Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Halo 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-12, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Halo 4

Just a heads up, it looks like the Limited Edition might actually be limited like last year's MW3 Hardened Edition since it comes with all the DLC. Amazon, Newegg and Gamestop no longer have it for preorder, but it looks like Best Buy and Walmart still do. Glad I kept my $85 preorder at Newegg.
Old 09-25-12, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Just a heads up, it looks like the Limited Edition might actually be limited like last year's MW3 Hardened Edition since it comes with all the DLC. Amazon, Newegg and Gamestop no longer have it for preorder, but it looks like Best Buy and Walmart still do. Glad I kept my $85 preorder at Newegg.
Old 09-26-12, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,131 Posts

After seeing what the Enemies look like in a special feature, I gotta say...I'm really disappointed. They made it seem like they went all out to bring us something interesting but they just look like any random anime characters with Power Suits.

Oh well...
Old 09-26-12, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
After seeing what the Enemies look like in a special feature, I gotta say...I'm really disappointed.
Are you talking about the Flood Infected Spartans as shown below?

Spoiler:

If so, 343 hasn't confirmed the Flood being involved within the campaign. However, that picture above is from the "Infected" gameplay mode within multiplayer.
Old 09-26-12, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Flood Multiplayer Mode Confirmed for Halo 4
The enemies you love to hate will return.

343 Industries has confirmed that The Flood will return in Halo 4's multiplayer. In a massive set of screenshots released today (which also includes images from single-player, so if you're trying to avoid anything from the campaign, tread carefully), Microsoft showed off The Flood in action, as well as a new map. The Flood will return in a new multiplayer mode called Flood. According to CVG, the mode supports up to 10 players. Two will start out as infected, with the goal of infecting the other players.

343 also showed off new shots of two UNSC vehicles, a troop carrier called Mammoth and a huge mech called the Mantis, as well as a new multiplayer map called Complex.

Separately, during an event at the London Film Museum in Covent Garden last night, 343’s Frank O’Connor confirmed that Halo 4 is complete and ready for certification. According to Videogamer, O’Connor reported that "We had a big piece of news yesterday back in the office, which is that the game is literally finished at this point. They are handing it off through the various certification processes and that, and we're done. It's been three years of incredibly hard work by about 300 people."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/...med-for-halo-4
Old 09-27-12, 07:09 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 914 Likes on 774 Posts

man, i hate the Flood. can't wait for this!!!
Old 09-27-12, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Are you talking about the Flood Infected Spartans as shown below?

Spoiler:

If so, 343 hasn't confirmed the Flood being involved within the campaign. However, that picture above is from the "Infected" gameplay mode within multiplayer.

Nope. The Prometheans or whatever they're called.
Old 09-27-12, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

and oh, FUCK the Flood.
Old 09-28-12, 04:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vfn0bhN8uLI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-28-12, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
After seeing what the Enemies look like in a special feature, I gotta say...I'm really disappointed. They made it seem like they went all out to bring us something interesting but they just look like any random anime characters with Power Suits.

Oh well...
They look like they're from the Metroid universe which isn't a bad thing. Supposedly there are a few former Metroid devs over at 343 which would explain it too.
Old 10-03-12, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just a heads up for those who are planning on watching the presidential debates. If you watch three of them them live on Xbox, you'll get a free avatar to be used in the game.
Old 10-03-12, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Avatar in Halo? You sure that's not simply an avatar outfit for the dashboard?
Old 10-03-12, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Thinking of skipping this just because it has Flood. I appreciated Reach so much because it didn't have them - but I wasn't sure at first, so the whole time I played Reach, I was dreading that I might run into them. Now that I know Halo 4 has them, it's really taken the wind out the sails for me.
Old 10-03-12, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Avatar in Halo? You sure that's not simply an avatar outfit for the dashboard?
Whoops. You're right.
Old 10-03-12, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
Thinking of skipping this just because it has Flood. I appreciated Reach so much because it didn't have them - but I wasn't sure at first, so the whole time I played Reach, I was dreading that I might run into them. Now that I know Halo 4 has them, it's really taken the wind out the sails for me.
It's just in multiplayer, isn't it?
Old 10-03-12, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah only confirmed in multiplayer infection. It hasn't been confirmed as being in single player yet. I think the new flood designs are pretty badass so it wouldn't bother me if they were in single player at some point.
Old 10-05-12, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Halo 4's Flood Mode Detailed

343 Industries has lifted the lid on one of Halo 4’s new modes, a twist on Infection which pits Spartans against the those annoying green bastards the Flood. Unsurprisingly, it’s called Flood Mode.

