Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The VR Thread (Oculus Rift, Vive, Playstation VR)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The VR Thread (Oculus Rift, Vive, Playstation VR)

Old 12-28-21, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 490 Likes on 390 Posts
Re: The VR Thread (Oculus Rift, Vive, Playstation VR)

Originally Posted by Edison View Post
I picked up a unit and hooked it up right after Christmas. Used the referral program that gives both parties $60 store credit right now (till 12/31 I think). There is a "special multiplayer" bundle for $29.98 that contains Dameo, Walkabout Mini Golf, and Blaston. I'm really interested in Dameo does anyone know how it does single player? I've read Walkabout can be okay single player, Blaston not so much. I did go ahead and grab the Fanatical Oculus VR bundle too.

What all do I need for wireless PC play? I see that the airlink is built-in already, what does the app on the store called Virtual Desktop do different? I'm thinking about picking up Half-Life Alyx while it's on sale, but I know my computer graphics card will have to be updated, hopefully my processor/wifi are okay already.
Just install the Oculus app on your PC, if prompted plug your Quest 2 in via USB.

https://uploadvr.com/how-to-air-link-pc-vr-quest-2/

The virtual desktop app requires you sideload a version of the app to the Quest 2. It works similarly.
Old 12-30-21, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I got a Quest 2 for xmas. I purchased virtual desktop and my Steam VR titles (which I had installed with my pre-Rift Oculus) showed up on the list of games so that was cool. I got some 3d printed adapters so i could put in prescription lenses and that worked out well; much better than trying to wear it with glasses on. I bought Alyx on the steam winter sale so I'll have to see how it works.
Old 12-31-21, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNinja View Post
I got a Quest 2 for xmas. I purchased virtual desktop and my Steam VR titles (which I had installed with my pre-Rift Oculus) showed up on the list of games so that was cool. I got some 3d printed adapters so i could put in prescription lenses and that worked out well; much better than trying to wear it with glasses on. I bought Alyx on the steam winter sale so I'll have to see how it works.
Did the same thing when I purchased our Quest 2 last year. Virtual desktop and Alyx. I only played for a few minutes with this set up - suboptimal WiFi and limited space at the time - and the experience was much better than using the wired Oculus Rift. One day, when I can pry the headset away from my daughter, I'll finish Alyx.