Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-14, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Agh, I want this but I have too many other games to play first.
Old 12-01-14, 02:06 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Made a go at my first dragon and got my ass kicked. Had her down to under 10% health and just had no potions left... (I am level 10 by the way)

Ill get her later though..that bitch
Old 12-01-14, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Can someone give me some reviews and insight on the co-op part of the game...like how is it and is the co-op for all parts of the game, certain parts, etc....

I (actually two of us)originally was going to get AC:Unity but still hearing bugs and other issues and now see this at $45 and the overall reviews have been stellar. We're playing Far Cry 4 now but the co-op part has been a disappointment. The next game up is Dying Light which is two months away.
Old 12-01-14, 11:03 PM
gamer for life

If you plan on playing just two people make sure you play online. You don't want to try it with just 2 because it is very hard. It is a lot of fun, but I fear the lack of maps will hurt the long term play. Just 3 different tile sets and each mission takes 15 minutes. If you love the leveling up you will enjoy it, outside that I felt it did not offer enough.

I messed around with my party, and set all the combo skills as priority on my party. Now without micro managing them, they are setting up my main wizards detonators left and right. The nightmare explosion is insane...even at level 11 I am doing 3000 plus damage on one simple spell when it goes off...and if the enemy dies he is out of the fight for 10 seconds. By picking sleep on my rogue and setting that skill as his main attack, he runs around setting up sleep and I follow him with my blade which is a detonator that causes nightmare.
Old 12-02-14, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Okay so I only played about 15 hours of Dragon Age Origins and I never played Dragon Age II. That said, do I need to do anything with Dragon Age Keep? I barely even remember Origins so I don't *need* to have the few decisions I made imported.

So is Keep a requirement? Or will Inquisition start with a "default" state of the world?
Old 12-02-14, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any guides on how to spec your characters? what skills to choose?
Old 12-02-14, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
Okay so I only played about 15 hours of Dragon Age Origins and I never played Dragon Age II. That said, do I need to do anything with Dragon Age Keep? I barely even remember Origins so I don't *need* to have the few decisions I made imported.

So is Keep a requirement? Or will Inquisition start with a "default" state of the world?
The Keep is not a requirement. It just adds 'flavor'
Old 12-02-14, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by timewaster
any guides on how to spec your characters? what skills to choose?
I haven't seen any indepth guides, if you see one, please send it my way

Anyways, about 30 hours in and loving it, yeah there have been a few glitches/issues but nothing game breaking.

I'm doing casual, as I haven't really figured out 'tactics' yet.

I LOVE that you don't have to repair your weapons/armor, that was always annoying in other RPG games.

Also 'loot' in people's homes/other buildings when you take it is not considered stealing.

Also its annoying to unequip weapoins/armor to modify them.
Old 12-02-14, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
The Keep is not a requirement. It just adds 'flavor'
good to know, thanks!

I looked through the keep and its kinda confusing and doesn't really give any backstory. Did person X live or die? Well, I know nothing of person x or their backstory or how they played into the dragon age story so I will flip a coin.
Old 12-02-14, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
good to know, thanks!

I looked through the keep and its kinda confusing and doesn't really give any backstory. Did person X live or die? Well, I know nothing of person x or their backstory or how they played into the dragon age story so I will flip a coin.
If you didn't play Dragon Age Origins, don't bother with the Keep. Like you said, it won't make sense and the default story for each DA game is set to have the fewest returning characters possible (within reason), so there's not many "Who the heck is that?" moments.
Old 12-02-14, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is a spoiler for a major quest in haven:

Spoiler:
when you are saving the townspeople, specifically Adan & mineve is there a tip to do this? For some reason mineve after I press A to rescue her, she takes her sweet time to get up and usually gets burned.
Old 12-03-14, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
This is a spoiler for a major quest in haven:

Spoiler:
when you are saving the townspeople, specifically Adan & mineve is there a tip to do this? For some reason mineve after I press A to rescue her, she takes her sweet time to get up and usually gets burned.
I don't remember doing anything special in that situation.
Old 12-03-14, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm enjoying this; it reminds me a lot of the first game. But I feel a little overwhelmed… there's so much to do and the areas are so large.
Old 12-03-14, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
I'm enjoying this; it reminds me a lot of the first game. But I feel a little overwhelmed… there's so much to do and the areas are so large.
there was an article, if you are still in the hinterlands GTFO lol.
Old 12-04-14, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So I was about 10 hours in as a sword and shield character on hard. I had never played a warrior before in one of these games and wanted to give it a try.

Dull, low DPS, and not suited to this particular game. I restarted as a dual dagger rogue on nightmare. Game is much easier!

One of the issues was trying to disrupt rifts while enemies were attacking. As a warrior, enemies swarm you and make that difficult. As a rogue, piece of cake. Plus, rogues can deal way more damage. I realized this on my initial playthrough when I switched to Varric and did about 1000 damage to an enemy using a special attack. With my warrior I typically only did about 10% of that. Also, guarding all the time to draw enemies is bo-o-oring.

