Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-15, 10:09 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Originally Posted by achau9598
Great news everyone! there seems to be a Futurama game on the horizon ...
Old 07-10-15, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,021 Likes on 843 Posts

I maxed out my four ballplayers and thought about buying some soccer balls, but I think I'll wait to see what's going on in act 3 since we're only a couple days away. Community total is at 6 million out of 110.

New daily task is tougher than most of them.
Old 07-12-15, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Act three starts at 4am ET tomorrow morning. If you've collected all of the Act two prizes and are unlikely to get to 3,000 caps today for a Donut bonus - stop tapping fans now and let them accumulate so that you'll be as closed to maxed out when the next Act starts as possible. Also, if you've got CBG on his quest today and cannot use the 1,200 caps he'll collect when the tasks end, consider delaying him until after 4am so the reward (2000 pennants) will count toward your Act three prizes.

Note: The next two daily tasks are:
- Win three Tap Ball games
- Win four Tap Ball games

If you only have one team that can consistently win, and can't ensure that with work and sleep that you can actually send that team to play 4-5 times, then consider saving up some tonic to use on Day 2 to help your weaker teams win.

Last edited by kenbuzz; 07-12-15 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-12-15, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For Act 3 the reward for completing the daily tasks increases from 1200 (Caps) to 2000 (Pennants). The Act 3 awards are:

1) TestosterZone (Building) at 8,400 Pennants
2) 1,000 Amateur Bucks at 17,400 Pennants
3) Ballet Ralph (Tap Ball Player Skin) at 26,300 Pennants
4) Brain and Nerve Tonic (9x) at 33,500 Pennants
5) Homerclese Statue at 38,900 Pennants

Plus, Grampa Abe gets a Tap Ball Player skin (Toreador Grampa) but it's an 85 Donut purchase.

Several to-purchase items go away, but several new ones will appear....

Going away (get 'em now if you want 'em):
30 T-Ball Stand
45 Duff Racer
50 Gorgeous Grampa Billboard
70 Duff-Barney Blimp
75 Gorgeous Grampa Skin
90 Burns Basketball Stadium
145 Simpson Laser Tag

Appearing:
20 Excellence Prize Statue
30 Tennis Ball Machine
45 Duff Party Bus
50 Gold Tap Ball Stadium Skin (if you bought the 50 Donut Clay Skin, you'll have to pay again if you decide you want Gold instead)
50 Strongman Homer Skin
60 Duff Blimp
85 Toreador Grampa
250 Murderhorn <-- HUGE! 14x14, comes with a +5% payout

## = Cost in Donuts

Last edited by kenbuzz; 07-12-15 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-13-15, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I stayed up till 1 to tap all my fans at the start of act 3, but it probably wasn't necessary as I finished the other acts with a few days to spare, and the daily tap ball task was easy.

For some reason I've accumulated 50 bottles of toxin. I guess I should use them to win tougher games.

This set of prizes seems pretty meh, but whatever. Getting sports skins at this stage of the game seems kind of useless. My main goal will be to finish as soon as possible and get as many bonus donuts as possible.

Good news, everyone! We're now at 10 million balls out of 110 million! Those balls are so useless. I've bought three or four and dropped them in people's towns, and I've gotten about three dropped on me (thanks!), but they don't do anything, and I can't tell who dropped them. It'd at least be nice to know who had visited. I appreciate the 20 free donuts, but otherwise the community prizes have been a complete joke.
Old 07-13-15, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I wish it would at least let you know if there's a ball in your town. They're tough to spot.
Old 07-14-15, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Community prize #2 was just changed to 12 million+, and we're almost there.

I have a ton of bucks stored. I should figure out if I really want anything from the crafting stuff (maybe the uprights, but that's it) and use the rest on playing and winning games.

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I wish it would at least let you know if there's a ball in your town. They're tough to spot.
They are, but does it really matter?
Old 07-14-15, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm planning on a pair of goalposts and a 2nd soccer net for my HS football field. Then two more light towers and two more bleachers for the Tap Ball stadium. There's something else I wanna get but I can't recall what it is. I figure I'll need 9300 AB, or about 2600 more than I have now. I feel pretty confident I'll get there, especially with a 1000 AB Act prize and another 1000 AB Community Prize coming.
Old 07-15-15, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I tossed my daily-prize balls at a few people in this thread. Just supporting the cause.

