Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

GTA Online Thread Of Law Abiding Citizens

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: What will you do in GTA O?
Missions
44.44%
Golf
25.93%
Tennis
22.22%
Heists
55.56%
Deathmatch
22.22%
Create a mission
18.52%
cause havoc
55.56%
Strip Club
37.04%
Movies
11.11%
other
18.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

GTA Online Thread Of Law Abiding Citizens

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-13, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: GTA Online Thread Of Law Abiding Citizens

Originally Posted by bippitty
I saw some connection errors today, but I don't seem to have lost money.

I broke down and bought an apartment. They really need to add some options. Offer a way to alter furnishings. Some mini games (table tennis, air hockey, pool table, Playboxii console for the TV). Allow changing the volume on the music. A shelf for trophies/achievements. Ability to buy and install a helipad on the roof. Enable running while indoors. Make hookers available to call in. First aid kit.
Running indoors is a must. Biggest peeve about the game...

Helipad on the roof would be GREAT. I hate driving across town (always to the furthest away from me) when I order my helicopter from Pegasus.
Old 10-23-13, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turns out the American Dream trophy is glitched. I bought the apartment at the sign out front and did not get it. It seems that you need to buy it from phone instead.
Old 10-28-13, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yWypXM3tSUg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-29-13, 06:10 AM

The private dances were an easy Platinum Award, but it was a bit of a grind long before the end. If you were listening to me:

I bet you're really a blonde. How did I know that? I must be psychic. Why do they have you saying the same thing over and over again? Why don't you take your top off like the chicks over at the replica of the Playboy mansion do? I don't even have to pay them.
Old 10-29-13, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

I wish they would give you the option to spawn at your apartment after you are killed several times in quick succession. It is so fucking annoying being chain killed by asshole stalkers.
Old 10-30-13, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I love that people figured out how to make custom crew emblems. Seeing the random shit people come up with is funny
Old 11-05-13, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Well my PS3 downloaded the newest patch this morning.

So Rockstar is back to saying the stimulus money will be coming in the next couple days.

Also, the money will be rolled out to players, so some people will get it sooner than others. Sounds like fun!
Old 11-05-13, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

At this point I don't even care about the stimulus money anymore. I have found making money to be pretty easy.
Old 11-06-13, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 184 Likes on 126 Posts

Anyone else had any strange glitches after downloading 1.05? I got stuck in my garage (walked in from the outside) and had to hard reset. Got stuck in my apartment with (with my user name as Michael De Santa and no money). I could walk out into the hallway and into the elevator as well, but could not leave.

One of my crew members got stuck in the elevator in my garage, we had to go out and start a mission and invite him to get him out of there.

Strange stuff that has not happened before the 1.05 patch.
Old 11-06-13, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Haven't had any of that happen so far.
I hope when they add heists, they are actually fun because the missions suck ass. It's hard to use strategy when new enemies just spawn out of thin air and kill you.
I love the hell out of GTA Online, though. Most fun I have had with a game in a while.
Old 11-07-13, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 184 Likes on 126 Posts

Stimulus money landed in my account last night, the entire amount of 500k. So what will you be buying? Mine will just go to ammo and car upgrades since I already have a Apt/10 car garage. I'm debating buying one of the high dollar exotic cars, but not sure if I really need it.

Oh, and I continue to get stuck when walking (not driving) into my garage
Old 11-14-13, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Rockstar officially announced release of the Beach Bum Pack for November 19th.

Beach Bum Pack Details

There will be 4 new vehicles (Dune Buggy, Truck, Camper Van, Speed Boat), 2 new weapons (SNS Pistol, Broken Bottle), and beach themed clothing, hairstyles and tattoos. There will also be new jobs that tie into the beach theme, but the release isn't clear if there will be any new missions.

The cars and weapons will be available in single player as well. The weapons will be automatically added to the 3 characters, while your online character can grab them at AmmuNation. The cars will be on the website for sale, but will cost nothing, while in single player they will be available from their garages (or docks for the boat).

The Beach Bum Pack is free.
Old 11-14-13, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Rockstar Rocks
Old 12-29-13, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone still playing this? There are a ton of hackers out there and they gift people billions and place billion dollar bounties on people. They also use an invinicibility hack. So now it's just a bunch of assholes you cant kill and everyone has a tank.

Does this sort of thing happen frequently in online games?
Old 12-29-13, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I only play with my friends online. We have all been gifted a ton of money but we prefer to do missions and such. Supposedly, Rockstar will be taking our money away soon. I don't know how that is going to work and if they go too far with taking stuff away then I will likely be done with GTA.
Old 12-30-13, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

I've had fun when I have played.
Old 01-02-14, 11:03 PM

I've continued to play this. They added the ability to run inside the apartment and garage a while back. I'm getting an error when I try to get on now. It can't load my most recent save.
Old 01-03-14, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 130 Posts

Has anyone created any races or death-matches yet? I'm addicted to them. Rockstar did a nice job of giving you the freedom to create wherever you want (it is weird using the entire map as a template).

There is only a slight learning curve and it's not bad at all. You can also publish your races right away as they did a nice job of making sure that nobody can create a crap race (in the sense that you can't finish one or not get around people making races with obstacles you can't get around) or a deathmatch that is unfinishable.
Old 01-10-14, 06:16 AM

I finally got around to trying the creator. I built a race. Hillside Ramble. I had more fun creating it than running any of the races. Plus, until someone else runs it, I'm the king of the leaderboard. Hooray!

The placing of checkpoints could be better. My race goes up and down a mountain. The creator would often refuse to place a checkpoint because the area wasn't flat enough. It's a mountain slope! Made the spacing of them difficult. I had to fill in some areas with small props to make the direction clearer. Props are finicky also, but the small ones were less so than the checkpoints.
Old 01-10-14, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They need to give us a mission creator as I have grown sick of playing the same ones over and over again. I also don't care much for deathmatches or races.
Old 01-27-14, 01:26 PM

I've made a few more races. Railroad tracks, subway, jumping from the dam and down the run-off. I run through them every now and again to get money and RP and bang the cars up.

One of the races I've run for RP and money, is Downtown Underground. R* still hasn't fixed the stunt jump glitch in races. I've got something like 250 stunt jumps out of 50.

They haven't fixed the mask glitch. Wearing one that covers your head will often leave you with a shaved head. If Superman were flying around, I wouldn't mind turning into Lex Luthor.

They did fix some money and RP glitches. Although I've seen a report of another money glitch coming out.
Old 01-27-14, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They fixed everything that made the game fun but forgot to add fun. They are worried about the glitchers giving away their precious in-game cash that kept them from being about to sell us their cash cards. However, they still have missions that are glitched: Chopper Tail being one of them nor have they even given us one online heist yet. As much as I really enjoy playing online with my friend, this game's days are numbered unless they add new content and soon. Just give us a damn mission creator and let us go to town.
Old 01-27-14, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, about those heists....
Old 01-27-14, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Yeah, about those heists....

The only heist has been the stolen money that they stole from us. That money made the online infinitely more fun.
Old 01-27-14, 11:09 PM

I've been disturbed by how R* has handled some things in online and offline. I've had a lot of fun, but it seems that R* was fighting against my fun too often.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.