Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 06-09-13, 12:17 AM   #126
Krayzie
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Defiance

I am at the Defiance mission and I don't think I have the patience to sit here and level all my weapons. I might just level my sniper rifles and beat the mission.

edit: I tried leveling a sniper rifle and gave up as it was way too boring...

I tried co-op maps today and it seems like a much better way to level your weapons. I however can't figure out how to leave a group without logging out. I went through the menu and it won't leave...

Last edited by Krayzie; 06-09-13 at 01:23 PM..
Old 06-09-13, 07:15 PM   #127
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayzie View Post
I am at the Defiance mission and I don't think I have the patience to sit here and level all my weapons. I might just level my sniper rifles and beat the mission.

edit: I tried leveling a sniper rifle and gave up as it was way too boring...

I tried co-op maps today and it seems like a much better way to level your weapons. I however can't figure out how to leave a group without logging out. I went through the menu and it won't leave...

I don't know if I have the patience either to level up even a few weapons. There are a couple in the clan that have leveled 3-4 all the way to 20. And you think the snipe is slow...the pistol, sawed-off and rocket launcher are a real pain.

On leaving Groups you should be able to hit the "Right" on the D-pad which brings up the menu...look for "groups" and arrow over...should be a option for "leave".

If and when you want to do some of the sides in San fran look me up...I still haven't done none of the sides and holding off do the final Defiance Mission for now.

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 06-09-13, 09:02 PM   #128
edstein
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Do you have to level up one or all weapons to beat the game?
Old 06-09-13, 10:57 PM   #129
Krayzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
If and when you want to do some of the sides in San fran look me up...I still haven't done none of the sides and holding off do the final Defiance Mission for now.
I actually already did all the side missions up to Defiance. I have yet to finish that quest as I just started trying the co-op missions. The game is pretty damn buggy for co-op. It spawned me into a game for 101 and the interface acted like I wasn't apart of the group. Now whenever I try to go find a 101 match it just spawns me at the boss room with the boss already dead and the rest of the group doing a different objective at the beginning. I am going to try logging out and logging back in.

Edit: logging out and logging back in fixed it...Nevermind I still don't see anyone in my group but it's spawning me at the beginning now.. wtf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edstein View Post
Do you have to level up one or all weapons to beat the game?
No. It's for people like me who feel the need to max out everything even if it's mostly useless. There is an achievement for maxing out a weapon but it's going to take forever as I have been using mostly lmg's throughout the whole game and it's only level 7...
Old 06-10-13, 01:08 AM   #130
edstein
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm done with this game as soon as I complete the campaign.
Old 06-10-13, 09:25 AM   #131
Krayzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edstein View Post
I'm done with this game as soon as I complete the campaign.
Yeah, there really isn't an end game. Hell the main bosses in the co-op missions don't even give you loot since the mission ends as soon as you kill them.
Old 06-10-13, 10:34 AM   #132
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Played a lot last night doing the contracts but by far it was the fewest players I've seen. I jumped in about three Ark Falls and one Plague Siege.

The was one minor Ark Falls I did alone and at least three others that didn't have more than 4-5. Two of the major Ark Falls I did didn't have more than 20 people. And the one Plague Siege I did over in San Fran just surprised me....just 5 of us!! Just this time last week you couldn't hardly get a shot off quick enough due to how many players were in the mix. This was about 9:30-11:30 central last night.

On a side note I did find a new favorite gun...Sawed-Off VBI Courier. Basically a Double Barrel Grenade Launcher that's better than Detonators with surprising results...plus the slugs are "sticky" with great range.

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 06-10-13, 11:29 PM   #133
Krayzie

Do you have issues with co-op maps? I joined one again today and we cleared our way to a room and nothing happened. We were stuck in an empty room and couldn't get the doors to open...
Old 06-11-13, 02:39 PM   #134
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Do you have issues with co-op maps? I joined one again today and we cleared our way to a room and nothing happened. We were stuck in an empty room and couldn't get the doors to open...
That has happened a few times...where you spawned in the map and nothing was there. From what I found it, sometimes something weird like this happens when some leave the group right when it starts and others jump in about the same time.

I did one last week where three of us were on the other side of a door and one was on the other side and we couldn't open the door. When you get into one like that it's best to leave and re-try joining.

Old 06-13-13, 07:47 AM   #135
Krayzie

I tried to login for about 25 minutes last night ast around 11PM EST. I have concluded that we are all beta testers!
Old 06-13-13, 02:03 PM   #136
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
I tried to login for about 25 minutes last night ast around 11PM EST. I have concluded that we are all beta testers!

I kept trying on 7 off for over an hour and about the time I was about to give it I got on but it was late. I did see you in the menus and figured you were trying to get on. In all...I must have tried close to 20 times. I saw over at the official Defiance forums several posted they were getting the same message.

I was able to do three contracts and get in six Ark Falls and one Siege. The loot from the Ark Falls was the pits...out of 12 items...got one Purple, one Blue and ten Green. I'll shoot again tonight if it's not another hour trying to get on.