Originally Posted by kenbuzz
I'm planning on a pair of goalposts and a 2nd soccer net for my HS football field. Then two more light towers and two more bleachers for the Tap Ball stadium. There's something else I wanna get but I can't recall what it is. I figure I'll need 9300 AB, or about 2600 more than I have now. I feel pretty confident I'll get there, especially with a 1000 AB Act prize and another 1000 AB Community Prize coming.
It's easier for you to figure out what you want because you make awesome layouts in your town, whereas I just throw shit where it fits and rearrange once a quarter or so.
Old 07-16-15, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777
It's easier for you to figure out what you want because you make awesome layouts in your town, whereas I just throw shit where it fits and rearrange once a quarter or so.
I appreciate the compliment. I was very happy to see that one of the craftable items this time was a set of football goalposts, because I have really gotten tired of seeing trash cans piled up in my football stadium. And since the goalposts themselves are 3D, I no longer need that MacGuyvered solution in my endzone and can put the goalposts on the back line, leaving room in front of them for a pair of soccer goals (since it's soccer season right now).

I've been raking in the ABs, as I'm over 11,000 now. I think the decision a week ago to STOP upgrading my TapBall team has payed huge dividends. Since I've already got all the ABs I need for the craftable items I want to get, I'm focusing on Pennants now so I can get the remaining personal prizes quickly and start harvesting Bonuts before the event ends in a few days.

Right now, I have 11 players and about a dozen Obestoade recharges so I can recharge one player and play three TapBall games until Ralph shows up:

Team#1: Lisa (4.5), Homer (5.0), Bart (2.5), Marge (2.5).
I go find a 4.0-Star opponent and boost Bart using one of my 40+ Tonics to get him to 4.5. My players play in the order shown so I can swap Homer forward or backward depending on my opponent's lineup. I only have to win 3 bouts, but if there's a coinflip that I lose, I can boost Marge to try to get that third win.

Team#2: Ned (4.5), Homer (5.0), CBG (2.5), Furious D (2.5).
I recharge Homer so I can reuse him, then replay that 4.0 opponent and use the same strategy as above, using my swaps to use Homer best, boosting CBG and being ready to boost the horse if I need to.

Team#3: Apu (4.0), Jasper (2.0), Burns (2.0), Milhouse (1.5).
I had been boosting Jasper and Burns and finding a 3.5 to beat, but I did the math and it turns out to be better to save the boosts for Teams 1/2 and just go find a 5-star opponent to lose to.

Every time my teams take the field I use 1 recharge on Homer and 2 tonics (Bart + CBG) to earn 74 ABs and 310 Pennants. If I just lost to 3 5.0-Star teams I would earn 270 Pennants, so I'm 20 extra Pennants for each tonic I'm using. I've not been able to come up with a better strategy yet in terms of Pennants-per-Tonic. I should be getting Ralph in the next 24 hours, which is right about when I run out of recharges that that works well. He shows up as a 3.0 player, so I'll probably just stick him in Homer's spot on Team 2 and plan to use a Tonic on him each time to get Homeric-like performance out of him.
Old 07-18-15, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I earned the final prize, and the last community prize is in, so it's donut bonuses for me from here on out.

I'm sitting on 6K ABs, 11 obesotrades, and 50 tonics so I need to burn these off this weekend.

I always put my players on the non-practice tasks so they'll be outside. Of course they have to be close to the stadium or the effect is lost. I tried to access today's daily task, but the menu just said Done! and pointed me to the stadium so I figured it had to involve one of the players. So I tapped them one by one with no change in the menu, and as they started to wander away, I realized I was going to have to make them all practice again just to bring them back to the stadium. Of course the last thing I tap is the stadium itself, which then reveals that today's daily task is practicing tap ball, and I have 1/20 in the books already with Millhouse (no outdoor currency activity).

The annoying thing is that I have only nine players currently available, so once they finished their first round I was at 10/20 and will need at least one more to go a third round to hit 20. It'll be easy--just annoying.
Old 07-21-15, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I decided to make a final push for donuts last night and got up to 3450 pennants, and then hit 3500 first thing this morning. I figured we had till 8 instead of the usual last night at 1 so I might as well make another push considering these events don't always end on time. So I cashed in all my ABs to refresh my players for continual games and made it to another 3500! Now I'm back to square 1, with 60 pennants, a few bottles of tonic, and enough bucks for four bottles of obesotade. I'm ready to move on.

I did splurge on the tennis court because it's a decent multiplier and I want to consolidate my sports facilities.

EDIT: Update now showing in the iOS app store.

Last edited by davidh777; 07-21-15 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-21-15, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Im like 1500 away from another donut round after getting to one this morning. I'm hoping I can make it again.
Old 07-21-15, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hold off on updating! There's a glitch in the current version that can be exploited for donuts!

Here's what's happening: If you tap a fan (generating 1 AB and 30 Pennants) and then immediately switch out to the Neighbors screen before those fans "pop", when you return to your Springfield you will have been credited for the AB/Pennants but the fan you tapped will NOT have been removed from the game. You can tap again, switch out, switch back, and repeat!

