Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-14, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I skipped on spending coins but went ahead and rolled the dice twice on the Exotic Engram. One a total waste and the other I need to research it....

Warlock - got the Voidfang Vestment Chest pc...problem is it's the same one I bought last week. The Warlock now has (3) Legendary and (2) Exotic Chest pcs.

Titan - Got the Armamentarium Chest but last week I got the Helm of Most Light and I'm about 75%leveled up on it.

I've done probably 12-14 Tiger Strikes in the last two days and have got nothing....maybe two Shards and that's it. I still haven't seen an actual Legenday Engram drop in two weeks. I finally got one today thru the Cryptarch....the second one in nine tries. I need to got "Shard Farming" since I'm out and cannot level anything up.
sounds like you have doubles of stuff .... why don't you level them then dismantle for shards?
Old 10-17-14, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
not shopping with Xur this week
he can do better

after never seeing an exotic bounty until this week I had my second come up late last night
now have 2 loaded up and running
thing is like most with this game, by the time I get those 2 bounties possibly completed I could of had countless other bounties loaded up in their slots to finish
I got that Chest piece for a Titan character (that is still only Level 2). I also got an engram to level up my Cryptarch and be able to dismantle it for shards.
Old 10-17-14, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

I'd like to get that rocket launcher from Xur, but I'm short on coins after picking up the sniper last week. Maybe if I can get through the Nightfall tonight I might have enough, but I'm not going to stress about it.
Old 10-18-14, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Well I finally maxed out my Titan. Defender and Striker. My Warlock is also maxed. All that's left now is the Gunslinger for my Hunter.

And now My Titan has reached Level 28, to go with my 29 Warlock and 27 Hunter.

Last edited by TheKing; 10-18-14 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-19-14, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,197 Likes on 921 Posts

Slowly climbing up the New Monarchy rank 3, so that I can buy that Legendary Auto Rifle for my Hunter. No Xur items this week, because the missions to collect strange coins are hard as fuck to complete solo. What was weird that I hadn't seen before was that some one scored and Exotic handgun during the Crucible and they just happened to be the lowest scorer of the Clash round. I had never seen that before.
Old 10-19-14, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
What was weird that I hadn't seen before was that some one scored and Exotic handgun during the Crucible and they just happened to be the lowest scorer of the Clash round. I had never seen that before.
All praise RNGesus.
Old 10-19-14, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As much as I play this game I should know this, but what is RNG?

And I FINALLY made it through the raid tonight with a group of randoms from GameFAQs, no less. It was crazy fun. Bungie needs to implement matchmaking in a bad way for this and for Nightfall.
Old 10-19-14, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lopper
As much as I play this game I should know this, but what is RNG?
Random Number Generator.
Old 10-19-14, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Slowly climbing up the New Monarchy rank 3, so that I can buy that Legendary Auto Rifle for my Hunter. No Xur items this week, because the missions to collect strange coins are hard as fuck to complete solo. What was weird that I hadn't seen before was that some one scored and Exotic handgun during the Crucible and they just happened to be the lowest scorer of the Clash round. I had never seen that before.
Yeah, I mentioned it here, but that's how I got one of my Exotics, my Universal Remote shotgun that slots as a primary weapon. I've seen a few others get rewarded with exotics, like a couple got the sweet Hawkmoon Hand Cannon.

As for me, I had enough Motes of Light to buy a second engram from Xur, hoping to get Warlock Chest armor. But instead I got The Armamentarium, that I bought with coins when Xur showed up! Although, technically the one I got from the engram is slightly better than the one he sold (an extra 6 points of Discipline). So one will be broken down for shards.

And I finished up the bounty for my second Pocket Infinity. Now I just have to decide if I want to work on the one for my 3rd Invective.
Old 10-19-14, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

The last part of the Exotic bounty is getting 10000 point in PvP. If and when there is a 6v6 match I'd like to come along. I still haven't tried one single PvP match and wouldn't even know where to begin.

Also if anyone is doing the daily, weekly or whatever I'll gladly jump in anytime I'm on. Right now I probably spend more time doing the Tiger & Viper Strikes more than anything else. I try to check when some here like roy doing Strikes, daily or whatever.
Old 10-19-14, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TheKing
Yeah, I mentioned it here, but that's how I got one of my Exotics, my Universal Remote shotgun that slots as a primary weapon. I've seen a few others get rewarded with exotics, like a couple got the sweet Hawkmoon Hand Cannon.

As for me, I had enough Motes of Light to buy a second engram from Xur, hoping to get Warlock Chest armor. But instead I got The Armamentarium, that I bought with coins when Xur showed up! Although, technically the one I got from the engram is slightly better than the one he sold (an extra 6 points of Discipline). So one will be broken down for shards.

