Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Skylanders, Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-13, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Skylanders, Anyone?

Legendary Lightcore Chill is in the TRU ad for Sunday... I am going to assume that she will be available then? B1G1 50% off on figures as well...

Edit: Apparently she's already out at a lot of TRU stores...

Last edited by Krayzie; 03-07-13 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-07-13, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^Also available online for pre-order. I just sucked it up and did one for $19.82 delivered.

It bites they've also kept their higher price point on the figures... Legendary Lightcore Chill is $12.99. The B1G1 offer wasn't available for the pre order (it *is* on other figures but is B1G1 40% off).
Old 03-08-13, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
^Also available online for pre-order. I just sucked it up and did one for $19.82 delivered.

It bites they've also kept their higher price point on the figures... Legendary Lightcore Chill is $12.99. The B1G1 offer wasn't available for the pre order (it *is* on other figures but is B1G1 40% off).
It will probably apply when it's no longer a preorder. I refuse to order crap from TRU due to their insane shipping charges. I have shoprunner and it doesn't work on the majority of their crap which is pretty stupid.
Old 03-08-13, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Krayzie
It will probably apply when it's no longer a preorder.
Quite possible. I don't know if I'm willing to take that risk just to save *almost* enough to cover shipping... we'll see. If it's in high demand the ability to order may go away very soon.

I refuse to order crap from TRU due to their insane shipping charges. I have shoprunner and it doesn't work on the majority of their crap which is pretty stupid.
There's not a TRU within 100 miles of me so if I want something only they carry (i.e. the Legendaries) then I pretty much have to suck it up and pay. I don't like it and will often try to use a B1G1 or other promotion to somewhat mitigate the additional expense but it doesn't always work. At least I have the satisfaction that it'll probably be at least a bit less than from a MP vendor on Amazon. But I don't know which is worse: TRU's somewhat exhorbitant shipping ($3 would be reasonable but IMHO ~$5.50 is just a bit high for this item) or whorders.
Old 03-08-13, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
There's not a TRU within 100 miles of me so if I want something only they carry (i.e. the Legendaries) then I pretty much have to suck it up and pay. I don't like it and will often try to use a B1G1 or other promotion to somewhat mitigate the additional expense but it doesn't always work. At least I have the satisfaction that it'll probably be at least a bit less than from a MP vendor on Amazon. But I don't know which is worse: TRU's somewhat exhorbitant shipping ($3 would be reasonable but IMHO ~$5.50 is just a bit high for this item) or whorders.
I guess enough people order from tru.com that they don't feel the need to lower their shipping rates.

Edit: Cag posted that target will be doing b2g1 on games and skylander figures (starter packs are excluded). Might be a good time to pick up the jade flashwings if they're still around.

Last edited by Krayzie; 03-08-13 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-08-13, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I found a single Ninjini at Target today, but still haven't seen a jade Flashwing yet. Toys R Us had plenty of Legendary Chill but nothing else I wanted to get the B1G1 40% off.
Old 03-10-13, 09:37 AM

The legendary lightcore chill is a joke. The light up effects on these figures are awful...
Old 03-10-13, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The legendary lightcore chill is a joke. The light up effects on these figures are awful...
Yeah it wasn't anything special. It looked to me like just the base lit up, and since the weapon was clear (and attached to the base) some of the light filtered through.
Old 03-10-13, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

While I've not yet seen the LC Chill I have to agree. The only one we really think looks cool is Prism Break. Swarm and Hot Head had potential but they missed it by lighting up the eyes instead of both hands. I've not yet put Ninjini on the portal (she arrived yesterday) so I don't know about her yet. LC Hex *looks* like she might be cool.

They totally missed the mark on many and it just comes off as a cheap gimmick to part the consumer from a couple more $$. It still goes back to the simple fact that once the figure is on the portal who looks at it?
Old 03-10-13, 11:19 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

FYI, Jade Flashwing is green in game.
Old 03-11-13, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,209 Likes on 4,236 Posts

jade flashwing is available online now

Edit: Picked up two jade flashwings at my local Target. They were completely stocked this time. They had Eyebrawl, Thumpback and Hot Head. I still have yet to see a Hot Dog battlepack at Target.
I found one today on the shelf in my local Target and they tried to ring it up. They said they were unable to sell it until 3/17 and sent me to the manager who refused to either sell me the figure or hold the figure until it was available for purchase. Fucking Target sucks.
Old 03-11-13, 03:17 PM

In happier Skylandrers news, I thought this was funny:

My son had a boy babbysit him for the first time last night. The teenager asked him what he wanted to do, and after basketball and wrestling, my son asked him to "organize his Skylanders collection" The sitter thought "How many figures could he have? 10 or 20?". My son made him get out all his figures, group them all by elements, match each one with the appropriate card and photograph himself with his collection, dsa shea-style. It must have taken him an hour to sort all those figures, poor guy!
Nothing like spreading out the entire collection like that to make mommy say "You spent a fortune on that junk!". Thanks son.
Old 03-11-13, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That actually sounds pretty fun to me.
Old 03-11-13, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
In happier Skylandrers news, I thought this was funny:

My son had a boy babbysit him for the first time last night. The teenager asked him what he wanted to do, and after basketball and wrestling, my son asked him to "organize his Skylanders collection" The sitter thought "How many figures could he have? 10 or 20?". My son made him get out all his figures, group them all by elements, match each one with the appropriate card and photograph himself with his collection, dsa shea-style. It must have taken him an hour to sort all those figures, poor guy!
Nothing like spreading out the entire collection like that to make mommy say "You spent a fortune on that junk!". Thanks son.
Nice!

