Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-13, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 292 Likes on 184 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

I love killing boosters.
Old 02-21-13, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 386 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Let's say I want to help you boost levels quickly. I would run tac insert when I'm on the opposite team and re-spawn in front of you so you could kill me over and over again thus getting huge killstreaks, knife and shield challenges that are normally a bitch, camo awards, headshots, etc.

Unless of course, you're just being sarcastic and then I feel like a dope for responding.
No, I wasn't being sarcastic I never cease to be amazed by people who do this type of shit or figure out how to glitch the AGR care package, etc.
Old 02-21-13, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love boosters. I play hardcore, so I find them, fuck up their whole game, and make my teammate kill me until he's kicked.
Old 02-21-13, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was playing regular deathmatch and two players were boosting, in deathmatch, with the same clan tag. Some people are just stupid. I'd assume they were going after the 30 kills only guns on DM.

On another note, ran combat knife only for a few days to get it gold for whatever reason. Started off really tough but by the end I was consistently going positive and managed to get my first Super Kill with it. Bloodthirstys came a lot quicker than expected. The challenge that took me the longest was killing an enemy, picking up his gun, and then kill him again. Figured that would be easy, not so much.
Old 02-22-13, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm surprised I haven't seen it posted yet but Double XP weekend going on now.
Old 02-22-13, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by shumway
I'm surprised I haven't seen it posted yet but Double XP weekend going on now.
Was just going to post the same. I wasn't even aware of it until
The 2x started showing up during my first match today.
Old 02-22-13, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn right! I just prestiged too so that should get me another one by the end of the weekend if I have a few hours to play.
Old 02-22-13, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flair
I was playing regular deathmatch and two players were boosting, in deathmatch, with the same clan tag. Some people are just stupid. I'd assume they were going after the 30 kills only guns on DM.
I noticed boosters for the first time in this game last weekend. Guy was like 24-1 when I figured out what they were doing. He ended up 25-7.
Old 02-28-13, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Let's say I want to help you boost levels quickly. I would run tac insert when I'm on the opposite team and re-spawn in front of you so you could kill me over and over again thus getting huge killstreaks, knife and shield challenges that are normally a bitch, camo awards, headshots, etc.
That explains some of the crazy shit that I've been seeing the last few weeks. There are idiots going 0-20 basically making my team lose. Also been seeing A LOT of tatical inserts the last few weeks... assholes.
Old 02-28-13, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've encountered a few games recently where someone will join the game and in the matter of a minute or two, they'll be launching VTOL Warships or Lodestars. Literally one right after the other.

I started noticing this last weekend during Double XP and I've had probably close to ten matches where this has occurred, including one this morning before work.
Old 03-01-13, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Daily Clan challenges really need a platinum tier. Only myself and 4 friends even participated in this one and we ended up with 850 confirms in KC tonight and there is still 8 hours left in the challenge.
Old 03-01-13, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

I gotta admit that I completely have forgotten The clan challenges from Elite
Old 03-01-13, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dear lord the MK48 is an absolute beast in this game. After 180+ hours playing this game, I finally decided to try it out. Once you unlock the supressor and dual band scope it's almost unfair how easy it is to mow teams down with it.

I usually never have a problem getting blood thirsty medals, but merciless medals have eluded me for the most part. I think I had three before yesterday and I got 4 in the past day using the MK48. The range on it is crazy, and for some reason it's real easy to pull off headshots with. Probably my favorite gun in the game. I wasn't planning on trying to diamond anything else, but I may have to go for diamond lmgs now.
Old 03-01-13, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just completed diamond LMG last night. The HAMR was my least favorite. The mk48 is indeed a beast as is the LSAT. After running the hammer all night I switched back to those two and just destroyed people. LMG's are easily my favorite gun class in the game. Station yourself in any objective based game type where you have a long range of site and mow down the people running SMG and shotguns while taking out the pesky quickscopers. I get a lot of hate messages and trash talk for running LMG's though.