And I finished up the bounty for my second Pocket Infinity. Now I just have to decide if I want to work on the one for my 3rd Invective.

I guess I wasn't paying attention but I did not know Xur took motes of light I thought he was all about strange coins? I have like 30 motes of light, I think. Is he still there today or does he leave Saturday night?
Old 10-19-14, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I guess I wasn't paying attention but I did not know Xur took motes of light I thought he was all about strange coins? I have like 30 motes of light, I think. Is he still there today or does he leave Saturday night?
He takes motes for the exotic engram. I think you have about 8 minutes until he leaves.
Old 10-19-14, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Obey The D
He takes motes for the exotic engram. I think you have about 8 minutes until he leaves.
Yeah, he was gone.
Old 10-19-14, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So just finished a couple of rounds in the Crucible and finally got my Vanquisher VIII legendary auto rifle. The RNG was very nice to me in the Crucible and gave me a Fusion rifle legendary status, too. I'm finally all legendary, with that symbiotic exotic helmet I bought from Xur a couple of weeks ago. Now it's time to farm for this special ingredients to upgrade my armor. That's a pain in the ass.
Old 10-20-14, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Productive weekend.

Leveled my hunter up to 28 to get a third character raid ready. It cost me a lot of ascendant materials on short term armor, but it allowed me to run the raid three times.

With my Warlock, I didn't get any armor, but I did get a Vision of Confluence, a Hard Light, the raid ship and an auto shotgun I forget the name of. With my Titan, I got the leg armor I needed and an Aetheon's Epilogue. With my Hunter, I got an armor piece and not much else...duplicate of that auto shotgun above.

The highlight is definitely Aetheon's Epilogue. Nice gun, especially for the raid itself.
Old 10-20-14, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I appreciated the invite on the vault Run last night and sorry we didn't get more along. Funny but this is third attempt (still haven't completed it yet) and all three have been stopped at the same place. Not sure if we're trying again tonight but in case I'm still in.

On a side note besides The Vault Run being stalled it was by far my best evening/night ever. I had been running several Tiger Strikes and accumulated several Rare Engrams before joining the Vault Run. I got a Legendary Shotgun for it. I then did a Strike with a Bounty with Chess and another Tiger. I had close to 7-8 Rare Engrams. Went back to the tower and got two Legendary Guns out of the Rare Engrams. I needed to get the Public Even so I took the new Shotgun from the Vault to play with and went to the Divide for the tank. Ran around, opened a chest which turned out to be one of those Super Chest...Legendary, Rare, 2 Ammo boxes and 10 Spinmetal....

So for the night I got (4) legendary Guns....
Old 10-20-14, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We would have gotten that raid done if we'd just had time.

The part before the boss fight (the part we finished) is actually quite a bit tougher than the actual boss fight IMO. All you really need is one guy who can handle the relic, and I'm pretty sure I can. Everybody else is just killing enemies and oracles as they spawn and shooting the boss when the relic handler takes down his shield. Rinse, repeat. Pretty easy stuff.

And from there, it's just the maze and the jump to get to the final boss room, both of which I'm sure everybody can do. At a minimum, I can lead through the maze, and the jump is just trial and error.

My core raid group did the entire raid, without cheesing anything in just under an hour.
Old 10-20-14, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by chess

The highlight is definitely Aetheon's Epilogue. Nice gun, especially for the raid itself.
I got that on Saturday during my Raid run. Looking forward to using it; not looking forward to leveling it.

Should also be helpful with my exotic hand cannon bounty - crucible kills using void weapons.
Old 10-20-14, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When do the weekly challenges reset?
Old 10-20-14, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
When do the weekly challenges reset?
Tuesday at 2AM Pacific. 12 hours from now.
Old 10-20-14, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Crap. I guess I'll get on tonight and run through the weekly strike. Didn't get a chance to do that over the weekend. Thanks.

musick, hopefully you will be on later
Old 10-20-14, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Crap. I guess I'll get on tonight and run through the weekly strike. Didn't get a chance to do that over the weekend. Thanks.

musick, hopefully you will be on later
have softball playoffs at 7:45 CT
should be home around 9:00 CT tonight
Old 10-20-14, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll probably still be on around 11:00 central the latest. Stayed up too late last night.
Old 10-20-14, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm good for 8e tonight.
Old 10-20-14, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chess
Productive weekend.
for playing this time consuming game that is and not anything else

took a secondary character from level 7 to level 20+ over the weekend
one he got up to 20 I just slapped on some legendary gear I had vaulted and I believe it brought him up to 25

I can't imagine doing that again with another new character

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.