Having a much better time this go around!
Old 12-05-14, 12:13 AM
gamer for life

40 hours.

I love the cool slow mo spin effect when you pull off a massive combo. It does not happen early in the game and so when it starts to work itself into the game late it just adds to the experience.

I have been playing on hard, but once you get to about level 10 the game just becomes easy. I feel like I need to finish this run, but I look forward to my nightmare run. Honestly the only hard fight so far was the first time I fought a dragon and the first true boss at around level 7.
Old 12-05-14, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

just started this last night and only about an hour in. I've only made one decision so far but almost everything I say seems to meet with disapproval from the head chick with the black hair, haha.

I went with an elf rogue and I'll admit I chose the dual wield dagger after seeing what Breakfast With Girls said. I was deciding between that and a rogue archer anyway. I also have the game on normal mode and don't find it too difficult yet. That is good though because I don't want to spend a lot of time dying in battle and replaying sections in a game that is supposed to be 90 hours long already!

So far I like it. I may wikipedia some backstory on the previous two games...I remember "the fade" and not much else from Origins.
Old 12-05-14, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Having ran into this last night I will say that terror demons on nightmare are, well, a nightmare. They're the tall, thin ones that can travel underground and have an AOE attack that slows and damages you. Get three of these things together and they will just dry hump you to death. Once I get Dispel for Solas it should be more manageable, though. (If you didn't know, you can dispel the rift enemy portals to kill them for full experience.)
Old 12-05-14, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So I was about 10 hours in as a sword and shield character on hard. I had never played a warrior before in one of these games and wanted to give it a try.

Dull, low DPS, and not suited to this particular game. I restarted as a dual dagger rogue on nightmare. Game is much easier!

One of the issues was trying to disrupt rifts while enemies were attacking. As a warrior, enemies swarm you and make that difficult. As a rogue, piece of cake. Plus, rogues can deal way more damage. I realized this on my initial playthrough when I switched to Varric and did about 1000 damage to an enemy using a special attack. With my warrior I typically only did about 10% of that. Also, guarding all the time to draw enemies is bo-o-oring.

Having a much better time this go around!
Yeah do not go sword/shield. I went 2H Warrior DPS attack, Cassandra is awesome at tanking/taunting to get the baddies going after her while I close the rifts
Old 12-07-14, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am about 7 hours in and I always wanted to do one more silly sidequest but its time to GTFO of the Hinterlands, haha. I can definitely see how you would get lost in there. This game really reminds me of Skyrim. Even the little sound it makes when you discover a new area is pretty close to the same.

I do appreciate the fact that even doing the sidequests earn you the SP points you need to unlock new areas...so even the small tasks like returning a wedding ring or getting a sick person a potion help to advance the main story in some abstract way.

I really...really...really wish there were an "optimum" setting for equipping the characters. Every time I open a loot chest I feel like I have to go through all the character's weapons and armor to see if what I just picked up is a few points stronger that what they currently have.
Old 12-07-14, 05:27 PM
gamer for life

does anyone know if you can still play the game after you beat it?
Old 12-07-14, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by foxdvd
does anyone know if you can still play the game after you beat it?
I don't know from personal experience (only 50 hours in) but I've read that you can continue your quests after the main storyline is over like they've done in their previous games.

Totally enjoying the game. I did exploit the influence trick however to get all the Inquisition perks I wanted.
Old 12-07-14, 11:23 PM
gamer for life

to answer my own question on if you can still play the game after you beat the main story
Spoiler:
yes you can
It even tells you this when you pick the last mission.

Game of the Year. I still have a desire and need to play this for probably another 20 hours. I finished with about 60 hours, but there is so much left to do.

I have also found the MP to be much more enjoyable than I thought it would be. I probably have 10 hours in that alone. It suffers from only 3 maps but it is so much fun when you are with a good group.
Old 12-08-14, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

After accidentally DELETING my nightmare character 6 hours in (sinking feeling...) I went ahead and redid the first part of the game plus about half the Hinterlands for the THIRD time and got back to where I was. Went ahead and finished out the Hinterlands, minus a few things you are clearly supposed to come back and do at higher levels (uh, dragon). So I think it's safe to say that I've spent more time in that area than anyone should have to.
Old 12-08-14, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After accidentally DELETING my nightmare character 6 hours in (sinking feeling...) I went ahead and redid the first part of the game plus about half the Hinterlands for the THIRD time and got back to where I was. Went ahead and finished out the Hinterlands, minus a few things you are clearly supposed to come back and do at higher levels (uh, dragon). So I think it's safe to say that I've spent more time in that area than anyone should have to.
Ouch, how did you accidentally delete the character? Even if you deleted your save file by accident, shouldn't there have been an autosave you could have pulled up?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.