Been doing a lot of damage with the AGR recently too. If someone isn't spamming emps all match I can get almost as many kills from that as a loadster or dogs without everyone rage quitting.
Old 03-03-13, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like using the light machine guns too. Maxed on MK48 and LSAT. it's a pity we only get 4 in that class.
Old 03-04-13, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

After getting diamond launchers and sniper rifles I am now also working on the diamond LMGs. LSAT and MK48 are both pretty good. MK48 is the first gun where I had a merciless with out nades or bouncing betty kill - strictly gun kills.
Old 03-04-13, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I gave up on LMGs for now I can get tons of kills but the head shots have eluded me. Now that SMG's, Shotguns and Launchers are diamond, Im going to finish up the Sniper rifles and move on to the specials or try my hand again at the LMG's. Going to save Rifles for last. Do you guy always prestige when you can do do you wait a while. Im worried about prestiging too fast where when I get to the max I will still have too many challenges to do to unlock everything.
Old 03-04-13, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm trying my hand at the MK48 now... thanks for giving me a new weapon to obsess over, Obey The D
Old 03-12-13, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Coming from being a longtime PS3 fan. I've jumped ship and play on Xbox now. I also switched from being a Battlefield Diehard to playing CODBOII. I completely suck at this game. It's SO totally different from Battlefield but I'm working on getting better.

FUCKING CAMPERS!!!!!
Old 03-12-13, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DarthVong
Coming from being a longtime PS3 fan. I've jumped ship and play on Xbox now. I also switched from being a Battlefield Diehard to playing CODBOII. I completely suck at this game. It's SO totally different from Battlefield but I'm working on getting better.

FUCKING CAMPERS!!!!!
Can you really camp in the CoD games? There is a killcam and most maps are smaller than my family room. I play to try and achieve my killstreak rewards so while I don't "camp", I don't exactly run around like a fire drill because I'm just not good enough.

BTW, I unlocked the 4-round shotgun the other day... that paired with dual auot-fire pistols is awesome!! Now I have to decide between keeping the shotgun, Scavenger and Bouncing Betty as my next reward when I prestige. I so wish I hadn't kept the AN-94 my first time thru.
Old 03-12-13, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DarthVong

FUCKING CAMPERS!!!!!
Et tu Brute? Why the switch? People here play BOII on PS3...
Old 03-12-13, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not everyone cares for our shenanigans.
Old 03-12-13, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been one challenge away from diamond launchers for three days, the triple kill with the RPG. I did all of the other challenges in maybe an hour, but I don't know how I can possibly get the triple. I've tried everything. Good thing is running around like an idiot with just C4/RPG/combat knife with a bunch of perks can be pretty fun. I'm mainly annoyed that they just patched the easy way of the triple kill.

And I agree that it's tough to camp in black ops 2. The maps are pretty small and I knife snipers in the back all the time when I'm running my combat knife class. Some people can get in a really bitchy spot and have enough team support to sit back the whole time, but most of the time a spawn flip takes care of them. If not, grab an LMG w/target finder, it makes it easy to take them down. Also, if they aren't playing the objectives they won't get a good scorestreak anyway even if they get 7 or 8 kills before getting killed.
Old 03-12-13, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by shumway
Et tu Brute? Why the switch? People here play BOII on PS3...
My son started playing it. Decided to give it a try. Got burned out on BF. Also the Xbox seems to run smoother than the PS3.
Old 03-12-13, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 190 Posts

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Getting Vanity Microtransactions
Available on Xbox 360 this week, PC and PS3 later.

In-game purchases will be coming to the Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II later this week, before being rolled out to the PC and PS3 at a later date.

According to MCV, as of tomorrow you'll be able to buy optional micro-items in the game that Activision’s Dan Amrich calls "either personal customizations or nice little luxuries”, which won't “affect gameplay” but rather offer “small, specific ways to enhance your online experience”.

He goes on to explain, "At the end of the day, all of these items are completely optional, and were created for players who’ve asked for more customization options. If that’s not you, that’s fine; everybody gets Nuketown 2025 for free, so definitely take advantage of that.”

Personalisation Packs, which will cost 160 MS Points each, will offer unique weapon camos, three targeting reticules and a Calling Card. Ten extra Create-a-Class slots will also be available for 160 MS Points, while a Flags of the World Calling Card Packs will set you back 80 MS Points. Rounding out the new items on offer is the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer Zombies map for 400 MS Points.

Activision has confirmed these items will be available on the PC and PS3 versions of the game at a later date; no word as yet on whether the Wii U will be seeing them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/...rotransactions

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.