Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Defiance

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-13, 04:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 406 Likes on 306 Posts
Re: Defiance

So I played for an hour. Seems cool. Had one guy run past me and tell me to get the hell out of his way

It is a bit confusing.
Old 05-24-13, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to update to tonight and got the critical error. Their recommendation is to uninstall and then do a fresh install. That is not going to happen. If this download fails again I'm just taking this game back to GameStop.
Old 05-25-13, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I got the critical error yesterday. It ended up patching okay when I tried again so hopefully it works out. There was yet another patch when I logged in today. This is crazy.
Old 05-25-13, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I played more today and saw like 8 Ark events or whatever. Are they always this common? I see items drop, and then they are gone. Is it a free for all when items drop or are they auto assigned or what?
Old 05-25-13, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I played more today and saw like 8 Ark events or whatever. Are they always this common? I see items drop, and then they are gone. Is it a free for all when items drop or are they auto assigned or what?
On items that are dropped...everyone sees something different. It's not like there are actually two or three items up for grabs among 20-30 people. I leave White alone an dgrab Green and up when I can. With the green stuff I usually break that down right away because it gives you 500 Ark Salvage. Which in turn can be used to buy "Keys" at 1000 per. So the more you pick up and break down the more salvage and the more keys to buy and open up boxes. It's also used to buy Mod Slots for weapons.
Old 05-25-13, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Played alot last night...just have two more missions before crossing Golden Gate Bridge. Glad they finally got the "Hot Shot Dam Defense" mission fixed because that has kept everyone from getting the complete on Marin. It's prety simple and actually fun.

Played with friends last night who know a lot about the game and overall feeling is the new patch did good stuff. The biggest notice is Loot Drops after doing a final Ark Falls. Everyone said they normally would get Grenades and/or Shields only. Not anymore...It's been weapons and sometimes some pretty good stuff to Purple. We started seeing more different Synergy types as well....I got a Cannoneer and Run-&-Gun which I've never seen before. I also found some Synergy Sawbone weapons at a vendor and no-one had ever seen those before.

On a side note...a word of advice if you didn't know. Last night whle playing, two of us got a red message about ""Inventory Full..item saved to Claims" or something like that. So anytime you complete a task, mission, Ark Falls and your inventory is full it will save the item there. In the past there really wasn't a big noticable warning about this but there is now.

Go to Map > hit the Left trigger to bring up the Circle > move arrow to bottom "Store".
In the menu, you'll see a column on the left with four or five large buttons to buy stuff.
Under the last button is a small one called "Claims"...hit it.
in the main widow will be a list of items that was saved but there wasn't any room in your inventory. these are only items that were awarded for ompleting a task or mission...not items bought or picked up can be added to this.
I found (63) items in my Claims...some going back to Level 110....Mods, Perks, Shields, Guns, Grenades, Extra Inventory Slots and a 4-Wheeler. Some could have come from the codes that I entered when starting the game?

So if you complete a task, mission or Ark Falls with a Full Inventory, don't worry about not getting something, a reward or stopping to clear a few items because that's where it will be. We do not know if there is a limit to amount of items it can hold.
Old 05-25-13, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my second try last night I was able to get the new patch installed. This constant patching is really annoying. These games shoudn't need to be continually tweeked like this.

The Ark Falls seem really pointless to me. Shooting at the crystal is boring as hell.
Old 05-25-13, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ok, so when can you mod stuff, and how? I have 92 Ego right now I think.

Also, what were those codes for? I must have entered like 60 codes and I didn't get anything from them. Am I missing something?
Old 05-26-13, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You have to claim the items you get from the codes in the in-game store.
Old 05-26-13, 01:59 AM

I am beginning to hate the Ark events. A third of the events I attempt are bugged and one of the things never spawns...
Old 05-27-13, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I had a bugged ark event today. People were standing around killing bugs.
Old 05-27-13, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

yea...they do pop up but today i went to Ark Falls that was "bugged" and it was the same place I did a few night ago. Just got the Red Cirlce but no crystal or large bugs.

I played with some friends las night on GHOW and one just started and asked why all the patches? I told him a lot that is patched is stuff found by players and considering the sheer size and game play it's actually a good thing. Some of the friends I play with played day one and they said the game has gotten better with each patch and is way better than the first day.

