Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Torchlight 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-12, 07:27 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Torchlight 2

Torchlight 2 is only 2 days away and it is going to be an epic experience...for only a mere $20. The comparisons with Diablo 3 are unavoidable -- here is a great article from Kotaku comparing the two games

http://kotaku.com/5943951/torchlight...we-had-to-make

It sure sounds to me that Torchlight 2 is the game that Diablo 3 should have been. I can't wait!!!
Old 09-18-12, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Torchlight 2

Wow, 2 days? I already have it purchased but likely won't get to it for a while due to Borderlands 2.

I guess I'll be putting that 2nd playthrough of Titan Quest on hold too.
Old 09-18-12, 09:34 AM
wlj

great time for RPGs which is a blessing and a curse for me since i have very limited play time

i am trying to juggle:

Path of Exile
Guild Wars 2
Torchlight 2
Realms of Ancient War
Diablo 3 (however i am pretty much done with it unfortunately)
Dark Souls has its DLC coming out in a few weeks
Old 09-18-12, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Whats the status of POE? I never did get a beta invite after that test weekend, not that I would have had much time to keep up with it.
Old 09-18-12, 09:57 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Yeah, bad timing with this coming out two days after Borderlands 2. A few weeks ago would have been perfect. But I've already got this pre-ordered so I'll get to it sooner or later.
Old 09-18-12, 09:57 AM
wlj

Starman -- You have to pay $10 to join the closed beta. Or did you pay and not get your invite? Eventually the game will be "open beta" which will be playable by everyone. However it is unknown when that will be. I think they have contests so you can win beta keys, but you will just have to check the website.

it is well worth the $10
Old 09-18-12, 10:01 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if not for borderlands, day one....
Old 09-18-12, 10:04 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by foxdvd
if not for borderlands, day one....

I am going to put off BL2 for a while since i have so much to play right now. Once I started BL2, it would consume me and everything else would fall to the wayside. I was sooooo addicted to BL1 it wasn't even funny
Old 09-18-12, 10:14 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
I am going to put off BL2 for a while since i have so much to play right now. Once I started BL2, it would consume me and everything else would fall to the wayside. I was sooooo addicted to BL1 it wasn't even funny
If you have Jessica Alba waiting for you in your bed, why spend time kissing Kelly Osbourne?
Old 09-18-12, 10:21 AM
wlj

I don't think my wife would be happy with me doing either one of those
Old 09-18-12, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wlj
Starman -- You have to pay $10 to join the closed beta. Or did you pay and not get your invite? Eventually the game will be "open beta" which will be playable by everyone. However it is unknown when that will be. I think they have contests so you can win beta keys, but you will just have to check the website.

it is well worth the $10
Yeah, I just meant the mention that there would be more open beta invites or something. I may be misremembering. Titan Quest really filled the niche for me so I didn't miss it, fortunately. Now it's behind BL2 and Torchlight 2 and then Halo 4, so it's going to be a long time until I return.
Old 09-18-12, 12:23 PM
wlj

Originally Posted by starman9000
Yeah, I just meant the mention that there would be more open beta invites or something. I may be misremembering. Titan Quest really filled the niche for me so I didn't miss it, fortunately. Now it's behind BL2 and Torchlight 2 and then Halo 4, so it's going to be a long time until I return.

maybe they will have Act 3 released by the time you return. i don't think that is too far down the line.
Old 09-18-12, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Oddly enough, Torchlight released the same day as Borderlands.

Can't wait to play this game. I've pretty much had my fill of Diablo III.
Old 09-18-12, 03:19 PM
wlj

Originally Posted by foxdvd
If you have Jessica Alba waiting for you in your bed, why spend time kissing Kelly Osbourne?

damn you willpower(and Jessica Alba)!! I just bought Borderlands 2 on my lunch hour.

Old 09-18-12, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 09-18-12, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Free download of the game's soundtrack at http://www.torchlight2game.com/
Old 09-21-12, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Only had a chance to play for 45 minutes last night, but had a lot of fun. Items were dropping left and right. Even got a unique. Only had one drop in all the time I was playing Diablo III.
Old 09-21-12, 02:09 PM
wlj

i plan on getting some time in over the weekend. my steam id is greywolfsif3050
Old 09-21-12, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

I'm liking what I've played so far, but I really don't like the fact that you can only "unspec" the last 3 points you invested. I've got 6 unused points right now, because I don't know what to put them in. And since I don't want to screw it up, I'm going to have to check out the FAQ or something to find the optimal spec, instead of just trying stuff and having fun.
I hope they change that.
Old 09-23-12, 06:22 PM
wlj

This game is freaking amazing. I have spent about 10 hours with it and loved every second of it. It is like the "Antidiablo". Most everything D3 has done wrong it does right.

I put around 10 hours into TL2 this weekend and man oh man it is an amazing game. I am actually shocked at how much i am loving it. I thought the original was ok but not great. Well TL2 is a great game. I have spent around 90% of the time just playing by myself and the remainder with some of my online buddies.

I have spent around 150 hours playing Diablo 3. I have definitely gotten my money's worth out of D3, but Patch 1.03 made me quit. Yes I know they released 1.04 which improved things, but it was just too little to late for me. Hopefully Blizzard will do something to bring me back in a few months, but I did get my money's worth so I can't b*tch about it too much.

So far I think Torchlight 2 mops the floor with Diablo 3 to be honest with you. That could change later, but that is my opinion right now. It is absolutely gorgeous to look at and runs like a deer on my middle of the road laptop. The combat is fun and I love the class I am playing right now -- the engineer. I love tossing out my healing bot and gun bot and bashing enemies heads in with a enormous wrench. The switching off to my huge cannon and taking guys out with that. It is so refreshing finding good loot. I am so used to finding absolutely nothing worthwhile in D3 (in game). The auction house was the only place I could find things. I only found 4 legendaries over my time with it and ZERO set items. Uniques and set items drop more in TL2 which keeps me coming back for more. The environments and dungeons are alot more diverse in TL2 and everything looks new and fresh. There are quite a few interesting boss fights that are quite epic and I am only toward the end of Act 2. As far as the story goes I have no clue what is going on, I skip through alot of the conversations. I didn't care about D3's story either. I just want to play the game. I love having the pets. I have a cat that is a powerhouse that casts all kinds of spells and gives me alot of support. Not only can you send him to sell loot, but you can give him a shopping list.

Last edited by wlj; 09-24-12 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-23-12, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I also don't like the 3 pt respec, considering there are no real guides/spec builds.

On that note, anyone have a a good build for a berserker?
Old 09-23-12, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
I also don't like the 3 pt respec, considering there are no real guides/spec builds.
It sounds like there's a console mode you can enable, and then reset your skills that way, but then you get marked as a "cheater" for multiplayer modes.
Old 09-23-12, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I play mostly solo anyways so I'm good. thanks!
Old 10-18-12, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How do people feel about the game now?

I am downloading the demo to give it a try before buying it.
Old 12-12-12, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally booted this one up. Having a blast so far, though it has been terribly easy on Normal. Loving the Easter eggs (sadly the buffalo bill mask wasn't as good as the set I already had).

Haven't really taken advantage of the engineers special abilities yet, as I focused more on the fighting specs. I need to look into that gun bot.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.