Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Skylanders, Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-12, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Skylanders, Anyone?

Just got the email from TRU that they will have wave 2 tomorrow when they open.
Old 10-21-12, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,253 Likes on 4,274 Posts

That's what the guy in the store told me too. I didn't believe him, but I guess he was right.
Old 10-21-12, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,102 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Pics of our haul for the day. Buying most of the stuff now while it is available and will grab a few other characters here and there.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Here is the list of everything:
Spoiler:

Skylanders Giants Starter Kit
Jet-Vac
Cynder (2)
Tree Rex (Giant)
Legendary 3-Pack
Legendary Ignitor
Legendary Slam Bam
Legendary Jet-Vac
Giants 3-Pack
Pop Fizz
Whirlwind (2)
Trigger Happy (2)
Giants Battle Pack
Chop Chop (2)
Shroomboom
Cannon
Giants 3-Pack
Ignitor (2)
Chill
Zook (2)

GIANTS
Legendary Giant Bouncer
Granite Crusher (Target Exclusive)
Swarm
Crusher
Tree Rex (Included in Starter Pack)
Jeez. How much money did you spend?
Old 10-21-12, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Quite a bit but I got most of what we will eventually get up front. Plus, we did save some money with the 40% off deal at Toys R Us.
Old 10-21-12, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
If the Best Buy b2g1 deal is still working, you can complete wave 1,get the target granite crusher, TRU legendary bouncer and legendary 3 pack for $171.97 + tax.

You will have to get two giants and 2 3 packs at TRU though but you can return the ones you don't need as they evenly split the discount on the two items you buy.

I bought everything besides the legendary 3 pack.

Edit: This does not include the cost of the starter pack or portal pack.

I am reading that the new characters from series 2 do not have wow pow and switchable paths like the remakes. So you might as well get the new characters as lightcore. This just allows them to make a series 3 with all the new characters having wow pow and switchable paths...

Last edited by Krayzie; 10-22-12 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-22-12, 08:51 AM

Target has part of wave 2 on their website. They can't be bought online though.
Old 10-22-12, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 653 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by Krayzie
...I am reading that the new characters from series 2 do not have wow pow and switchable paths like the remakes. So you might as well get the new characters as lightcore. This just allows them to make a series 3 with all the new characters having wow pow and switchable paths...
That 100% smacks of nothing but a cash grab! Price the figures a couple of $$ higher and add a *small* value to gameplay to con you into purchasing everything else again.

I've already told the kids that the *only* figures I'm paying for this time are the 8 Giants and the 8 "new" figures. I'll not spring for Light Core or reposed figures, unless they come in a 3 pack with something I *do* want (The Battle Cannon 3 pack as example), as they don't add enough value for my wallet.

While we do not yet own the game we *did* put Granite Crusher on the portal today just to see what he looks like. Very cool! But it also begs the question: "If I'm playing the game how do I see the cool Light Core effects and since I *don't* see them because I'm playing then why do I care?" It also feels like a cash grab move.

Now a couple of questions for those of you who have the game already (we own a Wii and our pre-order will not arrive until late this week). Is the cord hard-wired into the portal? Can the portal be used with batteries if you chose?
Old 10-22-12, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,102 Likes on 671 Posts

I am reading that the new characters from series 2 do not have wow pow and switchable paths like the remakes. So you might as well get the new characters as lightcore. This just allows them to make a series 3 with all the new characters having wow pow and switchable paths...
What language are you speaking?
Old 10-22-12, 03:38 PM

Disappointment today : No Wave 2 figures at Target, no Buy 2, Get 1 Free figures from Best Buy. I was going to grab 3 reposes and 3 light cores. Now I decided to just pick up the Battle Pack (which will give me a Chop Chop repose, along with the Cynder repose from the new starter kit -- enough to get a feel for what the Series 2 Figures will do) for now and wait on Wave 2.

It really sucks that the reposed Light Core figures don't have the new features of the Series 2 figures. That doesn't make any sense at all.
Old 10-22-12, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Disappointment today : No Wave 2 figures at Target, no Buy 2, Get 1 Free figures from Best Buy. I was going to grab 3 reposes and 3 light cores. Now I decided to just pick up the Battle Pack (which will give me a Chop Chop repose, along with the Cynder repose from the new starter kit -- enough to get a feel for what the Series 2 Figures will do) for now and wait on Wave 2.

It really sucks that the reposed Light Core figures don't have the new features of the Series 2 figures. That doesn't make any sense at all.
The wave 2 'early' release was a TRU exclusive. I sent my daughter this morning when they opened at 9 a.m. She grabbed a couple Hot Head giants (one for each of us), a lightcore Jet-Vac for herself, and a Flashwing for me. I stopped by this afternoon and almost all of the wave 2 stuff was gone except for some series 1 repose figures (Hex, Gil Grunt, and Stump Smash).

