Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Crysis 3...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-13, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 643 Likes on 495 Posts
Re: Crysis 3...

Originally Posted by Rob V
I'm definitely not feeling this game. I'm only two levels in (of 6 or 7 I think) and it's a chore. I plan to quickly finish and sell it back. At least I got $20 credit from Amazon... but I cannot recommend this game as of right now.
What don't you like about it?
Old 02-21-13, 09:44 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm definitely not feeling this game. I'm only two levels in (of 6 or 7 I think) and it's a chore. I plan to quickly finish and sell it back. At least I got $20 credit from Amazon... but I cannot recommend this game as of right now.
I just finished chapter 2 and I can sort of see what you are saying...it has not grabbed me like Crysis 1 or 2 did....but the game is amazing looking, and I think it is going to continue to get better...
Old 02-21-13, 09:45 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by RocShemp
for me it just sort of feels like a really long tutorial at this point...it is hard to explain really....controls are amazing...game runs smooth....

I did read a lot of reviews that say the game does not get good until chapter 3.....
Old 02-21-13, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 385 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
It's hard to explain... maybe it's the unlikeable character Psycho you follow around or maybe it's the annoying as fuck CEPH monsters or maybe it's the lack of real functionality of the cross-bow (I take forever to hit my target unless he's standing still).
Old 02-21-13, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I have to agree. According to the achievements I'm a chapter away from finishing. It's been okay. Not bad but not great. Now I just want to finish it up to be done.
I sure hope March is a better month than February's let down has been. I loved Dead Space, but Aliens and now this is kinda disappointing . I don't have super high hopes for Tomb Raider, but Gears and Bioshock better be good.
Old 02-21-13, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I labored thru level 3 tonight... It was better but felt artificially long due to TONS of walking thru the jungle without any enemy or task for long periods. The graphics are great but the enemy AI is either super dumb or super soldier. Like Barth I just want this done.
Old 02-21-13, 09:56 PM
gamer for life

done with level 3 and yes this game is a big letdown for me....They ruined the stealth in the game...basically enemies stay looking in your general direction at all times..if you cloak and flank them, they magically turn toward your position and move forward...there really is no way in taking out a huge group of enemies unless you wait for a LONG time which takes away one of my favorite things from the first two games...

also level design seemed to be an afterthought...very poorly done...

Last edited by foxdvd; 02-22-13 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-21-13, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,276 Likes on 4,294 Posts

You all are making me think seriously about returning my unopened copy to Best Buy. Combined with their new elimination of the after-purchase price match, I don't think I want this game for $45. Especially since I get to keep the preorder bonus (Crysis) even if I return the game. Maybe I'll just wait until it's $20.
Old 02-22-13, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by foxdvd
done with level 3 and yes this game is a big letdown for me....They ruined the stealth in the game...basically enemies stay looking in your general direction at all times..if you cloak and flank them, they magically turn toward your position and move forward...there really is no way in taking out a huge group of enemies unless you wait for a LONG time which takes away one of my favorite things from the first two games...

also level design seemed to be an afterthought...very poorly done...
Point on... my "favorite" part of Level 3 was the liner path down the cat-walk to a group of about 12 enemies. Not only did they continue to shoot me as I was cloacked and ducking behind cover, they then proceeded to run, single file, up the stairs one by one and I picked them off like the British.
Old 02-22-13, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Point on... my "favorite" part of Level 3 was the liner path down the cat-walk to a group of about 12 enemies. Not only did they continue to shoot me as I was cloacked and ducking behind cover, they then proceeded to run, single file, up the stairs one by one and I picked them off like the British.
Ugh! That sounds really bad.
Old 02-22-13, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Just wrapped up the entire campaign last night. Total playtime 4:30:14. The story honestly felt like MGS2: Sons of Liberty towards the end there.
Old 02-22-13, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you guys should increase the difficulty if its to easy.
Old 02-22-13, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Raising the difficulty won't help. The problem is actually how the enemy AI was programmed. I played it on the hardest setting. You can literally run around a building and let them get stuck in walls. Or if you run up stairs they often can't follow. This applies to the bosses as well. I really liked the game, I'm just pointing that out.

