Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-14, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

Originally Posted by TheKing
As for the Sunbreakers, I'd suggest passing on them right now. If you could run three characters and thus get at least 27 coins a week, it'd be an easy yes. But for now, your goal should be getting one loadout up to 28, and save the swapping for later. Voidfang is good for both classes as it starts you off with grenade energy. It is slightly more useful for Voidwalkers, but the difference is minimal.

The Sunbreakers are really only useful for Sunsingers, and for only one of their grenades at that. They look cool, but in the end aren't as versatile. I really only bought them so I could get to 30 if I don't get the Raid gloves.
Exactly.

Because I haven't gotten the raid gloves, I'm stuck using the Sunbreakers, because it's the only way I can have my Warlock at 30, which she is as of last night...bitches!

So I'm glad I bought the Sunbreakers for that reason, but otherwise, I'm not a fan.

Originally Posted by musick
damn you Xur
I thought for sure with chess getting Gjallarhorn earlier in the week that he would be selling it
You can go straight to hell mister!
Old 11-07-14, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chess

You can go straight to hell mister!
Hellmouth?
Old 11-07-14, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you guys heard the story that was posted on Reddit about how one player was given a unique gun by Bungie?

http://planetdestiny.com/first-look-fate-fools/

Fate Of All Fools is a Scout Rifle that is supposed to eventually be acquired through an Exotic Bounty involving the Trials Of Osiris, a special version of Crucible play that hasn't come out yet.

Anyway, the story goes that the player is someone that is recovering from multiple brain surgeries, in part by playing Destiny. After his story was posted on a Bungie message board, they contacted the man and told him to check the postmaster in game. When he did, he found a shiny new gun that nobody else has yet.
Old 11-07-14, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Motes of Light: only way to get them is via RNGesus? From Strikes, chests, and turning in Engrams? And, other than buying engrams from Xur, what else requires Motes? (actually, I think the Speaker sells gear that requires Motes).

The 3 other factions (Dead Orbit, FWC....): I know I equip a class item so all rep earned (Vanguard and Crucible) goes to rank up the faction. However, to buy the gear those factions sell, the only way to do that is to earn Crucible Marks in Crucible (yuck)?
Old 11-07-14, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gooter
Motes of Light: only way to get them is via RNGesus? From Strikes, chests, and turning in Engrams? And, other than buying engrams from Xur, what else requires Motes? (actually, I think the Speaker sells gear that requires Motes).

The 3 other factions (Dead Orbit, FWC....): I know I equip a class item so all rep earned (Vanguard and Crucible) goes to rank up the faction. However, to buy the gear those factions sell, the only way to do that is to earn Crucible Marks in Crucible (yuck)?
No, you also earn motes of light from XP ranking after Level 20. On your gear screen, hover over the Level 20 and it will show you how close you are to earning your next Mote.

You are correct about the other factions. They all take Crucible Marks. This is why it's so important to get to Vanguard Rank 3, as they're the only ones that take Vanguard Marks.

There is another way to earn Crucible Marks: Farming. You can turn 50 Spinmetal, Helium, Spirit Bloom or Relic Iron into 5 Crucible Marks, 25 Rep and 250 Glimmer at the Crucible Quartermaster. You could do that for Vanguard Marks as well, but really why would you?

There is one other perk to joining a faction: When you reach Rank 3, you get a care package from them at the Postmaster. This happens at every Rank after that as well. In these packages is usually a piece of Armor or Weapon. Many times it's a weapon that is for the faction, but that you can't buy.
Old 11-08-14, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, slow thread today.

I ended up in a Raid with people from one of the PS Trophy sites I frequent. Finally got my Hunter through a full raid, and I was rewarded for it. I got the Hunter gloves, a second Praedyth's Revenge, and a second Atheon's Epilogue. Oh, and Chatterwhite.

With those gloves, I should have all my characters at 29.

Last edited by TheKing; 11-08-14 at 06:01 AM.
Old 11-08-14, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing
Wow, slow thread today. .
yeah, I was hoping to raid tonight but there were few from the board even on
Old 11-08-14, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK, I now have all 3 characters at 29. Yay. Still have Hard run for Hunter possibly, and maybe the final part for Warlock on Hard.
Old 11-08-14, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Didn't see anyone on or at least enough to do a Raid last night but ill try again tonight. I really need to run thru with my Warlock. I did see "Scott" on and maybe caught Music before calling it a night. If me and kanjji are playing you can count on us joining.
Old 11-08-14, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

What does Xur have this weekend?
Old 11-08-14, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Took the night off since I'm caught up on all of my weekly stuff.

Doing a bit of XP grinding to level up some weapons, but otherwise I'm stuck till Tues.
Old 11-08-14, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
What does Xur have this weekend?
There's a list here: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/12294302-post2986.html
Old 11-08-14, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bought a legendary helm. Now level 27. My void fang is fully leveled. Out of shards. If I'm not too low of level would love to raid tonite after 9pm CT.
Old 11-08-14, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

had a weird glitch last night

Mattysemo247 sent me an invite but I couldn't join his fireteam because the game didn't recognize that I had PS+
Had to log out and then back in again for it to work
That never happened before
Old 11-08-14, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Gjallarhorn is fucking hilarious.
Old 11-08-14, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

had a weird glitch last night

Mattysemo247 sent me an invite but I couldn't join his fireteam because the game didn't recognize that I had PS+
Had to log out and then back in again for it to work
That never happened before
I've had that happen to me a few times. restarting Destiny solved it every time.
Old 11-09-14, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Had a weird issue tonight also. Buncha guys were getting in for the raid and got invitations from 2 or 3 of them but it wouldn't let me join their fireteam even though there were only 4 and then 5 people over several minutes.

By the time restarted PS4 and rebooted the game, fireteam was full.

