DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

I'm up for tomorrow night
Old 11-02-14, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Ran through the VoG again this evening. Got the usual energy and shard drops, plus a set of boots that are worse than the ones I already have.

What was encouraging to me was that we started that thing a little after 9, and were done by 10:15. That's pretty impressive to me, especially since we were just a group of random, one of which had never done the raid before. I felt super comfortable in there doing everything but the relic, so once I get the hang of that it's on to hard mode I suppose.
Old 11-02-14, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would love to try the raid for the first time. Hunter prob one upgrade away from level 28.
Old 11-02-14, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I just completed the Raid with my Hunter for the first time. Well, not complete. I got a random invite from someone who was at the Atheon checkpoint and wanted to finish things off. So I hopped into my Hunter and gave it a go.

We had a lot of inexperience there, and very little relic experience. So I kinda took charge and grabbed the relic when I got teleported. Took a while, but we finished off Atheon and celebrated. I got a Thunderlord and 3 Shards. Oh, and Chatterwhite.

I'm still up for doing the Raid tomorrow, as I'd like to get the chests and other stuff with the Hunter this week. But now I'm a confident Relic holder, and fairly confident with using the Hunter in the Raid.
Old 11-02-14, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did a hard raid last night up to the gatekeeper.

Basically, everything up to that point is cheesable other than the confluxes. I can now get to the spot where I can shoot the hidden oracle in the back, and everybody else can snipe the others from relative safety.

Of course I didn't get anything interesting. One guy I was with got the raid fusion rifle, and a couple of them got armor bits.
Old 11-02-14, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Would love to be able to a raid run (or two?) today. Haven't been through it before. Level 27 Hunter. Anyone down? I have most of the day free.
Old 11-02-14, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to try to see if we can get that complete raid as a clan trophy. I am up for the raid today.
Old 11-02-14, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i'm down for that.
Old 11-02-14, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,917 Likes on 1,260 Posts

Geez, that 25 kill/death spread for the Invective is brutal, at least for someone as off-the-charts awful at the Crucible as I am. I got all the way up to 18/25, but it only took a couple of matches for me to be back down to 7/25. Pretty sure that's never going to happen for me. I have the bounty with the 500 void damage points but am fairly certain I will never attempt that.

I did complete the bounty for Bad Juju, and it is the most laugh-out-loud useless weapon I've touched in the game.
Old 11-03-14, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 121 Likes on 109 Posts

I'm sorry about last night on joining the Raid. Chess sent an invite for a try at going Thur on Hard. On what we had it seemed like we could pull it off but just fell apart at the second section. I have no idea what happened to one person and I blame myself for getting killed up in the middle but like Chess said; one goes down it's pretty much over. I think I'll stay with the normal and besides I need the armor for my Warlock.

Afterward I ran some bounties and got my Titan to the magical level of 30 so he is set. I can now work on some weapons and my other two characters. I'm up for a "Clan Run" on the Raid and no-offense to Chess but probably should've joined the invite waiting till I got my Titan to 30 first. Besides with the now randow selection of going thru now I wouldn't mind picking up the Oracle and giving it a go.The way it is now it's almost a sure bet there will be plenty of practice like it was the other night.

On a side note I played a bit with the "Patience & Time Sniper" with it's camo mode. You only have that 8 second window and take a shot you become visible. However playing a bit on the Moon I found doing zoom behind a wall or rock, getting camo and then slowly creep in the open giving me perfect open shots with the fallen just stairing right in my direction. I actually was using camo and then move sideways to another location watching the enemies looking in the spot I cme from. It can have some use in certain situations.

Last edited by K&AJones; 11-03-14 at 06:48 AM.
Old 11-03-14, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My Titan hit 30 as well, and I don't have any armor that I need to upgrade for any character. Thinking I might take a step back from daily stuff and focus purely on getting raids done this week...specifically, two hard raids.

Tonight, I really really want to get the hard raid done with my Warlock. See if I can get the raid helm. I'm at Atheon and just need to find a group to pull me through. Hopefully between GAF and LFG, I'll find something.

You were fine Buzz. Just wasn't a great hiding spot. Also, the two lvl 30s I recruited were far too stoned to be useful.
Old 11-03-14, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
I did complete the bounty for Bad Juju, and it is the most laugh-out-loud useless weapon I've touched in the game.
Uh oh, really? It is one of my choices I can pick from. What should I pick?

Bad Juju, Pocket Infinity, or Super Good Advice

Keep in mind
*I already have a purple fusion rifle (Light/Beware)
*I don't like using fusions (can never get the timing down since you have to charge it up)
*My only non-blue weapon is the fusion rifle
*Prefer rockets to machine guns
Old 11-03-14, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Gooter
Uh oh, really? It is one of my choices I can pick from. What should I pick?

Bad Juju, Pocket Infinity, or Super Good Advice

Keep in mind
*I already have a purple fusion rifle (Light/Beware)
*I don't like using fusions (can never get the timing down since you have to charge it up)
*My only non-blue weapon is the fusion rifle
*Prefer rockets to machine guns
First, you're wrong about both fusion rifles and machine guns. Both are generally awesome, and 90% of the time a machine gun will outclass a rocket launcher.

That said, Juju is garbage and Super Good Advice is a train wreck of ass and recoil. I haven't been impressed with any of the quest guns.
Old 11-03-14, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by chess
First, you're wrong about both fusion rifles and machine guns. Both are generally awesome, and 90% of the time a machine gun will outclass a rocket launcher.

That said, Juju is garbage and Super Good Advice is a train wreck of ass and recoil. I haven't been impressed with any of the quest guns.
Agreed.