Last edited by starseed1981; 02-22-13 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-22-13, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Well looks like I won't be finishing this one. I got to the final boss, died, reloaded, game froze. Rinse and repeat two more times. I gave up. It was a hard freeze to, no going back to the dashboard. Had to turn off my 360 and turn it back on. The game's not worth the trouble.
Reading the forums at 360achievements looks like I'm not the only one to experience this. One guy said he got around it by playing the entire last level from the start. No way.
I just rented this so I'll take it back today and wait for a patch. If I even care by then.
Old 02-22-13, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Barth
Well looks like I won't be finishing this one. I got to the final boss, died, reloaded, game froze. Rinse and repeat two more times. I gave up. It was a hard freeze to, no going back to the dashboard. Had to turn off my 360 and turn it back on. The game's not worth the trouble.
Reading the forums at 360achievements looks like I'm not the only one to experience this. One guy said he got around it by playing the entire last level from the start. No way.
I just rented this so I'll take it back today and wait for a patch. If I even care by then.
Fricking ridiculous
Old 02-22-13, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a casual gamer here, but saw the Crysis 3 beta available on PSN the first week of February and it looked interesting. I downloaded it, logged in and got killed by another member in under two minutes. Tried it two more times with the same result. Having not played the prior Crysis releases, I thought it was odd that there was no explanation of the controls (the graphics were very impressive I might add.)

I then tried to log into the beta again last night and it wouldn't allow it. Now I have found out that the beta period is over, as it lasted only 14 days. wtf? I guess I'll have to rent it at redbox now to try out the single player mode, but the reviews posted so far aren't encouraging. Is a 14 day beta uncommon?
It seems like poor marketing to me, unless you were already familiar with the prior releases.
Old 02-22-13, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 451 Likes on 316 Posts

Looks like I'll just wait 'till the first update to play.
Old 02-22-13, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,276 Likes on 4,294 Posts

Originally Posted by tofferman
I'm a casual gamer here, but saw the Crysis 3 beta available on PSN the first week of February and it looked interesting. I downloaded it, logged in and got killed by another member in under two minutes. Tried it two more times with the same result. Having not played the prior Crysis releases, I thought it was odd that there was no explanation of the controls (the graphics were very impressive I might add.)

I then tried to log into the beta again last night and it wouldn't allow it. Now I have found out that the beta period is over, as it lasted only 14 days. wtf? I guess I'll have to rent it at redbox now to try out the single player mode, but the reviews posted so far aren't encouraging. Is a 14 day beta uncommon?
It seems like poor marketing to me, unless you were already familiar with the prior releases.
That's why it's called a Beta. If it were to continue, it would have been a Multiplayer Demo.
Old 02-23-13, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Reached level 5 last night and after the opening intro to the level I couldn't put Proohets visor down... So I couldn't choose a weapon or pickup ammo or data logs. To circumnavigate this, I just run like the wind from check point to check point without running into a single enemy. I get to the 4th checkpoint and the level "starts"... I can now put down my visor and aim a weapon. However, I ran past 5 objectives in the process and would need to start over.

That's when I removed the disc from my Xbox, put it back in the case and mumbled "fuck this game". It's off to GameStop for 50% bonus credit. Crysis 3 can suck a bag of dicks... It's literally broken.
Old 02-24-13, 12:13 AM
gamer for life

my friend had a glitch where he had no ammo for any guns and his bow was gone...had to restart a level...

I on the other hand have started to finally enjoy the game...chapters 4 and 5 were way better than 1-3. I have been taking my time...looking for intel without using a guide...and I am at 6.5 hours just starting chapter 6...
Old 02-24-13, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Just started the game. Had a glitch on level 1. Visor did not show door hack. Wasted 30 minutes running around thinking I was the idiot.
Old 02-24-13, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 918 Likes on 651 Posts

I had a half dozen glitches in 2, so I'm expecting nothing less when I finally get around to playing this one.
Old 02-24-13, 07:29 PM
gamer for life

finished on veteran....8 hours 4 minutes...got every intel without using a guide...

Chapters 4-7 are so much better than 1-3 they should have just thrown the first 3 out of the game and sold this at 19.99...really enjoyed the game at the end...
Old 02-25-13, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Beat it on PS3 in 2 sittings on easy. I enjoyed levels 1-3 a lot more than the rest of the game. The bow hunting in the grass, IMO, was more fun than all the sci-fi at the end. The more the game went on, the less I was enjoying it. I experienced zero glitches though.
Old 02-25-13, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 643 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
The story honestly felt like MGS2: Sons of Liberty towards the end there.
Ouch. Is it really that bad?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.