Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Defiance

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-13, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Defiance

Well congrads on completing it...was that main and side missions? And what about all the other stuff...contracts, daily, weekly, co-op, Ark Falls, episodes, time trials, hot shots,...?

Just to let you know we have some in the mid 1000's and even one around 2100 and they're finding stuff to do everyday. There are parts and places of the game that even he said he's finding out he didn't know. by the way he asked to see my Orange Assault Rifle and said it was one of the best ones he's seen. He offered 80,000 script for it.
Old 05-08-13, 11:31 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Well congrads on completing it...was that main and side missions? And what about all the other stuff...contracts, daily, weekly, co-op, Ark Falls, episodes, time trials, hot shots,...?

Just to let you know we have some in the mid 1000's and even one around 2100 and they're finding stuff to do everyday. There are parts and places of the game that even he said he's finding out he didn't know. by the way he asked to see my Orange Assault Rifle and said it was one of the best ones he's seen. He offered 80,000 script for it.
just the main missions...the side missions do tend to get a little repetitive...but I will probably go back and finish them.

Don't get rid of that assault riffle for 80,000 scrip. I was offered 200,000 for my sniper. People on the defiance forum are being stupid with what they are willing to pay. You are better off trading it for another legendary you are looking for.
Old 05-08-13, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nope...it's not going no-where. The odds of getting another orange is slim and even if so it'll probably be something else. I still need to look at the stats on it and post them. By the way there is another patch out today.
Old 05-12-13, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
I want this game very badly. Hoping it'll be on sale somewhere soon.
Finally got it today! Caught it in Like New condition via Amazon Warehouse Deals for $37.

I've only played for about an hour so far but I can tell it will really be something to sink a lot of time into. To me, the game feels more like the first Mass Effect than anything else. I'm still confused about a lot of things, though. The tutorial only covers the barest of basics.

Also, I was surprised at how long it took for the mandatory install plus downloading all patches. Nearly 90 minutes passed from the time I started it up until I could actually play the game. Reminded me of PS3 updates/patches, and I'm on 360.

Also, the game plus patches takes up 11 GB of HD space, so that's something to keep in mind for those who are considering it.
Old 05-12-13, 01:02 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Finally got it today! Caught it in Like New condition via Amazon Warehouse Deals for $37.

I've only played for about an hour so far but I can tell it will really be something to sink a lot of time into. To me, the game feels more like the first Mass Effect than anything else. I'm still confused about a lot of things, though. The tutorial only covers the barest of basics.

Also, I was surprised at how long it took for the mandatory install plus downloading all patches. Nearly 90 minutes passed from the time I started it up until I could actually play the game. Reminded me of PS3 updates/patches, and I'm on 360.

Also, the game plus patches takes up 11 GB of HD space, so that's something to keep in mind for those who are considering it.
The game does not do a good job explaining some things...but over time you will figure it out. What power did you pick?
Old 05-12-13, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Extra damage, though I assumed I'd be able to unlock more later.
Old 05-12-13, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The "Overcharge' is the way to go at first and most use it in main, secondary and Ark Fall missions...and it does work and come in handy in various situations. play close attention to your "Perks" when they become available and more slots open up. And yes you can later on switch to any of the four EGO Powers....just not like one day do this and and next day do another one.

No...the tutorial is not really that good and best to try several sites for better information. here are some below I've tagged and keep on hand.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/defiance?objectid=110771

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO74ITJ2af8

http://www.defianceguide.com/about-defiance/

http://community.defiance.com/en/201...eapon-synergy/

http://guidescroll.com/2013/04/defiance-synergy-list/

https://www.defiance.com/en/game/
Note: be sure to Register and Link your console. There are (120) codes to enter and are listed on some sites that will help boost you early on. They are are here....

http://www.ign.com/wikis/defiance/Ar...bjectid=110771

...and if they show up as "Already Used" just back out to the previous sceen and re-enter the number. Sometimes it has to be refreshed for the code to be taken.
Old 05-12-13, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh and another thing for those who want to do something as a "group"...missions , bug hunts or co-op check the "boost" area in the menu. Granted this is "Free To Play" in the Boost Area you can actually buy credits and apply to a certain area as an individual, group or clan. Be it XP, Skills, Loot, Script, inventory Slots, etc.... It's more like MS Live Points converted to "Defiance Bits".

When in a group everyone stands a better chance on reaping rewards based on what was bought. In a group one member can buy say "XP" boost, while another gets "Skills Boost" and two can buy "Loot" boost". So everyone in the group gets boosts in three areas. Last week some of us in a clan got a 20% Skill Boost by having skill boosting in the Clan and group at the same time. I maxed out a BMG in about slightly over an hour doing one area taking down a big boss five different times. Just keep that in mind later on. The co-op stuff doesn't open up till maybe #150 now...it was 250 but I think they lowered it.
Old 05-12-13, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

There is plenty of stuff I don't understand, but damn am I having a blast with this game.
Old 05-13-13, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Glad to hear you're having fun with it. Just don't get too upset when you go to a Ark Falls, see about 100 people and start seeing major slowdown and almost too much going on to tell what's happening. That area is still a problem and major beef with some just starting aand those that's been playing for awhile.