The only good thing about Bad Juju is that it auto reloads when you kill someone.
Old 11-03-14, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Bad Juju has approaching zero power to it -- even on Cosmodrome patrols against level 2 enemies, it takes multiple shots to bring anything down. You can only fire five times before it's dry. One of the upgrades will automatically reload all ammo with a kill, but unless you're going strictly for headshots against weak enemies, that can still put you in pretty dangerous situations. I went back to using my rare scout rifle (my only legendaries are currently heavy weapons), and it's orders of magnitude more powerful.

The Zombie Apocalypse WF47 won me over on machine guns over rocket launchers.
Old 11-03-14, 09:23 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Even leveled up the Bad Juju is the worst exotic in the game. Against trash you can keep it reloaded ok, but any green gun can melt trash. Against hard enemies, you are not killing fast enough for it to auto reload. What you end up with is a BB gun that has to be reloaded every 4 seconds, and even IF you shot yourself in the eye with it you would not shoot your eye out.

They promise to buff the Bad Juju in the next patch, which is the only reason I have held on to mine and not made 2-3 materials out of it.
Old 11-03-14, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chess

Oh, I don't disagree that fusions/machine guns are awesome and powerful... in a player's hands who knows how to use them well. That is not me unfortunately. I do better with rockets and sniper rifles than machine guns and fusions. Like I said, I hate how you have to charge up the fusion first, can't get the aiming and timing down.

So basically what you guys are saying is I shouldn't waste my time on any of these 3 exotic bounties? LOL I will just free up my bounty space then.
Old 11-03-14, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have all the bounty weapons, and I'll give you my take on them.

1) Invective (Shotgun, A Dubious Task) Easily the best bounty gun. Not even close to the rest. It's quite the tool in PvP. in PvE, it's as useful as other shotguns, which is not much.

2) Pocket Infinity (Fusion Rifle, Shattered Memory Fragment) Once upgraded, it's not a bad weapon. Three instant bursts from it after the charge can deal a alot of damage, and it really helps those Fusion bounties that come up.

3) Thorn (Hand Cannon, A Light In The Dark) Slow reload, but it looks cool, is fairly accurate and deals poison damage. Not as good as The Last Word.

4) Super Good Advice (Machine Gun, A Voice In The Wilderness) This gun sucks...until you upgrade it. Then it becomes just OK. You get back almost every missed bullet straight into the magazine, which is good since you will miss with this gun constantly. Don't try and aim it down the sights. Just shoot from the hip, and you'll get decent results...once upgraded.

5) Bad Juju (Pulse Rifle, Toland's Legacy) It looks cool. Everything else about it sucks ass. That being said, Bungie is probably going to improve it.

Last edited by TheKing; 11-03-14 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-03-14, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 121 Likes on 109 Posts

The first Exotic Bounty I got was for the Bad Juju. The only good thing about that bounty was I got plenty of experience and XP doing the Strikes before cancelling it out due to all the negatives I heard about it.

I have three others but really haven't paid much attention to them. I've got some good stuff now I need to finish working on including Solar, Void and Arc Fusion Rifles, the new Patience & Time sniper, Suros, and the new Solar Scout Rifle Vision of Confluence.
Old 11-03-14, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

I wish there were a way to choose maps or something for the Crucible or in some way define what's in the playlist. I used to always hate the Moon map, but I got it twice in a row and had more fun than I have on any other map, and I haven't seen it again in the I-don't-know-how-many-matches-later I've played since.
Old 11-03-14, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^ yep, that would be a pretty basic feature
like I've said before the map rotation in Crucible isn't that good
Old 11-03-14, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing
OK, I now have a new favorite weapon in the Crucible.

The Vision Of Confluence is a badass. Once you get the full auto upgrade, oh man is it sweet. It's like the Suros, only just a hair slower. But it does more damage, and is pretty damn accurate being a Scout Rifle. My first game with it, I had a K/D of over 2:1. Though I did get a Titan Drop 4-way kill on some dudes who thought they were safe in a bubble shield. HA!
right on King
I'm liking VoC a lot .... plus the added bonus of it being a primary that deals out solar damage and allows me to keep my Ice Breaker as my special

Suros is still my go to right now in the Crucible
Old 11-03-14, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

While this won't apply to most, the time change over the weekend has moved the daily resets to 1AM Pacific (4AM Eastern). I would assume this would include the weekly resets as well.

And speaking of which, I bring news from the other side of the reset.

IRON BANNER!

Lord Saladin has returned to the Tower and the second Iron Banner tournament has begun. There are new rules in place this time around, with the level differences being made more distinct. Or at least, that's what Bungie had said previously. They also said that Saladin would hand out the bounties for it, but they're still at the bounty board.

The XP for Iron Banner has been reset. So you have to start from 0 again. As for what he has to offer, he has the same two shaders and emblems he had last time. The weapon up for sale is a shotgun with maybe the slowest rate of fire I've seen on a shotty, but decent impact so one shot may be all you need.

As for armor, everyone has the class armor, a helmet and boots available. The class armor unlocks at Rank 2 now, while the armor and gun are Rank 3.

In other news, the Nightfall/Heoric Strike this week is everyone's favorite: Cerberus Bae III on Mars! No arc, void or solar burn this week either. Fun fun fun with that Tank boss, and then the real boss.

Last edited by TheKing; 11-04-14 at 04:06 AM.
Old 11-04-14, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Found a good crew and beat Atheon twice on hard last night. Both characters got a speeder bike and some ascendant energy. FML.
Old 11-04-14, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK, it looks like the return of Iron Banner may have been a bit premature.

All of a sudden, it's gone. It was there at the reset, then I go and do the Nightfall and Heroic, and now it's all gone.

It didn't seem like they had made all the changes that they had originally said were coming, so maybe this week was the original planned return, and now it's been nixed. Oh well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.