Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-14, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 449 Likes on 315 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

Couple hilarious twitter accounts that make fun of Destiny. They made me lol.

https://twitter.com/legendaryengram

https://twitter.com/TheCryptarch

"If you’re having loot problems, I feel bad for you, son. You got 99 engrams and an exotic ain’t one."
Old 09-22-14, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

They are not making fun of Destiny, that are adding to it via Social Media...
Old 09-22-14, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
So are you guys still using the PSN ID thread, or is there somewhere else to add people? (last update is from December I think).
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-...s-destiny.html
Originally Posted by flashburn
Yep, this is how we roll...
Spoiler:
LOL .... I always shoot
Old 09-22-14, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Update 1.0.1.4 - Patch Notes

Summary:
The latest patch for Destiny reduces the difficulty of a number of activities, as well as fixes issues when completing the Vault of Glass.

Activities

Missions
Shrine of Oryx: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
Sword of Crota: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
Exclusion Zone: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers

Raids
Dropping the relic at the end of the raid will no longer result in a team wipe. This will prevent players being stuck at a black screen after the raid.
You will remain dead if you were dead when the mission ended. That will be addressed by a future patch.
Old 09-22-14, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

"Oh, and we patched the cave."

Old 09-22-14, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Is there any way to force a strike mission to be done solo? I thought I would try the "finish a strike without anyone dying" achievement. Now that I'm a level 20, and only a few friends are actually playing this or already have the achievement thought I might give the earth strike a go on my own. I am going to try and pick up one last achievement before I trade this in.
Old 09-22-14, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flashburn
You mention needing "loot mules", but I'm thinking you have hoarding issues.
That will be addressed with the Destiny: Allan Smithee expansion pack.
Old 09-22-14, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,193 Likes on 919 Posts

Old 09-22-14, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Me007gold
That will take me hours. I usually end up with under a .50 k/d ratio. I am terrible at pvp
We should play.
Old 09-22-14, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah I suck too ... was in first place on my team in Control late into the game and I get booted
Old 09-23-14, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Maybe it was perfect timing or good luck but I did a couple of simply Moon Random Missions...mainly to check the controller I had to fix...and opened one chest and got (2) Blue Engrams, Extra Ammo Clip and Helium. Another chest gave me a Green, Rare Coin and Helium. Then picked up two more Blue Engrams and a Blue Item from enemy drops...all in about 15-20 minutes. To me it seems the chests on the Moon re-spawn quicker than other places...might be wrong. I've found more on the Moon than the other places and in a closer vicinity. Has anyone seen better stuff come out of the chests lately....

Not sure where everyone is but I've got one character needing the last two Venus before moving to Mars. need someone to tag along let me know.
Old 09-23-14, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So I finished the sorry excuse for a story last night and got a level 16 blue gun for my troubles. Then we tried to tackle the weekly strike again and got roflstomped...again. It's not even that the enemies are especially interesting or tough. They're just relentless spammers and ridiculous bullet sponges. I'm disliking this game more every time I play it, and I really wish I hadn't given these clowns $90.

Angry Joe pretty much nails it here:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gzopWRXK_r4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thankfully, the new Warframe update comes out today, so I know I'll be getting a freeze ray with shattering enemies and some sweet arm blades.
Old 09-23-14, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How can you tell which missions you've completed? I ended up doing one over , which was fine since it was easier the second time around.
Old 09-23-14, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess my post yesterday was deleted with the database crash.

Spent 30 mins in the morning at the cave and got two legendary items. So my warlock jumped from a level 22 to level 24.

The other item was for a Hunter. So I started my next character, somehow I forgot it was a Hunter and started a Titan. So now I have a Level 3 Titan waiting . In the night I started my Hunter and got to Level 3 with her. That's when you can patrol, and I wen to the cave. In hour I got to Level 8.
The best part is that I was able to watch The Big Bang Theory while other people was shooting at the cave. I was just using the right stick to stay active.

Good times.
Old 09-23-14, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts

still no legendary gear for me at the cave.
Old 09-23-14, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

The closest I got to that idiot cave was standing on top watching a group just fire away. I had some random scout mission to do and later got in on a Public Event. And once again saw two players going after each other over something...probably standing too close, in their spot or whatever. I wish they would just seal the damn thing up...

Yea...we tried that nearly impossible Ocean Moon Mission last night...again...and again the same results. Might as well went in with Level 12 gear against the Four Untouchable Wizards who are equipped with endless automatic fire. Even the Suicide Bombers took several head shots to even bring down. As Chess said everything in there is a Bullet Sponge.
Old 09-23-14, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Queen's Wrath event is now up. New bounties available, and the area at the top of the Tower (above and behind the bounty guy) is open with an NPC there. It's essentially just a new faction. Once you complete a bounty for the queen, you can do a mission for her, which is just one of the in-game missions on hard mode with some modifiers. Supposed to be a guaranteed Legendary item if you complete the mission, though.

So it's no new content really, just old content re-wrapped with a few new rewards. Not surprising.

In other news, I traded in 5 legendary engrams in one go last night and got 4 legendary items out of them. Not bad! I've ranked my Cryptarch up to level 14 now, so that probably has something to do with it.
Old 09-23-14, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by astrochimp
How can you tell which missions you've completed? I ended up doing one over , which was fine since it was easier the second time around.
I voiced the same complaint ... it really is difficult to tell what missions you completed and what is next when you are doing the story/campaign
I can't remember but it may have been that the icon you need to do next is pulsating/highlighted

Originally Posted by MoviePage
In other news, I traded in 5 legendary engrams in one go last night and got 4 legendary items out of them. Not bad! I've ranked my Cryptarch up to level 14 now, so that probably has something to do with it.
that is some incredible luck
Old 09-23-14, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

I played for an hour or so at the cave last night to level up my second character and went from 8 to 12. It probably would have been even more except there was one level 20 there or who was the dick who goes to the cave way too often to collect his garbage.
Old 09-23-14, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks musick. I thought maybe it was something like that. I haven't put a lot of time into it yet so I'm still noobin'.
Old 09-23-14, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
that is some incredible luck
If you factor in all the legendaries I've traded in that have turned to crap, it's not really. Just lucky that it was all at once.
Old 09-23-14, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,193 Likes on 919 Posts

I scored some legendary gear last night but it was Titan gear. I'm a Hunter, so that doesn't really work for me does it.
Old 09-23-14, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Deftones
still no legendary gear for me at the cave.
Same here. I think I've spent like 3 hours there, no legendaries. I did see one guy get two legendaries in one run. Jealous.
Old 09-23-14, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

That Angry Joe review summed it up for me (and was often HILARIOUS--"Let's play Galaga or something while it's loading"). Between the repetitiveness and getting dropped out of the game due to "server issues," I'm about ready to bail at level 7.
Old 09-23-14, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by astrochimp
I think the icon for the mission gets colored in after you complete it. It's tough to see.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.