Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The VR Thread (Oculus Rift, Vive, Playstation VR)

Old 10-02-19, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The VR Thread (Oculus Rift, Vive, Playstation VR)

Originally Posted by Maxflier View Post
Anyone messed around with the alt space app? It's pretty cool going to an open mic night in VR. Everyone who went up on stage was pretty horrible, but was still pretty neat thing to be able to do.
What is an open mic night in VR? Is it people singing? Comedy? That's an intriguing concept. How many people were there?
Old 10-03-19, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, there was people doing both singing and comedy.
I would say there was 20-30 people in the crowd, and the people who wanted to go on stage and perform would line up to the side.
And as a spectator you are given access to emotes to applaud or boo the performer if you want.
Old 10-07-19, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm 'working from home' today so I took a break to try out the first Vader Immortal episode. It was hands down the most polished VR experience I've had, and it was incredible. If I didn't have to get even a little something accomplished today, I'd download and start the next one right now.
Old 10-07-19, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lopper View Post
I'm 'working from home' today so I took a break to try out the first Vader Immortal episode. It was hands down the most polished VR experience I've had, and it was incredible. If I didn't have to get even a little something accomplished today, I'd download and start the next one right now.
It really is exceptional. The second one keeps up the quality, and in some respects pushes it further, but its short at around 35 mins. The Lightsabre dojo however is vastly improved and you can have a lot of fun with that on its on. Cannot wait for Episode III and have my fingers crossed that we get more of this type of experience in the future.
Old 10-08-19, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does anyone use Skybox with Oculus Quest? I far prefer it to the build-in Oculus video player due to greater robustness of handling different formats, fun viewing settings (like in a big theater, on a space station, or on the moon) and streaming capabilities (through Airscreen and normal media servers).

The last time I tried to use it (over the weekend) there was an update to the app. And of course, the update stopped making it work for me Particularly the streaming capabilities ... both the Airscreen and normal media servers aren't showing up anymore. Nothing else has changed about my computer, modem, or internet set-up (and streaming to other devices still works perfectly fine). Does anyone know what's up with this? Is it something anyone else is experiencing (and maybe something Skybox knows about and is working on)? Or is it just me (in which case I'm probably shit out of luck )
Old 10-09-19, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brainee View Post
Does anyone use Skybox with Oculus Quest? I far prefer it to the build-in Oculus video player due to greater robustness of handling different formats, fun viewing settings (like in a big theater, on a space station, or on the moon) and streaming capabilities (through Airscreen and normal media servers).

The last time I tried to use it (over the weekend) there was an update to the app. And of course, the update stopped making it work for me Particularly the streaming capabilities ... both the Airscreen and normal media servers aren't showing up anymore. Nothing else has changed about my computer, modem, or internet set-up (and streaming to other devices still works perfectly fine). Does anyone know what's up with this? Is it something anyone else is experiencing (and maybe something Skybox knows about and is working on)? Or is it just me (in which case I'm probably shit out of luck )
I believe i have it, but not used it recently. I will boot it up tonight and see what happens. I have certainly installed the update as thats the first thing i check every time i start my Quest up. I encountered an issue with VRPokerStars from the last update. I saved my coin for one of the new electric axes, bought it and displays in my Stash, but when i try materializing it in hand it doesn't appear. Tempted to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if it makes any difference.
Old 10-09-19, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I use Skybox, but I've never streamed with it - always just played files which had been copied to the Quest.

I've only noticed the usual Pokerstars problems since the update - occasional crashes, screen going black, difficulties joining tables, etc.

I'm definitely disappointed that Beat Saber has lost support for custom songs, so I haven't updated that.
Old 10-16-19, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I booted up Skybox and it worked fine for me. I was only playing from the drive though and not streaming. It actually got me wondering if there is anyway i could stream from my nVidia Shield to the Occulus. Probably not, but would be cool.