I should have had her grab a Sprocket this morning since I don't know if they will get restocks of wave 2, or if it was just a one shot until the actual release in November.
Old 10-22-12, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I was able to grab:
Sprocket
Flashwing
Fright Rider
Double Trouble (Series 2)

I was also able to grab two of the Giants that I had bought yesterday at Walmart so I can return those and save the 40% off one.
Old 10-22-12, 04:19 PM

Oh, okay. Krayzie mentioned them at the Target website and I didn't realize they were supposed to be a TRU exclusive. In either case, I can wait for now.

How does Sprocket look? I know someone here was concerned about the appearance of that one. Of the new ones I got, I really love the look of the Pop Fizz guy with his translucent soda bottle.
Old 10-22-12, 04:20 PM
Cool New Member

Just got Hot Head, Sprocket and Flashwing this morning. TRU only had two of each, that the employee unboxed in front of me. Didn't buy any remolds.
Old 10-22-12, 04:37 PM

Someone post an up-close picture of those three new figures, please!
Old 10-22-12, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 917 Likes on 650 Posts

[insert] letmegooglethatforyou link. [/insert]
Old 10-22-12, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
[insert] letmegooglethatforyou link. [/insert]
Says the guy who posts two 600x800 pixel images of hairline cracks on his 360 controller.
Old 10-22-12, 05:55 PM

Did you actually go to Best Buy? I've been waiting for confirmation that they killed it.

Yeah, they are greedy and made it so you have to buy both if you want both a light up figure and a figure with all the moves. I still can't believe they made the new characters like the series 1 figures without switchable paths.
Old 10-22-12, 06:48 PM

Did you actually go to Best Buy? I've been waiting for confirmation that they killed it.
Yup. I had them ring three regular figures, then three light cores just to make sure. Had them go to the point where you swipe your CC -- no discount.
Old 10-22-12, 06:59 PM

Yup. I had them ring three regular figures, then three light cores just to make sure. Had them go to the point where you swipe your CC -- no discount.
Well that sucks. I was hoping they would get wave 2 soon and still have b2g1. I guess I will have to try and get wave 2 at TRU when they do the next b1g1 40% off in mid November as I don't know if they plan on restocking this week.
Old 10-22-12, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Someone post an up-close picture of those three new figures, please!
Hot Head - Fire - Giant
Spoiler:

Jet Vac - Air - Lightcore
Spoiler:

Flashwing - Earth
Spoiler:

I really like the series 2 Gil Grunt, and Hex figures I may have to grab them with the B1G1 40% off.
Old 10-22-12, 07:52 PM

Thanks . Flashwing looks badass.
Old 10-22-12, 08:27 PM

I hate how Activision doesn't provide info on when they are releasing each wave.

Edit: I just put lightcore eruptor and lightcore drobot on the portal and the lighting effect is pathetic. Good thing I didn't take them out of the box yet.
Old 10-22-12, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 917 Likes on 650 Posts

Says the guy who posts two 600x800 pixel images of hairline cracks on his 360 controller.
And that's related, how?
Old 10-22-12, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 653 Likes on 475 Posts

I hate how Activision doesn't provide info on when they are releasing each wave.

Edit: I just put lightcore eruptor and lightcore drobot on the portal and the lighting effect is pathetic. Good thing I didn't take them out of the box yet.
I took my grandson to WM today so he could look at all the currently available figures (he doesn't know I've ordered the Starter Pack nor the figures) and that's the impression I got after looking at them closely. It looked like Eruptor's mouth is all that lights up and Drobot has a small "gem" on his back. I commented to him that it didn't look like there was much "light effects" on them. He thought it was pretty lame too even though he liked the new poses. But then it also goes back to my earlier comment: If you're actually playing the game how are you supposed to see and enjoy those effects? We play with the portal between us and it's pretty much out of sight during play. Even if it were slightly in front I still don't know how you're supposed to "enjoy" those minimalistic effects during game play.
Old 10-22-12, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I took my grandson to WM today so he could look at all the currently available figures (he doesn't know I've ordered the Starter Pack nor the figures) and that's the impression I got after looking at them closely. It looked like Eruptor's mouth is all that lights up and Drobot has a small "gem" on his back. I commented to him that it didn't look like there was much "light effects" on them. He thought it was pretty lame too even though he liked the new poses. But then it also goes back to my earlier comment: If you're actually playing the game how are you supposed to see and enjoy those effects? We play with the portal between us and it's pretty much out of sight during play. Even if it were slightly in front I still don't know how you're supposed to "enjoy" those minimalistic effects during game play.
I imagine they light up in game as well?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.