Defiance

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-13, 11:22 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Defiance

Got my first legendary!!!

It was a sniper

Actually it is cool in the right situation. If anyone on this forum that has been a member for a while wants to borrow it for a few seconds and give back just to get that achievement let me know. It requires at least 450 Ego to use.
Old 05-02-13, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

How and where did you land that? I haven't come close except a bunch of Purple and most of it shields. Dammit I'm jealous...

I may have a Level 224 Purple BMG to give up...I've maxed it out and I'm at 708 now. I've been looking for another one but still working on other weapons.
Old 05-02-13, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 404 Likes on 304 Posts

Ok can you play this solo? Is it worth it?
Old 05-02-13, 10:16 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by K&AJones
How and where did you land that? I haven't come close except a bunch of Purple and most of it shields. Dammit I'm jealous...

only way to get legendary weapons is in the boxes...I got this one in a tier 3 box....
Old 05-02-13, 10:19 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Ok can you play this solo? Is it worth it?
I have only played it solo...and it is absolutely worth it. (I take that back, there are coop missions that you can play any time you want by bringing up the menu and picking a map...it then connects you automatically with 3 other players to do the 10-20 minute mission...)

The world is vibrant, with people all around you playing, but your missions are you own, but if you happen to cross paths with someone else doing the mission, you will work together.

The game is rough around the edges, and does not explain that much to you out of the gate, but once it gets the hooks in you...you can't stop playing. It has that big open world that just begs to be explored...cool loot...fun skill trees. It really is one of the best games I played this year.
Old 05-03-13, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

yep...there's solo, there's co-op, then the All-in Shootem ups at Ark Falls and my favorites of just random stuff going on the side of roads where sometimes other players are involved and you just jump in and help.

To get a better sense you may search for "Defiance Goals". The load out of pursuits and goals is quite extensive not to mention the additional "contracts and episode" missions. Another thing that you see up there is "Season 1' which means no telling what's coming later. When you pull up the overall map there is a lot blocked out which means those areas could be the next DLC.

Yea...when i do the "Boxes' i only open Tier 3 and never Tier 4. i've got some decent stuff like a Purple Rocket Launcher, BMG, Shotguns and Pistols but never a Orange. I am getting tied of landing nothing but shields at every Ark Fall event. i've had to unload I don't know how many blue & purple shields.

And if anyone playing this on the 360 needs or wants to do the co-op missions look me up...Nite Rider
Old 05-03-13, 09:03 AM
gamer for life

I never sale my guns/shields/loot that I get....you get very little salvage and I find myself salvage heavy. I always break them down for ark scrap. I quickly found myself with 70,000 ark scrap, which I used to buy 70 keycodes. It is the quickest way to get loot boxes. I only bought one tier 4 box ever, it just seems a waste of keys. Someone made up a chart showing the chances to get a legendary weapon from a box.

Old 05-04-13, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

After last night of opening five boxes at Tier 3 I have to disagree with those stats...I ended up with two Purple and the rest was split between Blue & green. I only kept three items and broke down the rest. I'm tierd of looking for Orang and will just concentrate on leveling what I have. I'm at 797 and still using a Purple #388 Bug Gun. I've opened close to 30 boxes and had better stuff when I was between 250-500 than what I'm getting now.
Old 05-04-13, 10:54 AM
gamer for life

I made it to San Fran last night finally...talk about a difficulty spike...
Old 05-04-13, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Haven't evn made to the southern part yet. Still doing Marin missions. the last two days i've spent doing some sides and mainly that Hellbug Hunt getting the elemental Monarchs and collecting samples. Alone it's a pain but today the "group" got together and we knocked out a bunch. In fact tody was the best day overall...

Finished all the Hellbug Thin The Heard and Svushinnira missions
Got my first Gold doing one of the weekend Dodge Car races
Went from 797 to 898
Gave up my maxed out 224 Purple BMG to a friend in the group who didn't have much nd still at the beginning and got a Purple 875 BMG out of the box.
AND...got my first orange ...875 Assault rifle
Old 05-04-13, 09:22 PM
gamer for life

AND...got my first orange ...875 Assault rifle
sweet..what is the stats on it?

What shield do you use by the way? I only use respark shields...the fast recharge rate of 3 seconds or less before it kicks in and the bit over 2 seconds it takes to fully recharge fits the way I play. I have been changing out between different ones with different elemental resistance, but I got a purple one today that only has a 2.8 second delay, resistance to life leech (something bad in san fran) and has 50% bonus health regeneration. It is a beast shield.

San Fransisco is amazing. Love the art design, and the higher difficulty is a plus.
Old 05-05-13, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

for those who have doubts about the game....

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-hellbugs.aspx

One Million Defiance Players Equals A Lot Of Squished Hellbugs

Defiance has been out for just over a month, and already the MMO open-world shooter has racked up some impressive user numbers. Trion Worlds is touting the success of the game side of the trans-media initiative. Over 1 million players have created accounts, taking to the San Francisco Bay Area to hunt mutants, raiders, and more.....