There's a very small catch: Fans that are tapped that near your Tap Ball stadium WILL be removed, so when you go looking for fans to tap you need to be looking at some part of your Springfield OTHER than near the stadium.

What I've done is scrolled around my town until I've found a cluster of 5+ fans. I tap one, resulting in all of them in the area redeeming, then I immediately head to the Neighbors screen. When I return, I've been awarded 150 Pennants (or more), and when I scroll back to that spot those fans are still there. It only takes 117 fans to get 3500 Pennants, causing the Bonus Donuts ("Bonuts") screen to pop up. It's taking me about 15-20 minutes to get to 3500 Pennants.

And for some (myself included), after the Bonuts screen is cleared, it comes right back for an immediate 2nd Bonuts round.

In my case, the donuts behind the three doors appear to NOT move, so if the left door hid three donuts the first time, it'll have three the second time as well. Through luck or process of elimination, I can figure out which door hides three Bonuts by buying only one second chance for 150,000. The first time I play I will get 2 or 3 Bonuts, the second time is always 3, and I never have to spend more than 150K.... free if I guess right on the first tap.... forget that last part, I guess it was just coincidence because it's no longer doing that.

Anyway... the Resurrecting Fan glitch will go away if you download the update. But until the update is forced, it's open season on Bonuts!

Last edited by kenbuzz; 07-21-15 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-22-15, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Amazon has spilled what the next update will contain:

Spoiler:
What's new in version 4.15.5
Journey beyond the mountain and find a land full of opportunity and riches! A new path has opened in Springfield that will take you above the mountains for the first time. Let Cookie Kwan be your guide to this new brand new area of Springfield - Springfield Heights!
Featuring:
• 10+ Buildings
• 20+ Decorations
• 50+ New Squares of Land
• And Much More to Come!

I'm a little indifferent to this news as they haven't done much with Krustyland and this sort of sounds like the same thing.
Old 07-22-15, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I already updated. Usually I try to squeeze an event for all it's worth, but this time I'd had enough, I guess.
Old 07-22-15, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Neil M.
Amazon has spilled what the next update will contain:

Spoiler:
What's new in version 4.15.5
Journey beyond the mountain and find a land full of opportunity and riches! A new path has opened in Springfield that will take you above the mountains for the first time. Let Cookie Kwan be your guide to this new brand new area of Springfield - Springfield Heights!
Featuring:
• 10+ Buildings
• 20+ Decorations
• 50+ New Squares of Land
• And Much More to Come!

I'm a little indifferent to this news as they haven't done much with Krustyland and this sort of sounds like the same thing.
I read that as well, though at first I got Cookie Kwan confused with Asian Reporter Tricia Takanawa. I've kinda enjoyed filling-out my Krustyland when I've had spare time, which admittedly there hasn't been a whole lot of during the past several months, what with Valentines Day and Superheroes and Terwilligers and Tap Ball. But I'm eager to see what EA has in store for us, and I'm hoping there's a Monorail involved.
Old 07-22-15, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Resurrecting Fan update:

By waiting the 4 hours for my Tap Ball players to reset, I've not only been able to play three quick Tap Ball games (several hundred Pennants), but my Springfield had refilled with fans, making it easy to find a clump of 7-10 of them to nail with a single tap. One Tap-Neighbor-Return cycle takes about 30 seconds and I'm getting 200-300 Pennants. It takes less than 10 minutes of leisurely tapping to get to 3500 Pennants and trigger two Bonut awards, or less than 15 minutes if I don't have the Tap Ball head start.

I don't even spend bucks anymore on 2nd chances, since I'm happy with 4-5 Bonuts I get every time I cycle through. I've collected about 60 Bonuts since learning about the glitch last night. I expect a forced download this evening, since it will have been 24 hours since the update was available online, but if not I'll keep churning until I have to stop.
Old 07-22-15, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone else update and now experience constant crashes while trying to visit neighbors? I've had 5 crashes while making it through the first 9 of my neighbors.
Old 07-22-15, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
Anyone else update and now experience constant crashes while trying to visit neighbors? I've had 5 crashes while making it through the first 9 of my neighbors.
I just made some visits without incident. I did continually fail to connect to the network last night, though.
Old 07-22-15, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

The new update seems like it's going to be very time consuming. They've also added 50 more tiles to make for Squidport.
Old 07-22-15, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Still not updated. Just got my 80th Bonut in 24hrs tonight.
Old 07-23-15, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Now this is an update I can get behind. Tap ball sucked all the life out of me. I just want to build stuff
Old 07-23-15, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by stingermck
Now this is an update I can get behind. Tap ball sucked all the life out of me. I just want to build stuff
Yeah, I like it so far but I need to take a break to go to work. You know it's time-consuming when the basic task is 30 seconds long.
Old 07-23-15, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Yeah I am sitting at work just tapping away

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.