Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Disney Infinity - Disney's Infinite Moneymaker

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-15, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 749 Likes on 370 Posts
Re: Disney Infinity - Disney's Infinite Moneymaker

So I got 2.0 for PS3 for my kids for Christmas along with a couple of 1.0 figures, and they are enjoying it. I noticed that the 1.0 game for PS3 was available on Disney Movie Rewards, and I had enough points for it, since I rarely find anything on there that I actually want. So I figure that for the exclusive figures and the chance to play with the 1.0 playsets, it's worth a redemption.

So we have it now, but the only problem is that the 1.0 figures which we already had been using with 2.0 now show as "Guest" characters in 1.0. Anyone know if there is any way I can reclaim ownership in both games without resetting their levels, or are we just screwed because we played with them in 2.0 first?
Old 01-15-15, 07:29 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not 100% but I would imagine that any leveling done with a 1.0 figure in 2.0 would not carry over to 1.0.
Old 01-15-15, 07:32 AM

The levels earned in 2.0 showed, but it showed as a guest character instead of me owning it, and I guess when you're playing with a guest character you can't earn trophies and stuff.
Old 01-15-15, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets face it once you go to 2.0 there is no going back.
Old 01-15-15, 01:28 PM
wlj

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
The levels earned in 2.0 showed, but it showed as a guest character instead of me owning it, and I guess when you're playing with a guest character you can't earn trophies and stuff.

are you certain you have both set up on the same disney account? i know...dumb question
Old 01-15-15, 01:50 PM

The first game didn't ask me to login to a Disney account. I'm not sure if it does. I was definitely logged into PSN. Everything on the website seems to indicate that that is only for 2.0.

I guess the first game has an option to "Take ownership" of a figure, but doing so will reset the levels. The second game, instead of "Take ownership" has an option to "Share Ownership", presumably so you can own it in 2.0 but not reset the levels you've already acquired in 1.0. And then you can go back and forth and level up in both games.

But it seems like it doesn't work in reverse. Because I already own them in 2.0 but not 1.0, I'm afraid to take ownership in 1.0 and reset the levels.
Old 02-09-15, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,093 Likes on 664 Posts

Yondu is currently $9.99 at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 02-09-15, 07:51 AM
wlj

cool! however i just bought several on ebay so i will have to hold off until later. I am loving this game, I have gotten alot of the figures. The community toybox levels to download are getting better as well. I played a good one called "Castle in the Sky". it has alot of enemies and is fun and good for leveling your figure. I have several of the non-Marvel figures that don't have playsets so I rely on the toybox to do all their leveling
Old 02-09-15, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Yondu is currently $9.99 at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They are pm'ing Best Buy as they have them on sale this week for 9.99.
Old 02-09-15, 09:14 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by darkdaze73

nice....however I...have......to......resist
Old 02-09-15, 09:16 AM
wlj

for those here that collect these figures. Which is your favorite? Could be from looks of the figure or the in-game fun.

Gameplay wise, i have been having a blast with Rocket Raccoon. I have him at level 14 I think so I still have not maxxed his abilities.

Cosmetically -- the Venom statue looks pretty damn awesome. They all do actually
Old 02-09-15, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

I just bought my first 2 figures and I don't have the game.

Venom and Donald Duck.
Old 02-09-15, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have gone crazy with this - I have 39 figures! All of them are above Level 10 (I created an enemy spawning arena that I fight them in), and Nova is at 20! I just picked up Aladdin, Jasmine, and Merida last week. I do really like the figures' physical appearance as well. I created an Agrabah level with the discs I got with the Aladdin pack, and now I'll be going in and playing more downloadable levels.

BTW, my favorites are Baymax, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hiro, Thor, and Mr. Incredible!
Old 02-09-15, 10:01 AM
wlj

i haven't tried to create my own levels yet. i am a little intimidated to be quite honest. I have alot of the power discs as well so I should be able to create pretty cool levels. I had thought of doing something fairly basic to make alot of enemies spawn to help level. there are still several figures I haven't even used yet.
Old 02-09-15, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I found a tutorial for an experience generated. You can enter have the character sit there and level up to about level 10 in 30-45 minutes.

