Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Skylanders, Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-15, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: Skylanders, Anyone?

^It's not Amazon. Those are MP vendors (i.e. vultures) who are either using automated price systems or as one runs out of stock the next with "Prime Shipping" takes its place.
Old 02-20-15, 11:05 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so when actual Amazon gets stock in, it just shows their price of $5.99 till it runs out then switches to "vultures"?
Old 02-20-15, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

^Pretty much, yes.
Old 02-24-15, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got my Kaos Trap from Amazon today! Now my granddaughter has her own and is a happy camper!

I also received the Tech Trap and "bonus" $0.99 Water Trap I'd taken a chance with and got lucky! The Tech Trap is the Tech Hand, which we don't have, and the Water Trap is the Axe which I'd purchased at WM. That means the $6 WM one can go back! A triple win!
Old 02-26-15, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Amazon is currently running several LD on Trap Team figures (3 packs of minis, 3 characters, the way overstocked Water Trap, and the apparently low selling Tablet Starter).

The mini sets are $9.99 each:
Drobit & Trigger Snappy
Spry & Min Jini
Hijinx & Eye Small

Characters at $6.99 each:
Torch
Hog Wild Fryno
Sure Shot Shroom Boom

The Water Trap is $1.95

The current Water Trap promotion *stacks* with this *once per account* to get you one of the figures and a Water Trap for $6.48 after all discounts are applied. It should also stack with one of the $9.99 mini sets to make it $9.48 after all discounts.

Currently *nothing* has sold more than 10% and you have almost 3 hours left...

My grandson indicated being "on the fence" about Fryno but I snagged one anyway considering the price and *another* Water Trap for the collection...
Old 02-26-15, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Thanks, got Hog Wild Fryno and the Water Trap for $7 shipped.
Old 02-26-15, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

If I had Prime I would jump on this. Some good deals to be had when combined.

Picked up the Swap Force Sheep Wreck Island Adventure Pack today at Kmart for around $12.50 and SWAP Force Countdown Lightcore for $7.00. All their video games and accessories are 25% off.
Old 03-10-15, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Kaos trap is orderable on Amazon. It's not the default price because it's not actually in stock, so check the listings.
Old 03-11-15, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^It's interesting, and telling, to see just how many of those MP vendors selling Kaos Traps at ugougem rates are "Just Launched" or have only a handful of sales. Almost all of the ones for which I bothered to look at their "store" have nothing but "rare" game figures for most systems (Skylanders, Amiibo, Infinity).

Last edited by BobO'Link; 03-11-15 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-11-15, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Welcome to the world of scalpers. While doing their daily check for hotwheels, easy enough to add a check of Amiibos and skylanders, I guess. Heck, people come in here looking for just the "valuable" ones.

And Amiibos are insane.
Old 03-11-15, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

The older I guess the less I give a shit about tracking hard to get stuff down. I can just live without it.
Old 03-12-15, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Amazon has the Easter figures up for pre order:

$8.99(!?!) each (seems a bit high to me... especially since the non-Easter versions are under $7 each)

Mini Power Punch Pet Vack
Mini Eggsellent Weeruptor
Earth Easter Trap Pack
Old 03-13-15, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
It's supposed to be [Skylanders game in GM cereal boxes] a card version of Skystones and my grandson *loves* the game (both versions) so I'd get a couple for him if it seems worth the effort so let us know if it's any good. I saw that one somewhere and thought I might look for a couple of boxes *if* the game is any good.
I found and purchased 8 boxes of cereal with the game inside. We've opened 1 so far (they have to eat the cereal to get another box to open). The game is the original Skystones game, which made my grandson happy as he indicated that version is his favorite.

The cards are a fairly heavy card stock and there is a "coin" you flip to determine who is red/blue. "Coin" as the instruction card indicates it's plastic but the one we got was the same card stock as was the cards. It's also rather big (a bit larger than a half-dollar). The "deck" comes in a small reusable box so you don't have to find something to keep the deck in after opening. I really wish they'd have put specific decks in specific cereals and not done the random pack in the box as it would be easier to complete a set.

The first time I found a few boxes it looked like someone had cleaned the shelves buying all they could find as some of the ones I found were behind boxes that didn't have the game inside or shoved behind neighboring, different, cereals. There was empty space where some of the cereals should have been. I picked those up on the next trip (got a variety so they'd not tire of any one cereal).
Old 03-13-15, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Gamestop has a bunch of the soon to be released Trap Team figures listed on their site. They also have some 3 pack traps that include Kaos.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=1...m,28zu0,134f-5

Kaos trap packs
Old 03-13-15, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

So they finally relent on the Kaos traps. About time, a-holes!
Old 03-15-15, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I found and purchased 8 boxes of cereal with the game inside. We've opened 1 so far (they have to eat the cereal to get another box to open). The game is the original Skystones game, which made my grandson happy as he indicated that version is his favorite.

The cards are a fairly heavy card stock and there is a "coin" you flip to determine who is red/blue. "Coin" as the instruction card indicates it's plastic but the one we got was the same card stock as was the cards. It's also rather big (a bit larger than a half-dollar). The "deck" comes in a small reusable box so you don't have to find something to keep the deck in after opening. I really wish they'd have put specific decks in specific cereals and not done the random pack in the box as it would be easier to complete a set.

