Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gears of War: Judgement

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-13, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 214 Likes on 187 Posts
Re: Gears of War: Judgement

<iframe src="http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/19/the-guts-of-gears-of-war-judgment-multiplayer" width="468" height="263" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-19-13, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I think both Gears and Bioshock will make up for a lackluster Feb. I didn't think they could make GOW 3 any better and now this...wow
Old 02-20-13, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I haven't watched a lot of videos, but everyone is saying great things. This is my favorite series this generations. I have probably played more than 1000 hours between the 3 games.
Old 02-25-13, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am surprised that they aren't releasing a limited edition / collector's edition. I also hate all these damn store specific preorder bonuses... Did they ever release all the preorder skins from Gears 3 on the marketplace? I ended up buying / trading for them all when gears 3 first came out.
Old 02-25-13, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea, I'm kind of surprised at no Limnited or Special Edition but they may have said enough of this special editions and let everyone just enjoy the game as a whole which that's the way it should be. I'm sure we'll get map packs and such and no matter everyone will probably get them.
Old 02-25-13, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Yea, I'm kind of surprised at no Limnited or Special Edition but they may have said enough of this special editions and let everyone just enjoy the game as a whole which that's the way it should be. I'm sure we'll get map packs and such and no matter everyone will probably get them.
Yeah, they will most likely have another season pass
Old 02-25-13, 12:40 PM

I made a list of preorder bonuses.
Spoiler:
Amazon
Classic Hammerburst
Young Dom Skin

Best Buy
Classic Hammerburst
Anya Skin
$20 reward certificate (must be part of reward zone unlocked which costs $15/year)

Gamestop
Classic Hammerburst
Young Marcus Skin
Lambent Weapon Skin
Early Access to OverRun mode

Microsoft Store
Classic Hammerburst
Alex Brand Skin
1600 MS Points

Target
Nothing

Walmart
Classic Hammerburst
Choice of Gears of war 2 or 3

Last edited by Krayzie; 02-25-13 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-25-13, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you already own the past two games, Microsoft Store for the 1600 MS Points.

If you don't own the past two games, Wal-mart as you're (technically) getting three games for the price of one.
Old 02-25-13, 01:00 PM

I am probably going with Best Buy. I should have worded the last post better as I was just letting everyone know what the preorder bonses were.
Old 02-25-13, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll probably do Gamestop...they have weapon skin, classic hamerburst and Young Marcus. Pretty much everyone has the skins but who knows; they might throw some more goodies out second or last week to launch. Doubt seriously $20 credits but again who knows
Old 02-25-13, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Already preordered from BB because of the $20 rewards cert.
Old 02-27-13, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gears of War: Judgment VIP Pass Discounts Map DLC

When Gears of War: Judgment releases on March 19, Epic Games will sell a VIP pass for $20/1600 Microsoft Points.

The pass permanently doubles your XP earnings and gives players early access to two expansion packs, which include six new multiplayer maps, two modes, five weapon skins, and four armor skins.

If you don't want to spend money on downloadable content, Execution mode will be available for free on April 2, alongside a new map, Haven.

Microsoft and Epic describe Execution as follows:

"In Execution mode, the objective of each team is to kill all members of the enemy team before the time limit runs out. The catch? Unless hit with a one-shot kill weapon like the Booshka, players go into a “Down But Not Out” state and will revive at the end of the bleed-out timer instead of dying. To finish the job, perform an Execution on a downed enemy."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...counts-map-dlc
Old 02-27-13, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The double XP for season pass buyers is a smart marketing tactic.
Old 02-27-13, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Does anyone know how that Gamestop early access to Overrun is going to work? I pre-ordered there but didn't ask about it when I did. Do I have to go in to the store and get a code or something?
Old 02-28-13, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by MoviePage
The double XP for season pass buyers is a smart marketing tactic.
I find it odd that it only includes two expansion packs when it's only 800 points cheaper than the gears 3 season pass which included 4 expansion packs...
Old 02-28-13, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They won't have time to release more packs... because of the new Xbox. I mean, yes they can, but most of the effort will be switched once Microsoft makes the announcement.
Old 02-28-13, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Raul3
They won't have time to release more packs... because of the new Xbox. I mean, yes they can, but most of the effort will be switched once Microsoft makes the announcement.
I hope one of the packs is a campaign addon.

Isn't the free execution mode already part of the other gears games?
Old 02-28-13, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thank U MAXIM

Gears of War: Judgment to Get Free DLC Courtesy of Maxim

Gears of War: Judgment will be receiving some free DLC shortly after its launch this March, thanks to a sponsorship deal with men's magazine, Maxim. As detailed by the mag on its official site, the content will add a new map called Haven, and the Execution mode for free.

