Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-15, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Bungie - Destiny

If you want shards we might run VOG again tonight if enough people are on. We ran it last night because I'm trying to see if I can get some armor drops now that everything can be upgraded to 34 when HOW is released.
Old 04-25-15, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
So as I understand it, Radiant Shards will be the one thing you do need to upgrade All Armor? Same with the Energy for weapons? Besides the RAID can you trade/buy these now?

I dropped in a bit yesterday to get my weekly shards in the 1st & 2nd chest of the vault. I also grabbed the MIDA Tool since I never landed one...actually not a bad gun or at least to me it's not. Still have over 80 Coins.....

Might get back and play some again just to take break from Bloodborne. A heck of a game but come with some serious frustration and tests one patience. It's the A-Hole Invaders that's becoming a real pain ruining gameplay. Just getting the shards seemed a bit refreshing
New gear appears to comes at max level when you get it . all you need is glimmer and co to unlock the perks. The new material is used to bring no old gear to new light level
Old 04-25-15, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Me007gold
New gear appears to comes at max level when you get it . all you need is glimmer and co to unlock the perks. The new material is used to bring no old gear to new light level
Not quite.

Etheric Light will be used to max out all Legendary gear, including the new stuff. The only exceptions might be the gear you get from the Fallen vendor on the Reef, and maybe the stuff that drops from Osiris and Prison Of Elders. The fallen auto rifle is 365 from the start, but the New Monarchy gun was 331.

Radiant Shards/Energy are for Crota Gear only, and won't be used for anything after that.

Ascendant Shards/energy will be for VOG and the old legendaries to max them out to 300/331, but will not be used on the new legendaries.
Old 04-26-15, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I played a bit yesterday just meddling with some Bounties and trying some gear out I bought but never used like the new MIDA Tool (yes...my first) and Red Death. Not a bad time but nice change of pace. The MIDA tool is actually quite good with the accuracy dead on. I'm thinking of grabbing another but I feel I'm already overloaded with Exotic's in the Primary slot and have a few maxed Legendary Rifles already.
Old 04-26-15, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I played a bit yesterday just meddling with some Bounties and trying some gear out I bought but never used like the new MIDA Tool (yes...my first) and Red Death. Not a bad time but nice change of pace. The MIDA tool is actually quite good with the accuracy dead on. I'm thinking of grabbing another but I feel I'm already overloaded with Exotic's in the Primary slot and have a few maxed Legendary Rifles already.
Play the raid this coming week. Xur's sold weapon usually drops more than usual right after.

I looked it up, and I have 3 MIDAs sitting in my postmaster. 1 on each character. Also have just one in my vault, and I only use it for the Abyss on Crota. I like it, but as a gun it's not all that much better than the other scouts I have. But you can't beat the speed boost it gives you in the Abyss.
Old 04-26-15, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by TheKing
Play the raid this coming week. Xur's sold weapon usually drops more than usual right after.

I looked it up, and I have 3 MIDAs sitting in my postmaster. 1 on each character. Also have just one in my vault, and I only use it for the Abyss on Crota. I like it, but as a gun it's not all that much better than the other scouts I have. But you can't beat the speed boost it gives you in the Abyss.
Agree about the MIDA. I really like it, but hardly use it anymore. I actually prefer the fatebringer on the abyss so I can run to the post and then use the explosive rounds on the following thrall
Old 04-29-15, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK Folks, we're just over an hour away from the live feed of the Trials Of Osiris, which will also show the new PVP maps in HOW.

http://www.twitch.tv/bungie/ if you wanna watch.

I will post my live thoughts as well.
Old 04-29-15, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for live blogging for us who are work challenged.
Old 04-29-15, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK Folks, we're just over an hour away from the live feed of the Trials Of Osiris, which will also show the new PVP maps in HOW.

http://www.twitch.tv/bungie/ if you wanna watch.

I will post my live thoughts as well.
Make sure to use exclamation marks!
Old 04-29-15, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Don't know if anything will excite me that much here. It's not like this is the Speaker's new role or anything.
'
Old 04-29-15, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Guy in the crowd has a Titan helmet on and it's not even an Exotic or Raid helmet.
Old 04-29-15, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Absolutely! It's all so exciting!!!

To be fair, I'm actually pleased so see that they've addressed a lot of my core issues with the game:
  • Allowing gun upgrades increases variety of viable weapons
  • Allowing armor upgrades introduces some actual variety and personalization.
  • Both upgrades show some semblance of respect for players' time.
  • Vault expanded
  • Weapon switching via app avoids some of those trips to the tower
  • No more releveling stuff when you upgrade
  • Dialed back the currencies a bit

It's probably too little to late for the game to redeem itself, and there still aren't enough interesting weapons or classes/subclasses, but I'll check HoW out and hope there's enough content there to offset the lack of a new raid.