My wife noticed a couple of months ago just how many of these we have in the game area (all but the more rare chase figures from S1 *plus* 20 or so from S2) *and* found my hidden stash of $3 S1 figures I purchased BF week from Amazon (a dozen or so) and the half dozen S2 that are still put away. Now I get the evil eye *any* time any of us mentions a "new" figure that's been purchased.
Old 03-12-13, 06:15 AM

Ninjini is in stock at Walmart.com ($14.96)...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Skylanders...ersal/21309828

I'm done!

Last edited by Goldberg74; 03-12-13 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-12-13, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^I'd like to say that but we're still waiting on Jade Flashwing and Scarlet Ninjini.

I'm a big fan of Hex so I'll probably pick up the Light Core version as I'd like a second and that one looks like it *could* be pretty cool. Haven't decided yet. Yeah... in spite of my general rants about the LC versions and I *still* think those are a bit overpriced.

My grandson purchased Light Core Shroomboom. It looks pretty cool on the base and in game the mushrooms he throws glow on screen. He's pretty pumped about it...
Old 03-12-13, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Ninjini is in stock at Walmart.com ($14.96)...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Skylanders...ersal/21309828

I'm done!
It was OOS, but just came back in stock. I grabbed one to pick up at my close-by Wally World. Guess I'm done too, but I'll still try to grab a Jade Flashwing once the folks at Target allow me to actually purchase one.
Old 03-13-13, 07:27 AM

At least when it comes out, it'll be b2g1. You can buy 3 figures and return the 2 that you don't need.
Old 03-15-13, 09:55 PM

Walmart notified me that Ninjini is ready for pick up... but I can't go until tomorrow.

But once I have it, I'll be done... right?
Old 03-15-13, 10:34 PM

I picked mine up today in a half-hour of my life I'll never get back. Customer Service there leaves something to be desired. Ninjini is very nice looking and with two swords, she looks badass. But she's so tall. Where are you guys storing your Giants? They're way too big for the Stanley Sorters.
Old 03-15-13, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Yeah, I've done a couple in store pick-ups at WM. Never again. Spend the $2 on shipping.
Old 03-16-13, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It all depends on the store. One here is horrible - long waits with associates totally ignoring the fact you're standing at the counter. The other is great with short waits and efficient (yeah... I know) staff.
Old 03-17-13, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I went to Target about an hour after opening this morning and was able to get a pair of Jade Flashwing figures. I also picked up a series 2 Gill Grunt to take advantage of the B2G1 offer.

When I asked about the Jade Flashwing figure the girl stocking the shelves said "they came in sometime back but have a hold on them" so I told her they were in the new ad for this week which came out today. I had to wait while they verified this information and then located them in the store room.

Then the sale price wasn't in the register yet so I had another wait while CS at the front verified with Electronics that the sale flyer (and I) was right and they *were* on sale with that offer.

FWIW they seemed to have a couple of every currently released series 2 figure *including* Ninjini and Hot Head (which seems to be in high demand and OOS elsewhere).

At least I didn't make a half dozen wasted trips looking for the figure after it was posted here (and other sites) that they weren't supposed to be selling the Jade Flashwing until today.

Overall - about 15 extra minutes but I'm now done until Scarlet Ninjini hits the US (I now hope I didn't mess up by not ordering one from Amazon.de - last time I looked they were OOS).

*EDIT*
My daughter went in about 10:30 this morning to pick up some figures and the registers were *still* not fixed for the Skylanders B2G1 offer. She didn't know about the offer and her receipt did not indicate such so is going back to get her "free" figures... They had more than what I'd seen at 9am - the S2 Spyro and Wrecking Ball specifically (two I was looking for when I was there but they weren't out at that time and I didn't have time to stay and ask as I was already running late). So... since she basically duplicated my purchase mine will be going back unless one of the ladies at work wants them for her son.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 03-17-13 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-17-13, 03:35 PM

Thanks for the heads-up. Picked up Jade Flashwing, and rebought Eyebrawl and Thumpback for $30 total. Will return my previosly purchased EB & TB giants and essentially get Jade for free.
Old 03-17-13, 09:01 PM

Cool trailer for Skylanders: Swap Force...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VHaGAXzmiTg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.