I'm gonna have to jump on the a BB deal this week to finish our Marvel collection. My local Vintage Stock has prepared power disc for $2.50, while this is retail you get what you want.
Old 02-09-15, 10:23 AM
wlj

I really want to finish out my Marvel guys as well....the ones i don't have are: Drax, Groot, Iron Fist, Yondu, Ronin, and Green Goblin.

Any word on any new playsets for 2.0?
Old 02-09-15, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

We just have the 3 new baddies and Hawkeye & Nick Fury.

I'll use this sale and get these for my son for Valentine's Day, he's outgrown stuffed animals.
Old 02-09-15, 10:47 AM
wlj

I am definitely getting Loki next month.
Old 02-09-15, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,093 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Looks like they just PM'ed Ronan and Green Goblin as well.

I picked those up for my kid. He only wants the marvel stuff on the 2.0 version and doesn't want any of the Disney characters for 2.0.

Are any of the Disney characters really cool that he may be missing out on and not realize it?
Old 02-09-15, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Baymax and Hiro are really cool. Alladin's powers are really neat to see and how can you not love Stitch and Donald Duck. I think Disney is missing out by not including more of the Princesses. My daughter gets jealous of the cool characters my son gets.

I have all the characters. My kids love them. I have Iron Fist and Green Goblin in my closet waiting to be gifted to my son and will buy Loki when it comes out.
Old 02-09-15, 01:30 PM

I'm just getting into the collecting of power discs. So what does everyone do with their duplicates? Are there good places to swap them? Anyone interested in swapping here? I only have 2 dups so far and they're both 1.0 discs, but I have a feeling there will be many more.
Old 02-09-15, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,959 Likes on 1,516 Posts

I still don't get the toybox and the draw. To me, all these characters are wasted by not being able to play with them in a straightforward way in a playset or whatnot. I tried some of the popular downloadable levels and they seem buggy to me.

A separate Disney princess Infinity game would go over huge in my house, though.
Old 02-09-15, 01:36 PM

^My girls quickly tire of the straightforward games in the playsets, but they could build things for hours. I don't get it either, but hey, something for them and something for me.
Old 02-10-15, 07:28 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
I'm just getting into the collecting of power discs. So what does everyone do with their duplicates? Are there good places to swap them? Anyone interested in swapping here? I only have 2 dups so far and they're both 1.0 discs, but I have a feeling there will be many more.

i have only gotten 2 duplicates, Spidey Symbiote Costume and Winter Soldier team up. I sold them on ebay. I got $10 for the symbiote costume...it is one of the most sought after.

Originally Posted by fujishig
I still don't get the toybox and the draw. To me, all these characters are wasted by not being able to play with them in a straightforward way in a playset or whatnot. I tried some of the popular downloadable levels and they seem buggy to me.

A separate Disney princess Infinity game would go over huge in my house, though.

I was skeptical of the toybox mode at the beginning but I see the appeal now. If you do some digging you can find some really fun ones. I haven't tryed my hand at building one yet since I am not the most creative person. Some of them do seem a little buggy, I tried one of the more popular ones last night and the camera keep changing into really bad angles. The most trouble of I had with a toy box. The toy box is definitely more fun with a friend. Unfortunately I don't have any that play this game, my son just turned 4 but he isn't quite coordinated or patient enough to sit down and play something.

I do wish there were more playsets. I have enjoyed those so far...the spiderman one probably the least. I would also like to have a nice Frozen playset (yes I am a 36 year old man that is a big fan of the movie). It is rather odd that there is none.

All in all I enjoy the game and collecting the figures. They all look really nice. Too bad my wife won't let me display them like I want.

Last edited by wlj; 02-10-15 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-14-15, 12:47 PM
wlj

Got green goblin today at best buy while on sale 9.99

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.