I still see some weird stuff but the good & fun of the game outweighs the bad by a long shot.
Old 05-28-13, 10:15 PM

I am at 414 ego and I was able to salvage mods. I ended up buying all of the ones in the buy back menu and blowing them up.
Old 06-06-13, 12:23 PM

I drove into a siege the other day. I came in at the end of it so I can't really tell if it's any better than those ark falls events. The servers however were terrible. It took a dozen attempts just to login as it kept timing out. I also got booted 3 times during my ~1 hour playtime.
Old 06-06-13, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What time at night did this happen? I've been getting "booted" late at nite...about 11:30-12. I found that when I get booted I return to Xbox Live, then restart the game and that gets me on another server.

Yea the Siege can bea bit hectic since it's said they happen once an hour and they happen at four locations. I need only only one but still need several kills in San Fran area around Chinatown. At least it's a challenge...tking down the infected can be tough. I tend to use a Detenator/Lobber with Fire. That way you're tagging several and getting som credit.
Old 06-07-13, 06:51 AM

It was at around 10:30PM. I initially thought the servers were down but I couldn't find any info confirming that online so I just kept trying to login.
Old 06-07-13, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got into two "Siege's" last night...allowing me to finish up the entire Plague Pursuit. One there were way to many people and it was at a point of frame freezing and delay on loading & shooting weapons. The other was over in San Fran around Chinatown and with far less players went smoother. I'm just glad I'm done with them because of the frame freeze & jumping due to the amount of players playing; sometimes twice the amount you would see at Ark Falls.

have you done anything in San Fran area...main or side missions? A friend and others in the clan use a certain spot over there to level up weapons when need to...like some that take a long time like sawed-off shotguns, pistols, rocket launchers and snipers. When you get the last main mission...Defiance...you go to the first waypoint...Delores and stop there. do not continue to the next way point. You can pretty much just keep playing the area until whenever. Just quit the mission and when you want to go back restart and head to the same waypoint and start playing again.
Old 06-07-13, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Got into two "Siege's" last night...allowing me to finish up the entire Plague Pursuit. One there were way to many people and it was at a point of frame freezing and delay on loading & shooting weapons. The other was over in San Fran around Chinatown and with far less players went smoother. I'm just glad I'm done with them because of the frame freeze & jumping due to the amount of players playing; sometimes twice the amount you would see at Ark Falls.

have you done anything in San Fran area...main or side missions? A friend and others in the clan use a certain spot over there to level up weapons when need to...like some that take a long time like sawed-off shotguns, pistols, rocket launchers and snipers. When you get the last main mission...Defiance...you go to the first waypoint...Delores and stop there. do not continue to the next way point. You can pretty much just keep playing the area until whenever. Just quit the mission and when you want to go back restart and head to the same waypoint and start playing again.
Yeah, I started doing San Fran missions already. So the mission is actually called defiance? I'll look out for it and make sure I power level my weapons before I proceed. Thanks!
Old 06-07-13, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't done none of the sides..just the main ones up to Defiance. There are some tough ones with Dark Matter and thankfully I had some help. When you start doing them I can join in and give you a hand. We did find out that some side missions you need to finish thepursuit won't open up till you finish the final ain mission....Defiance...which does't make sense.
Old 06-07-13, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I sent this back to Gamefly. I just got tired of doing the same thing over and over again.

It was fun for a while. Glad I just rented it.
Old 06-07-13, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I sent this back to Gamefly. I just got tired of doing the same thing over and over again.

It was fun for a while. Glad I just rented it.
my goal is to finish all the side missions and main missions before I quit playing. I might try for all the achievements if they're not a pain in the ass...
Old 06-08-13, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Ok, so I am trying to go to San Fran but there is this HUGE mech guarding the bridge who slaughters you if you come within several hundred yards of it. And nothing I do hurts it. What the hell do you do to get past it?
Old 06-08-13, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Ok, so I am trying to go to San Fran but there is this HUGE mech guarding the bridge who slaughters you if you come within several hundred yards of it. And nothing I do hurts it. What the hell do you do to get past it?

Where in the game are you 'Main Mission' wise?...Sausalito?

If you're completing each section of the map in order.....Sausalito is the last on the main side before going to San Fran. If you're doing the main missions or in order as they appear the final mission is ....Cross the Golden Gate bridge but before it you have to take on the gaint Monolith on the bridge which is not as bad as you think...

In order to do it right you must complete the final mission...Into The Heart of Darkness...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X7alAvpqsyI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-08-13, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Ok, I haven't really been doing much of the story missions so I am probably trying to go to San Fran before I am "supposed to" I guess.
Old 06-08-13, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but this is a 25% extra XP weekend. Runs through 12:00 PT Monday.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.