Here's the details:

Haven: Formerly a tropical oasis, this ancient monastery in the Azura mountains is now a frozen wasteland, thanks to the tectonic shifts on Planet Sera. Featuring an asymmetrical circular layout, the map is a guaranteed blast - all paths lead back to the center, so no matter which route you take, you're going to be embroiled in a fast-paced, hectic battle.
Execution Mode: In Execution Mode, the objective of each team is to kill all members of the enemy team before the time limit runs out. The catch? Unless hit with a one-shot kill weapon like the Booshka, players go into a "Down But Not Out" state and will revive at the end of the bleed-out timer instead of dying. To finish the job, perform an Execution on a downed enemy.
You'll be able to get your mitts on the free Maxim DLC for Gears of War: Judgment from April 2nd. The game itself meanwhile is out on March 19th in North America and March 22nd in Europe, with a VIP Season Pass offering six multiplayer maps, two new modes, permanent double XP boost and various skins for 1600 MSP.

Look out for a new Gears of War: Judgment hands-on preview next week.

[Via CVG]
Old 03-02-13, 10:27 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hard to get excited about a 'free DLC mode' that was just part of the standard package before.
Old 03-04-13, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gears of War: Judgment Features an Unlockable Second Campaign, First Vid Here

Gears of War: Judgment will feature an unlockable extra campaign called Aftermath, detailing some of Baird and Cole’s unseen exploits from Gear of War 3.

The campaign takes place during the same timeline as the section in Epic Games’ threequel where protagonist Marcus is taking out the Locust Queen. But it’s only available via an unlock.

To access the mini-campaign, players must earn a certain number of stars, which you can earn in the main campaign by murdering in style - pulling off headshots and executions.

<iframe id="viddler-f470040a" src="//www.viddler.com/embed/f470040a/?f=1&offset=0&autoplay=0&secret=22535140&disablebranding=0&view_secret=22535140" width="545" height="349" frameborder="0" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...-Vid-Here.html
Old 03-05-13, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I like the idea. Kind of expanding and branching out to other parts and highlighting other characters. I also like it that's it's not a "gimme"...something you have to earn.

I have two online friends who told me a few days ago they are taking off the 19th to play and I laughed; something I've never done. I'm now considering using a sick day at work to join so we can all start the campaign together. Hard to say this will rival GOW3 but it'll add more flavor to the Gears universe.
Old 03-08-13, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just some interesting news...

Former Epic Games president Mike Capps parts ways with studio

Former Epic Games president Mike Capps has announced he is leaving his advisory role within the studio, and will no longer be affiliated with the prominent developer

Capps had held his advisory role since December 2012, when he stood down as Epic Games president.

"When we announced that I wanted to transition out of my leadership role at Epic, the plan was for a continued but less active role, service on the board of directors, and ideally, being that eccentric semi-retired guy who still comes to playtests and gold parties," said Capps on his Facebook page.

"I’m sad to say that plans have changed, and as of February 11th, I’m no longer affiliated with Epic Games. I have many wonderful memories of my time at Epic, and I wish my friends there all the best in their future projects."

Capps intends to remain part of the video game industry, but is now focusing on family.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/former-...studio-6405042

First Cliffy B....then Ferguson and now Capps

On Ferguson...

Rod Fergusson Leaves Epic; Joins Irrational Games To Help Finish Bioshock Infinite...Aug 2012

Rod Fergusson has left Epic Games to join Irrational Games in order to help them finish BioShock Infinite. The senior producer on Gears of War 2 and executive producer on Gears of War 3 confirmed the move via Twitter. Fergusson spent almost 8 years at Epic Games and prior to that he spent 10 years working at Microsoft as a program manager.

This good news, for BioShock fans anyway, comes on top of the pile of bad news we've heard about Infinite lately. We recently learned that two key senior members of the creative team, Tim Gerritsen and Nate Wells, left the company. We also learned that two multiplayer modes had to be cut from the game, an area that Fergusson will definitely be able to help out with.

Fergusson’s only comment on his new project was, “I’ve played Infinite and it’s amazing! Can’t wait for you guys to get your hands on it.”

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...hock-infinite/
Old 03-14-13, 07:34 AM

lol the day after I drop $15 on best buy's gamer unlocked and preorder Gears, I win a freaking copy from the Lipton contest. Damn you Lipton for not letting me win 24 hours ago!
Old 03-14-13, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sweet!
Old 03-15-13, 07:28 AM

I played a round of Overrun last night. It was okay. I could be missing something but I think you're only able to revive someone if you're the medic which I think is kind of stupid...

I played most of the game as a medic on both sides and I found it kind of pointless. Half the time people are getting blown away by shotguns so there is no one to heal or revive.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.