Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Path of Exile (F2P Diablo Clone)

Old 03-13-19, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Path of Exile (F2P Diablo Clone)

Finally...a release date for PoE coming to the PS4..... https://www.playstationlifestyle.net...aled/#/slide/1

As previously promised, Path of Exile’s PlayStation 4 release date has been unveiled approximately two weeks ahead of launch. The action role-playing game will hit the platform later this month on March 26th. Hopefully, this new launch date will actually stick. Initially, the title was meant to release on the PS4 in December 2018. However, certification issues resulted in a delay to February 2019. A subsequent delay then pushed Path of Exile’s PS4 launch to March.

On March 26th Grinding Gear Games will also launch Path of Exile’s newest expansion on PS4, Synthesis, which has already gone live for PC and Xbox One. This update adds a whole host of new content to the action RPG. For instance, new items, gems, and a rebalance spells across the game serve as but a few examples.
Old 03-19-19, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Signed on on PC just before Synthesis started. Then found out it was on XBox One - vastly prefer couch play to desk play. Will likely get it on PS4 too (just like Diablo 3). Great game!
Old 03-20-19, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by stingo View Post
Signed on on PC just before Synthesis started. Then found out it was on XBox One - vastly prefer couch play to desk play. Will likely get it on PS4 too (just like Diablo 3). Great game!

I'm going to hope that this new League is not going to give newer players on the PS4 a bit of a sour taste. I jump in on the official forums from time-to-time and seems both PC and Xbox One players are having issues...both technical in terms of frame rates and loading to just the game itself. I've got a few friends who love Diablo and have seen PoE mentioned and are wanting to give it a try on the PS4. I hope that Synthesis will not be too much and too complicated as starting out in PoE.

But I did tell them this will be like playing Diablo the first time when it came out on consoles...it was all new and lots to learn and soak in because we didn't have Console Veterans to fall back on....just read what PC Players were saying and doing. Looking forward to it....