The first time I found a few boxes it looked like someone had cleaned the shelves buying all they could find as some of the ones I found were behind boxes that didn't have the game inside or shoved behind neighboring, different, cereals. There was empty space where some of the cereals should have been. I picked those up on the next trip (got a variety so they'd not tire of any one cereal).
I picked up a couple of more boxes the other day. I haven't opened any up yet as my daughter wanted some Lucky Charms(couldn't find any marked with the Skylanders promo). I may pick up a couple more boxes before they go off sale this week.

We have yet to try the Skystones yet as my daughters school has been pouring on the amount of school work the last month or so. Man things have changed from when I was in the second grade.
Old 03-16-15, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
I picked up a couple of more boxes the other day. I haven't opened any up yet as my daughter wanted some Lucky Charms(couldn't find any marked with the Skylanders promo). I may pick up a couple more boxes before they go off sale this week.

We have yet to try the Skystones yet as my daughters school has been pouring on the amount of school work the last month or so. Man things have changed from when I was in the second grade.
I went ahead and bought a couple more boxes today and opened them since the game cards are outside of the bag of cereal. Out of the 4 boxes I recently purchased, I got (2) dreamwolfg and (2) goldqnkaos. So counting the first pack I got a couple of weeks ago I have (3) dreamwolfg and (2) goldqnkaos total. Was hoping to get the full set but I guess I'm SOL on that.
Old 03-17-15, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm looking at those deck names and going "Huh??? Where'd that come from?" all ready to do a search to see how you came up with those names and then notice the app code on the box top.

We're trying to *not* open the boxes until we're ready to eat the cereal in spite of the cards being outside the bag. I don't know how long we'll hold out...

We currently have 2 dreamwolfg and 2 gulperjack decks taken from *4* different cereals (Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Reeses Puffs, Trix, and Cookie Crunch).

Last edited by BobO'Link; 03-17-15 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-19-15, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Update of the Easter Target "Exclusive" two pack:

Easter Special Edition Weeruptor and Earth Trap for Skylanders Trap Team: DPCI - 207-00-3014

Check local inventory using your zip and the DPCI at http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker

The Target here is showing to have 12 copies at $7.99 each. I don't think the price at the stock tracker is correct as Amazon is selling the individual ones for $8.99 each and the "early" price (the one I got a few weeks back) was $14.99. I've not run by the store yet as I expect them to be sales-locked until Sunday (the "official" sale date 3/22/15) and even then expect to have to ask for them.

**EDIT**
Out of curiosity I just did a check on the Nitro Head Rush stock (Nitro Head Rush: DPCI - 207-00-3012). They currently have *19* in stock with other area stores also having huge numbers. It looks like that one wasn't as popular as they may have expected. IMHO it *is* a somewhat "lame" (i.e. rather poor playability/useability) character.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 03-19-15 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-19-15, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Supposedly Toys R Us released some wave 4 stuff today. Some of the triple pack traps along with light and dark trap packs are starting to show up at various stores. Some over at CAG have reported finding them at various Targets.
Old 03-20-15, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Happened to be near a Toys R Us today and decided to stop in. I did not see any of the wave 4 figures, at least none that I knew was in wave 4. They currently have a Buy a water trap, and get another trap for $1. I picked up a water trap and the TRU exclusive Red Hot Tussel Sprout Earth Element. The computer wasn't automatically deducting the amount off of the Earth element. Luckily the cashier knew of the sale and adjusted the price for me after I mentioned it to her.
Old 03-22-15, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Update of the Easter Target "Exclusive" two pack:

Easter Special Edition Weeruptor and Earth Trap for Skylanders Trap Team: DPCI - 207-00-3014
Here's a update of just *what* this is. First, it's *not* a "Exclusive" Two Pack of anything. Each figure has the *same* product code and is the "regular" Easter Edition of the 3 figures. Of course I had to find someone to help and they had to go in the back to look for these. They came back with the 9 figures they had in stock - 3 each of the 3 figures (9 total as the stock checker indicated). Since they are $1 less at Target ($7.99 each) than Amazon I went ahead and picked up a set for the grandkids Easter baskets.

They *did* have a couple of the new Trap 3 packs. Had I not recently picked up a regular Kaos Trap I'd have purchased the one with the Air Sword, Kaos Trap, and Earth Upside Down Guy. They also had the Magic Rocket, Fire Spear , and Tech Hand pack. The Magic Rocket looks cool but I already have enough Magic Traps as well as the Tech Hand Trap so that one is also a bust in spite of the very cool Fire Spear.

They also had a couple of Sunscraper Spire expansions, *tons* of Nitro Head Rush, and several individual Water Traps but little else and *none* of the "Wave 4" characters.
Old 03-22-15, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

IF you can find any traps beyond the water ones, Target has a 40% off Cartwheel coupon on the single traps only. It is good for one week only(3/22-3/28).

Also, some one over at CAG mentioned that Target will have 25% off all Skylanders figures starting next week.

So I would hold onto that receipt BobO'Link and see if you can get price adjustment on those figures.
Old 03-22-15, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^Cool! Thanks for the info! Hopefully they'll have some of the new characters by then.
Old 03-23-15, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was thinking the "Red Hot Tussle Sprout" TRU exclusive Earth Trap Pre-Captured Villian was going to be in that Easter themed trap. I found a picture today which shows that to not be the case. Here's the image:

They don't yet have this listed on their site but it's supposed to be in stores.

My "project" this evening is to check the in-game stats on the Easter Mini characters and see if that re-color job trap is anything special. I'm thinking it's nothing more than a recolor job - just like the TRU "Legendary" Traps (what a rip off those were!).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.