You've probably seen or heard us joking about Defiance's creepy, crawly monsters, the Hellbugs. Over 500 million of them have been shot, punted, and disintegrated. This is probably helped by the fact that the starting region's arkfalls (large and random community events) are focused on the burrowing buggers.

Speaking of the debris showers, over 1 million have been completed. These net players useful resources (one of the game's currencies) for buying loot chests. They are also the key to winning an appearance on the Defiance SyFy Channel show, which we mentioned earlier this week.

Finally, with driving such an important part of the experience, Trion has shared that 50 million miles have been traversed all across the Bay Area. The show has already been renewed for a second season, and we're eager to see what DLC Trion has cooked up for the game.
Old 05-05-13, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Didn't really have time to check the specs...and there's a bunch listed. I've been needing a good assault rifle and getting a Orange in my EGO range (898) helped big time. I also gave away to a friend in our group my Purple 224 BMG that was maxed out and in the very same chest landed that BMG.

Yea...I like the Regen shields. I try to find and use those with a good balance of 3-6 Delay while with a 40% recharge. It helps also if they have something else like 5% less damage while recharge or cooldow or something added. I've got to go in and spend time with my load outs. Several in the group have theirs set based on situation and enemies. On the shileds you probably stand the best chance of landing lots of them at Ark Falls events. That's about all I get along with grenades. In fact I get so many I end up breaking them down...green, blue & purple ones.
Old 05-05-13, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

I wonder what the numbers breakdown by system is. I am thinking of getting this for pc but I'm worried most people will be playing on consoles.
Old 05-05-13, 04:19 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I wonder what the numbers breakdown by system is. I am thinking of getting this for pc but I'm worried most people will be playing on consoles.
going off vgchartz, 300,000 are on the 360...100,000 on the ps3. They don't have true pc sales, because they don't have digital numbers (and many pc games do better digitally) but that tells me at least half a million are playing on pc.
Old 05-05-13, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be nice to some day to play these games cross platform.
Old 05-06-13, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Cannot say much on the cross platform but all i know is no matter what time of day there are loads of people playing. i've played at 7:30 on Saturday mornings and it's about as much as 8PM on a Friday night. And the random acts of joint playing continue...

Saturday and Sunday I spent most of the time playing main missions along with a few time races and Hot Shots. At least four of the main missions were done the same time as another person doing theirs and the extra help did us botha favor. The random part of others joining in be it something happening on the road, Ark Falls or missions is the highlight of the game. This is the very part that if Borderlands had it would've made it about perfect. I also think more are discounting the "professional" reviewS and listening more to those who are actually playing the game.
Old 05-06-13, 02:56 PM
gamer for life

I also think more are discounting the "professional" reviewS and listening more to those who are actually playing the game.
the problem with early reviews is it had to be played before the patches, and I heard the game was a mess before the patches...and also, there could not have been that many people playing since it was only people doing the reviews...or they only played the game a few hours before doing the review. That would be like playing fallout 3 for 6 hours and then doing a review.
Old 05-06-13, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea...I'm seeing a lot who are asking about the game and one of the first things they mention is, "well...the reviews aren't good at all so I may wait and not bother". Of course the reviews are like dated the week of release when it was full of bugs...and not the ones you shoot either. Shame one or two couldn't do a "Updated Review" because I'm sure the game would get at least (2+) points.

Oh...don't forget the show episode missions...like I've done. i forgot about the first two but got the third one.
Old 05-06-13, 05:53 PM
gamer for life

Oh...don't forget the show episode missions...like I've done. i forgot about the first two but got the third one.
how do you find those?
Old 05-06-13, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want this game very badly. Hoping it'll be on sale somewhere soon.
Old 05-06-13, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 404 Likes on 304 Posts

It was on sale last week wasn't it?
Old 05-07-13, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by foxdvd
how do you find those?

Go to your map...then hit LT....when the "Circle" pops up go to "Goals" and hit (A).

You'll see two lines in the column...Season One and Episodes....highlight Episodes and hit (A).

You should see now four lines representing each week. You cannot go back and try and do past ones....only can do the current. It follows the show somewhat and you interact with the two main characters or sometimes others.

Like I said...there is so much to do in this game it's unreal sometimes. The main and side missions alone would be enough but throw in the weekly episodes, the contracts, the random stuff that you see driving around, Ark Falls and of course co-op which I need to do more of. And to think the show is already signed up for another season...makes you wonder what DLC is coming next.
Old 05-07-13, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Do you have to have Gold to play this with Xbox? I'd rather buy it where there's more population but don't want to pay for Gold.

Nevermind, just googled it. Sigh...
Old 05-07-13, 09:33 PM
gamer for life

finished the main story line....

I am not sure how much more time I will spend with it...but I will definitely look into the first dlc and see what it adds. This is the most underrated (by review sites) game since Alpha Protocol. I actually had more fun with it than Tomb Raider, though Bioshock easily remains my game of the year so far.

The game is doing good business, but I can't help but feel they rushed it a bit to get it out before the tv show it. With a bit more polish, better tutorial and more exposure this easily could have turned into the next Borderlands. Those that stick through the first 4 or so hours of confusion will be rewarded with a fun time sink.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.