I'm adding another site that you should play attention to that involves Contracts. I ignored these greatly when I started out and I wish I didn't. So for those still early in the game doing these can reap awards later on. I'm playing catchup.

http://www.etaew.net/defiance/contracts_about.php

...and for the special Loot Weekend....I ended up getting...
(1) Orange Bio-Hazard Grenade
(1) Orange Assault Rifle
(1) Purple BMG
(1) Purple Rocket Launcher
(3) Blue Infectors...all different Synergys'
...and some Blue Shotguns and Assualt Rifles to cover various Synergy.
Old 05-13-13, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

I'm picking this up today. Is it worth it to get it used or are there codes for online or whatnot that you'd want in a new version?

I'd be getting the Xbox version.
Old 05-13-13, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I'm picking this up today. Is it worth it to get it used or are there codes for online or whatnot that you'd want in a new version?

In the post i did above with several links...go to the offical Defiance one, register and link your console.

Then do the one with the codes with IGN that has a link with the codes. In fact you can do a search for "Defiance Codes" and a few sites will pop up.

As to used or new...I still haven't input the code that came with the game but I'm not sure if there is other codes or DLC between the two that's needed.

And if you stay with the game feel free to add me to your friends list...be cool if a few of us here can do some contracts and co-op stuff later on. that's the real gem in the game...above EGO 250 anyone can play with anyone no matter the EGO rating.
Old 05-13-13, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Regarding the various ratings for weapons, what is bloom?
Old 05-13-13, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got it used, there's a code on the back of the manual (which had already been redeemed in my case) but it just adds some starter equipment from what I've read. Entering the Ark codes as mentioned above will get you much better bonuses, and you don't need a new copy for that.
Old 05-13-13, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's only a $5 difference from new and used so I guess I'll just grab new.
Old 05-13-13, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Regarding the various ratings for weapons, what is bloom?
Bloom can be best described as..."Area of Effect". In other words a "LMG Saw" will have a higher Bloom than a Sniper. Some might say it's recoil but that's not the case. Here is a good simple explained video that shows guns in action and gives you an idea.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BlRBI_N955Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-14-13, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Do you just find random people or do you hear a bunch of people talking through their mics like in Call of Duty?
Old 05-14-13, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Do you just find random people or do you hear a bunch of people talking through their mics like in Call of Duty?
I get a few here & there talking and sorry to say it's the usual cussing or just mouthing off. Some will say hi but it's not like everyone you see just starts talking. Best thing to do is on the D-pad hit the Right Arrow which brings up the menu and just arrow to "Nearby". There is also "chat" though I seldom use it.

On the "random players"...you'll find them everywhere. Sometimes on the side of the road when something pops up or even in a mission which helps you and them getting the credit. For me it's hard to explain but most everyone can be on the same page of knowing what needs to be done without actually speaking. You'll get an objective and they get the same one as well. Bottomline when you see "Red Dots" they see the same red dots and it's basically kill and destroy.
Old 05-14-13, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well do you choose to hear them like if they're grouped with you? Or is it all of a sudden a barrage of people cussing and listening to hip hop?
Old 05-14-13, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's not barrage but usually one or two and that just happens around Ark Fall events. By most accounts it's pretty quite for as many in the game. For those "Loud Mouths"....I just take my headphones off. It's by no means like COD or some games where it's four or five all yapping at once and calling each other names. ometimes i can hear just one person and it appears they cannot hear me. It's different when in a group but anytime some of us get ogether like last night we alwys do LIVE Party.

Don't forget latest Contracts...Daily and Weekly long with the Episode Mission...

http://www.etaew.net/defiance/current.php
Old 05-14-13, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The game has multiple options to customize who you hear and who you don't.
Old 05-14-13, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Borrowed a 360 copy from the library. Will try it out tonight.

edit: bah this is reminding me of DC Universe online with the damn in game patching...

Last edited by Krayzie; 05-14-13 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-17-13, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

http://kotaku.com/big-layoffs-hit-th...rift-508295988
Hopefully it's not too bad.
Old 05-18-13, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I read the full article ovr at IGN and I doubt the rumored "80%" figure is even close. Besides San Diego office they have three more. Then you look at how Defiance has grown, the TV series has been signed for a second season, new DLC coming and of course a steady flow of patches. Also Trion has other projects in for development. It's really not uncommon to hear about layoffs after a gme has been released. Takes a lot of people to make a game but not many to keep supporting it.

How is the game play so far for everyone? I'm now at 1200 but this whole week I spent all my time on daily and weekly contracts including co-op along with Episode ones. And just two tips that one of the clan members passed along....

Beware any MP....apparently some or several(?) have found a way "not to die" when shot. Someone even posted a YouTube video of gameplay showing someone just getting hammered and didn't effect them at all...and on a console. So the MP cheaters like so many other games out there have found their way into Defiance.

To get "5 Keys" everytime in Ark Falls events...use a BMG at both Damage and Heal
Old 05-18-13, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This game is intriguing me a little bit. Is there a place that streams the show? Being able to see the show might hook me into buying the game.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.