I really hope that coop thing isn't "horde mode", because cowering behind scenery while being spammed by bullet sponges is my least favorite thing about this game.
Old 04-29-15, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Scott, look where they landed.
Old 04-29-15, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK so here we go with the live feed of today's festivities.

They're doing this with a live studio audience.

Trials Of Osiris is based on wins. 9 wins complete the Trials, while 3 losses will reset your win progress.

Sounds like it's a Last team standing type of game, where when you're killed, you stay dead.

Trials Of Osiris will be played in one map per week. Different map every week.

Official name of the game type is elimination. no revives, and no respawns. Once you die, you're out that round. First team to win 5 rounds wins the match.

EDIT: You can revive teammates, but no respawning.

Osiris gear will drop after matches. One guy just got gloves and an emblem.

OK, this I really don't like. You will have to make your own team for Trials Of Osiris. No matchmaking, so if you don't have 2 others to play with, you're screwed. And of course, that means you're also fighting other pre-made fireteams.

Trials Of Osiris uses a different kind of matchmaking that is based more on connection type than having evenly matches teams. So basically there is no balance to the opponents, it's all based on your connection. It does mean there should be less lag.

These players are cheap as hell. Blinks everywhere, Last Word, Thorn, Felwinters. These are supposed to be the best players?

Quitting counts as a loss. So if you get disconnected, sounds like that would be a loss as well.

Items you can get from the Osiris vendor are based on wins. More items unlock as you win more. There are two sets of Osiris gear. One that can ascend to Level 34, and the Egyptian theme gear that we've seen. The first drops as you play, the other you can buy from vendor when you have 5 wins on one "passage"

You don't keep facing the same opponents. Different opponents every match.

Burning Shrine will be first week map.

They didn't reveal the new maps. Even though they said they would on their timeline.

Last edited by TheKing; 04-29-15 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-29-15, 01:14 PM

From what I've seen this is a mode Ill never play. No matchmaking either. There is going to be alot of eliteism here. People are going to be checking pvp stats before they form a team with you. If you have a terrible k/d ratio, you are not going to be able to play this mode.

*edit* two games in a row the arms dropped. I am curious as to how steady those drops really are

Last edited by Me007gold; 04-29-15 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-29-15, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah, can't watch the stream at work .... don't have enough info to determine interest factor but I'll give it a shot

one of the reasons I made sure to buy armor (Crest Of Alpha Lupi) I probably didn't need last week .... faster revives but it looks like this will be a Sunsinger fest
Old 04-29-15, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

no matchmaking
Old 04-29-15, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Me007gold
If you have a terrible k/d ratio, you are not going to be able to play this mode
Don't all line up at once to secure my godly .5 k/d.
Old 04-29-15, 01:36 PM

Is it just me or does TripleWreck look like Justin Long with AIDS?
Old 04-29-15, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK, the new maps are on display, or at least described here:

https://www.bungie.net/en/event/hous...es#new-arenas_

Thieves Den - Venus. Think of the area on Venus where you farmed for spirit bloom and the walker comes. It looks like that.

This Fallen hideout, located in the calderas of Venus, has been cleared for Crucible combat. The hideout itself remains intact, complete with an idling Skiff and constant reminders of the Fallen’s presence, providing Guardians with a vital training ground.

WIDOW'S COURT - Earth. Looks like a European village, and really like nothing else in the game.

On the edge of the European Dead Zone, there are countless stories of the events that left this village a ghost town. Guardians now use its eerily quiet streets as a training ground chosen by Lord Shaxx.

Widow’s Court is an asymmetrical map with both long sightlines and cramped interiors, supporting short and long-range strategies.

BLACK SHIELD - Phobos (Moon of Mars) - Looks like Firebase Delphi

Codenamed “Black Shield,” this decommissioned Firebase is believed to have been a key defensive position used by the Cabal when they established their warbase on the surface of Mars.

Black Shield is a symmetrical map with multiple chokepoints and an interior middle ground to hold, leading to frenetic encounters.
Old 04-29-15, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Burning Shrine will be first week map.
well we certainly should know every grain of sand on that map by the time TOO rolls around
Old 04-29-15, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pRL10Q_rs14" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-29-15, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So I'm playing a little Iron Banner.

Last night, it took me hours to get the Iron Wrath bounty done.

Today, got it in the first match. Thank you Shores Of Time.
Old 04-29-15, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Last night, it took me hours to get the Iron Wrath bounty done.

Today, got it in the first match.
hey, what are you doing 3 weeks and 2 days from now
Old 04-29-15, 02:53 PM

Thank you Shores Of Time.

Thats where I got most of my kills for the Invective bounty. Hunter + Camping + Invisibility.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.