“Flood is the spiritual successor to Infection, a fan-favorite game type from Halo 3 and Reach,” explains a new post over on Halo Waypoint. “Our goal was to recreate it and push the mode to be new and different from previous versions.”

“As both War Games and Spartan Ops fit within the fiction of the UNSC Infinity, we wanted to use Halo fiction in this mode too, which led to us to create the Flood form in Multiplayer. Flood-converted humans are much faster and focus on melee attacks, so they were a natural fit for Infection’s successor.”

“Halo 4’s Flood mode is a round-based, ten-player game. It is a true asymmetric experience with the added twist of dynamic teams; this really changes things up as each game is different, especially in the incredibly intense and high-action final seconds.”

“At the beginning of each round, two players spawn as Flood forms and eight players spawn as Survivors. Survivors are standard Spartans equipped with shotguns and magnums, while Flood move very quickly and can only use a melee attack.”

“When a Survivor gets killed by a Flood, the Survivor will convert and respawn as a Flood. The round ends if a Survivor makes it to 3:00 or if all players are converted to Flood.”

In addition to this slew of new info, 343 Industries also released a rundown of the medals up for grabs. You can find them below.

Flood Conversion
Convert a Spartan to the Flood

Alpha Conversion
Convert a Spartan to the Flood as an Alpha

Infector
Kill 2 Spartans in a row as a Flood without dying

Carrier
Kill 3 Spartans in a row as a Flood without dying

Juggernaut
Kill 4 Spartans in a row as a Flood without dying

Gravemind
Kill ALL Spartans in a row as a Flood without dying

Flood Kill
Kill a Flood

Flood Kill Assist
Assist killing a Flood

Flood Hunter
Kill 4 Flood in a row as a Spartan without dying

Flood Survivor
Kill 6 Flood in a row as a Spartan without dying

Flood Exterminator
Kill 10 Flood in a row as a Spartan without dying

Last Man Standing
Be the last surviving Spartan

Final Conversion
Kill the last remaining Spartan

Flood Victory
Contribute to the Flood total conversion of all Spartans

Ancient One
Survive the entire round as a Flood and convert at least one Spartan

Clever
Survive the entire round as a Spartan

Old 10-06-12, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by atxbomber
It's just in multiplayer, isn't it?
I didn't know that - seeing the screenshots, I didn't think it was for multiplayer only. Good to know!
Old 10-06-12, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Looks like the pre-order of the Limited is now sold-out at both Walmart and Best Buy as well. Even the offical Halo 4 web site appears to be out. When you click the Limited Edition, you get directed to the MS Store which states "Sorry but the item is currently out-of-stock"

I feel asleep on this thinking it wouldn't go. I wish I knew if more will become available but I doubt it. I'll just have to go with the standard version.

Last edited by K&AJones; 10-06-12 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-06-12, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Target had some last time I checked.
Old 10-07-12, 07:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BfJVgXBfSH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-07-12, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As much as I want to watch that, I think I'll wait and watch the extended edition that comes with the limited edition.
Old 10-07-12, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by edstein
Target had some last time I checked.

In store?....online shows sold-out...like everyone else.
Old 10-07-12, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
They look like they're from the Metroid universe which isn't a bad thing. Supposedly there are a few former Metroid devs over at 343 which would explain it too.
Wow, really? Makes a lot of sense since I HATED the generic shit design for the Metroid aliens. I'm guessing that was the Wii version? Yep, HATED them...and the game.

Anyway, I mean we've 'waited' all these years to see these Aliens in Halo 4 and this is what we got.

Huh, go figure....
Old 10-07-12, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I went by BB to trade in some DVD's and pre-order Prometheus 3D. I checked there, Walmart and a Target....all sold-out of the Limited version.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.