Old 07-20-13, 06:42 PM   #137
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

Down to $19.99 for 360 or PS3 on Amazon
Old 07-20-13, 08:29 PM   #138
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's a good deal....it still has bugs and issues here and there but no-where near when it came out. For $20.00...excellent

Old 07-29-13, 10:29 PM   #139
Barth
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got this used for 12+ at gamestop thanks to the price drop and the new 25 percent off coupon. I have to clean off a bunch of space on my hd since it requires 10 gig. I hope it's worth it. Been excited about playing it reading this thread. Are most of the kinks worked out with the servers (patches, etc.)?
Old 07-30-13, 03:20 AM   #140
MoviePage
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Be prepared for a very long download of several patches when you first start it up.
Old 07-30-13, 05:36 PM   #141
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yea...there are still patches but that beats them not doing anything. Shame you missed the Special XP & Skills Weekend....that they gave a 25% boost in both areas. There was a lot of people on taking advantage of that.

Old 07-31-13, 11:53 PM   #142
Axeramm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

PC version was at my Wal-Mart for 9.96 so decided to pick it up and give it a look.
Old 08-01-13, 01:32 AM   #143
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Down to $19.99 for 360 or PS3 on Amazon
The digital PS3 version has dropped to $9.99 in the PSN Store. At that price, I'm tempted to pick it up.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 08-01-13, 07:47 AM   #144
Krayzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
The digital PS3 version has dropped to $9.99 in the PSN Store. At that price, I'm tempted to pick it up.
The game is worth trying for $10. Even if you only play 2 hours it's still not a bad investment! It was an interesting idea but it just doesn't really have any equipment to farm for.
Old 08-01-13, 08:49 AM   #145
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Pick it up. That way, it's free for the rest of us in a couple months on PS+
Old 08-01-13, 09:16 PM   #146
Barth
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePage View Post
Be prepared for a very long download of several patches when you first start it up.
Yep took me about 30 minutes to finally be able to play the game, but played for about an hour today and really enjoyed it. Have a lot of the gameplay down but a little overwhelmed with the leveling, currency, etc.
Saw a lot of different players on but I guess it's mostly a non-social game, maybe they were playing the story line?
Old 08-01-13, 10:36 PM   #147
MoviePage
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

30 minutes isn't bad. The first time I went to play the game, it was well over 2 hours between starting it up and actually playing, which obviously dampened the experience. But then, my internet speed is atrocious.
Old 08-02-13, 08:07 AM   #148
Krayzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barth View Post
Yep took me about 30 minutes to finally be able to play the game, but played for about an hour today and really enjoyed it. Have a lot of the gameplay down but a little overwhelmed with the leveling, currency, etc.
Saw a lot of different players on but I guess it's mostly a non-social game, maybe they were playing the story line?
The majority of people in this game don't talk. There is actually no reason to talk as non of the encounters require any strategy. You don't really have to worry about the currency / leveling. Every once in awhile just go into the skills and use your points. The only thing I ever bought in this game were the random loot chest things.
Old 08-02-13, 06:49 PM   #149
Barth
DVD Talk Special Edition

About 2 hours in now. Really enjoying it. I've just been doing main missions and some sides. Really want to try an Arkfalls. I tried to speed to a couple once I got the 4 wheeler but they seemed to close before I got there. I imagine it won't be that hard once I open up a few more fast travel locations? Right now I just have the first camp and one other, all at the north end of the map.
Old 08-02-13, 08:20 PM   #150
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For those who just got the game I'll put these two links up to really help you out and get most of the basics down though you'll still have questions....

http://www.ign.com/wikis/defiance

http://www.defiancedata.com/

Defiance Data is one of the best out there. For one when you do daily and weekly contracts it will post what they are and the best places to go to get them done.

As to advice.....

* Hit Ark Falls any chance you get. The "Red Crystals" you shoot as much as posible for high damge numbers and leave the "Small Bugs Alone!!"...they create the glowing holes. "Blue Crytals"...shoot everything period!!

*Do your main and side missions as they'll not only add XP but pay close attention to your "Goals". Finish them and you get rewards, stuff, XP and boosts your ego. When you level up you get points for "Perks" which do come in handy. There are about 6-8 Perks that are a must to have.

* Know your Synergy's...some are better than others in terms of damage, bonus, shiled, life, grenade regen, etc...Some will also have four slots on a wepon and some only one or two.

* Know your weapons, colors and types of damage. The best gun overall in the game ios a LMG SAW in terms of power, distance and damage folowed closely by the Assault Rifle. Shotguns come in many flavors; I like the Auto ones as the Pump as to be reloaded individual shells. Do not underestimate the Sawed Off Courier which has become a favorite not the Infectors. Some don't like them but they come in many flavors so pay attention to what damage they do; especially to Hellbugs themselves. Same with BMG's which you want in one or two rotations. They are a must at Ark Falls and healing yourself in touchy situations.

* Manage your loadouts with matching Synergy's, good weapon combos and correct Perks
This takes some work and patience...trying to match up matching Synergy's with a decent comb with Perks that will fit. Whatever you do....make sure the two weapons you have in a loadout have matching Synergy.

* Do a lot of the "Spontaneous" side and on-the-road missions you come across. Most of the time others will be there or join but it's XP, gains weapon experience and usually not that bad.

* Concentrate at first on just a few weapon types and get them leveled up. Don't try to do all the weapons and level them, Sort of stagger them a bit.

* Grab about anything that is dropped and break it down to salvage. Here's the way to look at it...One "Key" is 1000 salvage....it takes "24" for a Tier 3 Box. White items gets you 250, Green items gets you 500, Blue items gets you 750 and Purple gets you 1000 salvage. Between buying keys and getting them from Ark Falls you can get several chances at the Locked Boxes which can get you better weapons, grenades and shields. If you get crappy stuff just break them down. You want to max your salvage any chance you can.

Sponsored Links