Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Fallout: New Vegas 2

Old 02-14-13, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Fallout: New Vegas 2

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013.../#more-141816n

When you speak with someone in Las Vegas, the topic of conversation naturally shifts to Vegas-themed things. In the case of Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart, that meant Star Wars, of course. Oh, and I guess Fallout: New Vegas. During a DICE chat that lasted innumerable moons, months, seasons, and centuries, Urquhart and I briefly touched on his studio’s return to its old techno-magically irradiated Black Isle haunt. “Oh, we’d love to do Fallout: New Vegas 2,” he enthused. “It would be awesome.” But how would that work? And is Bethesda on board with the idea? Here’s what Urquhart had to say.

“If I think of going from Fallout 1 to Fallout 2, we tried to associate the two areas somewhat closely,” he explained to RPS. “It wasn’t just ‘Oh, we’re gonna do this 2,000 miles from here.’ So I think if we were to do Fallout: New Vegas 2 – or just a new Fallout – we would probably separate it from what the internal team at Bethesda’s doing. We’d keep it on the West Coast, because we’re West Coast people. They’re East Coast, so it makes “And we need an interesting confined area. So I mean, it could be LA. Fallout LA. That could be interesting. It’d probably be The Boneyard, which is from Fallout 1. It could be very different. It could be almost a Walking Dead meets Fallout-like thing because of all the radiation.”

Which, of course, sounds pretty damn enticing. But there’s a lot more to making a bombed-out wasteland than, well, dropping some bombs. Red tape abounds, and Urquhart didn’t deny that it’s kind of a kick in the head. But Obsidian and Bethesda are definitely on good terms, so there’s plenty of hope.

“We talk to Bethesda all the time,” he said. “And I think the challenge here doesn’t just apply to Bethesda specifically, but to a lot of publishers in general. But basically, what does all the [current] console crap mean? The challenge in this period of time has been, you have this console transition, and it’s strange that they’re still not announced. But that always creates a disruption in the industry. And now you mix in [the emergence of] mobile and F2P stuff, and it’s left a lot of people reeling.”

“So that’s a lot of the conversation we’ve had with publishers. ‘OK, how do we get back to normal – whatever normal is going to be.’ That’s just the process right now.”
Meanwhile, I also managed to pull Bethesda’s Todd Howard aside and get his two cents, which basically amounted to a reiteration of Urquhart’s sentiment. Nothing’s set in stone, but New Vegas was great, and having another go at it certainly makes an awful lot of sense. So, right then, fingers crossed. Extra radiation-borne ones too, if you’ve got ‘em.

Fallout: Los Angeles Would be awesome. I loved the factions, scenery in New Vegas
Old 02-14-13, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Fallout: New Vegas 2

I thought for sure they were already working on a new Fallout game. This means we won't see another one till 2015.
Old 02-14-13, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt

I thought for sure they were already working on a new Fallout game. This means we won't see another one till 2015.
I think these are separate projects. Bethesda was the developer behind Fallout 3..and fallout 4..where as obsidian was for New Vegas
Old 02-14-13, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, Fallout 4 is a separate project that is rumored to be long underway by Bethesda.

New Vegas might very well be my favorite game of this generation, so a sequel would be a day-one purchase.
Old 02-14-13, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
I think these are separate projects. Bethesda was the developer behind Fallout 3..and fallout 4..where as obsidian was for New Vegas

Thank jeebus!
Old 02-14-13, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd much rather get a game that takes place in a different city. San Francisco would be great.
Old 02-14-13, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Drexl
I'd much rather get a game that takes place in a different city. San Francisco would be great.
Hrmm wasn't San Fran occupied by the Japanese?