonymous, I guess I'll clarify : three games total. Three. It's a magic number.
Thought I was pretty clear with the wording of that question though.
Old 09-28-13, 09:31 PM
Banned

I'm in. Some of those reverse questions are pretty brutal.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.