Sucks. Really have been wanting to try the Raid. Getting sick of the connection glitches.

So if anyone is doing the raid anytime I am around I would like to get in on it.
Old 11-09-14, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

yeah, I was hoping to raid tonight but there were few from the board even on
It's all about COD right now.
Old 11-09-14, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
Had a weird issue tonight also. Buncha guys were getting in for the raid and got invitations from 2 or 3 of them but it wouldn't let me join their fireteam even though there were only 4 and then 5 people over several minutes.

By the time restarted PS4 and rebooted the game, fireteam was full.

Sucks. Really have been wanting to try the Raid. Getting sick of the connection glitches.

So if anyone is doing the raid anytime I am around I would like to get in on it.
Sorry we couldn't get you in Sooner. We waited for a while, but then gooter jumped on the invite since we didn't know what was going on with you.

Anyhoo, we had a pretty good run. We had a couple of first time raiders, so we tried everything the legit way so they could get an idea of what the Raid is all about. When those methods failed, we went the safe, cheesy route

But everybody did very well and were quick learners. We got through the confluxes on the first try, and almost did the oracles as well. We missed the last oracle of the last round, and we had already missed 3 others, draining the pool.

Didn't do as well with the Templar in the normal method. But we pulled through the easy way. We got all the chests, then ran into trouble at the gorgon maze. I ended up doing it solo and they all rejoined. Everybody made it through the jump puzzle.

I was worried a bit, as we didn't have a lot of experienced relic handlers, and I'd never really done the gatekeeper stuff before. But I took charge, got the first relic, got people in position, and if you can believe this, we did it on the first try!

Atheon took a few more than that

But we all stuck together, and we took that bastard down. And while I got nothing out of the raid itself, all of us got the Raiding Party trophy. All 6 of us were in the Daggers Of Destiny!

So as we celebrated in the Tower, I mentioned that I had a save point at the Oracles on Hard. So the group decided to give that a try. We took out the Oracles, the Templar, and went in for the chests. I got my second Found Verdict shotgun, and 6 shards.

All in all a productive and fun night.

EDIT: Cryptarch finally came through for me! I had a Legendary engram for a primary weapon. Most of the time, that turns into shards or energy. Sometimes you get a Legendary weapon. And sometimes you hit a home run. I just got a Monte Carlo Auto Rifle from the freaking cryptarch!

Last edited by TheKing; 11-09-14 at 06:12 AM.
Old 11-09-14, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Hey guys - I've been playing on and off and leveled fairly high. I have my Titan up to level 24, but mostly through MP or Vangaurd. Unfortunately my friends aren't up to speed or still waiting to get a PS4. What's the process you all use to raid. I'd like to run some of the more advanced locations? A few other things I have yet to figure out.

How do weapons and abilities upgrade? Kills, shots, uses?

Are upgrade items only collected through boss kills or planet farming? Items like Spirit Bloom.
Old 11-09-14, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I was hoping to get in on a Raid last night but a certain special 7yr old wanted to come over and stay the night. So I traded in fighting Kabal, Fallen & Vex for defeating Bugs, Giant Robots and Flying Dragons in Earth Defense Force 2025. So I'll try again tonight if there's a group which I really need and want to get in.
Old 11-09-14, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
It's all about COD right now.
nope, you were the only one on from here playing COD

it was just a case were not enough people were on earlier in the evening (or high enough level in 1 case) but by around 10:30/11:00 central we had enough and actually 1 extra

I got the Warlock raid boots which I already had but these are all intellect instead of strength, shards, and of course chatterwhite shader ... expected more/better (especially on the hard portion we did) but faired ok .... like I said, They must call the hard raid that because it is hard to get shit

was nice to get the Raiding Party troph and I now feel comfortable handling the relic as well

I did have luck with Xur .... King reminded me right before we were going to take on the hard part of the raid that Xur was gone on only 12 mins .... I intended to spend my mass amounts of motes on a helm engram .... first shot and I got the Skull Of Dire Ahamkara for my warlock

something did come up as well that seemed weird .... In hard mode, once marked by an oracle your super would reset .... normal?

Last edited by musick; 11-09-14 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-09-14, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

in case you didn't see the news from a few days ago (never saw it posted here)

We’re inbound with several bundles of joy in our hold. They’ll land in the weeks to come. Some of them will give everyone new things to do and earn. Some of them will prepare the world you’ve conquered for some new arrivals, and push the boundaries. Your level of engagement will be up to you. Each of us finds our own level in Destiny.

Here are some things we’ve mentioned:
Channels for talking to matchmade teammates, if you so wish
Exotic weapons that are stronger and more interesting to upgrade
New gear to let you slip into something a little more Legendary
That which waits in The Dark Below

Here are some things we’ve kept secret, until now:
New shaders for your gear
Ways to preview items before you spend your Glimmer
Greater chances of “showers” in public spaces
Adjustments to some arenas that needed better traffic flow
New economies to equip you with upgrade materials
Fixes, patches, and other invisible technical evolutions
Some other tricks up our sleeve
Maybe even a more generous Cryptarch
(he’ll still be sort of a bastard)

Those are the broad strokes. More detail is on the way. There will be Dev Notes and Patch Notes and love notes on our forum to explain what we mean, why we’re doing this, how it will all go down, and why we think it’s awesome. For now, we just wanted to let you know we’ve been thinking about you, and working on some game changers we hope you’ll enjoy.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekl...News?aid=12364
Old 11-09-14, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,239 Posts

BTW, "showers" are apparently code for "public events".

I'll probably be taking a Destiny break for a little while, but it's nice to know things might feel all new and improved when I come back to it.
Old 11-09-14, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
I need to do the raid again with my alt tonight. So, if you are on, we could attempt it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.