Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Disney Infinity - Disney's Infinite Moneymaker

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-13, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

my son is having an absolute blast with his. we are doing the incredibles one, first. he just runs around smashing shit while i do all the mission modes. for the most part, he doesn't have to participate unless it is one of those "protect" missions.
Old 08-22-13, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully wave 2 has some decent sales in oct. I am not really feeling the toy box mode only figures coming in wave 2... I want a damn wreck it ralph playset!
Old 08-22-13, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
can you get another link? those will only show up if you have a blu-ray forum account, which is obnoxious.
don't feel like uploading it elsewhere here at work but it just says buy 2 get 1 free on Disney Infinity $12.99 each single characters Mater, Dash, and Davy Jones (all 3 pictured), plus 7 more available in stores
quantities limited, no rainchecks, lowest priced item will be free
Old 08-22-13, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk God

ok. thanks.
Old 08-24-13, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like all US Toys R Us stores will be having the Infinity swap meet on Sept. 7th from 12-2pm. Word is that a 2nd TRU exclusive (Tron power disk) will be available on or before that date. There will be a limited trick-or-treat bag (not sure if it involves DI) at the event.
Old 08-24-13, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Did all the missions for incredibles. Doing pirates one now. Definitely like incredibles level better as does my son.
Old 08-24-13, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
So question, the hex discs that give you crap for toybox. You can stack 3 of them. When you put them in the game, do they stay in the game in the future without having to use them again or do you have to continue to place the discs. I'm new to these kinds of games, so I'm trying to figure how it all works.
unless I am incorrect .. once the disks are off the base, the item is out of the game
Old 08-26-13, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

I havd had a blest so far with the Playsets - Pirates and Incredibles being the better 2. All my kids are loving it so far.
Old 08-26-13, 10:13 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

My kids won't leave the Toy Box!
Old 08-26-13, 10:27 AM

I am surprised Disney hasn't started including exclusive power discs in their new blu-ray releases.
Old 08-26-13, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

We will not likely be purchasing this as we are a Wii only house and both kids (girl-6, boy 9) said it looked like a Skylanders knock-off. The boy went on to say he didn't like the power disk packages as you don't see what you're getting. He got burnt out on Pokemon because of the blind buy nature of card packs and doesn't want it for a video game at all.

That said I *did* fun a fingernail across a half-dozen or so of the power disk packages at WM yesterday and found at least 2 "rares". I didn't purchase either but it was tempting.
Old 08-26-13, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
We will not likely be purchasing this as we are a Wii only house and both kids (girl-6, boy 9) said it looked like a Skylanders knock-off. The boy went on to say he didn't like the power disk packages as you don't see what you're getting. He got burnt out on Pokemon because of the blind buy nature of card packs and doesn't want it for a video game at all.

That said I *did* fun a fingernail across a half-dozen or so of the power disk packages at WM yesterday and found at least 2 "rares". I didn't purchase either but it was tempting.
The blind buying part is over as you can just put the unopened packs on the portal to find out what's in each one. You can then just return the packs you don't need.

Burnt out on cards?? Collecting cards must not be that popular anymore with kids.

Last edited by Krayzie; 08-26-13 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-26-13, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Krayzie
The blind buying part is over as you can just put the unopened packs on the portal to find out what's in each one. You can then just return the packs you don't need.
I forgot that part. I didn't see a "test" portal in WM - do those allow "seeing" what's in the packs or is it a strictly at home process?
Burnt out on cards?? Collecting cards must not be that popular anymore with kids.
He got tired of pulling "the same cards" all the time and not getting what he *really* wanted. He still "collects" but doesn't "blind buy" very often (but he also makes regular Skylanders purchases of Series 2 figures I'll not buy). He mainly goes to stores that sell singles and buys just the ones he wants. He's found it's much less expensive in the long run doing it that way.
Old 08-26-13, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I forgot that part. I didn't see a "test" portal in WM - do those allow "seeing" what's in the packs or is it a strictly at home process?
It's an at home process. The store portals only play a video about the packs if you try using them for that purpose.

I may end up trying this if I get desperate.
Old 08-27-13, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Roybq
It's an at home process. The store portals only play a video about the packs if you try using them for that purpose.

I may end up trying this if I get desperate.
Just buy 20 non rare packs, take them home and list what's on each pack before opening. That way you can get the least amount of duplicates possible. Although now that the TRU sale is over, it sounds crazy spending $100 on 20 packs... Yes, in my mind $60 didn't seem as bad!
Old 08-27-13, 06:20 AM

He got tired of pulling "the same cards" all the time and not getting what he *really* wanted. He still "collects" but doesn't "blind buy" very often (but he also makes regular Skylanders purchases of Series 2 figures I'll not buy). He mainly goes to stores that sell singles and buys just the ones he wants. He's found it's much less expensive in the long run doing it that way.
You need to buy him a case of boosters! I miss card shows. When I used to play Magic back in the day they would have really cheap cases of boosters. It was usually like 50% off the comic store prices. I suppose it doesn't help that boosters are ~$4 now instead of the $2-$3 they used to be.
Old 08-27-13, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The son of a woman I work with purchased Infinity (Wii-U)with his birthday money. I'd stopped by her office to ask if he was begging for Swap Force and she told me about his new Infinity addiction! I passed along the information on how to find "rares" and the "check 'em on the portal" trick. She says he's really enjoying the game so far.
Old 08-29-13, 01:13 PM

http://vinylmationkingdom.com/2013/0...s-trade-event/

On sept 7th at the TRU trade event there is supposed to be a $20 off coupon for the starter set and a 40% off disney infinity accessory coupon. Also the power discs should be 2 for $6 and supposedly the second tru exclusive disc will be out.

There is also some sort of free trick or treat bag for the first X amount of people at the event.
Old 08-29-13, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is also some sort of free trick or treat bag for the first X amount of people at the event.
is this a term you are using or TRU is using
I would think a goodie bad would sound more appropriate for September
Old 08-29-13, 01:44 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Question about the first TRU exclusive (Mike's Car). By the time I made it to the store last week they were sold out of these. This week, I checked back in and all they had were the Silver packs with no exclusive discs.

Am I SOL, or will this be back in stock some time?
Old 08-29-13, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
Question about the first TRU exclusive (Mike's Car). By the time I made it to the store last week they were sold out of these. This week, I checked back in and all they had were the Silver packs with no exclusive discs.

Am I SOL, or will this be back in stock some time?
Mike's Car will be a regular non-lencticular disc in Wave 2. I doubt you're going to find the "rare" version outside of eBay, but you'll still be able to get the disc and the item in game a little bit later.
Old 08-29-13, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

How is this holding up for everyone? This might be a christmas present down the road. Black Friday is coming soon.
Old 08-29-13, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk God

The Pirates game is frustrating. The levels are poorly designed and the sailing of ships and other boats is absurdly terrible. My kid likes it for the Pirates stuff, but the Incredibles one is a vastly superior game. Haven't touched the Cars or Monsters University one, yet.
Old 08-30-13, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by musick
is this a term you are using or TRU is using
I would think a goodie bad would sound more appropriate for September
It's a term the site I stole all the info from used! Retail stores are ready for Halloween already!
Old 08-30-13, 10:34 AM

Spoiler:

http://vinylmationkingdom.com/2013/0...n-right-along/
Well this game is the devil...

Last edited by Krayzie; 08-30-13 at 10:40 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.