Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Borderlands 2: "xbox360/ps3/pc" -2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-14, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts
Re: Borderlands 2: "xbox360/ps3/pc" -2012

Check out the Gearbox forum. It will have four new playable characters including Claptrap.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=367049
Old 05-24-14, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MR Round
I looked throught he thread and I didnt see anything but is there more information out on the Presequel game? http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/bo...-sequel/114502
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-...ll-2014-a.html
Old 07-17-14, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Borderlands 2 Gets The Pre-Sequel Skins Available as Rare Loot Drops

Gearbox has released special Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel skins for the cast of vault hunters in Borderlands 2, currently available as extremely rare loot drops. Alternatively, you'll be able to get them with SHiFT codes that the developer plans to release periodically.

Here are the skins you'll be able to obtain:

Axton as Athena
Salvador as Wilhelm
Maya as Nisha
Zer0 as Claptrap
Gaige as Moon Moxxi
Krieg as a Scav
You can attempt to find the skins for Borderlands 2 in-game now if you're feeling lucky. Otherwise, the SHiFT codes will be releasing weekly from tomorrow, on the dates listed in the image below.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...oot-Drops.html
Old 01-20-15, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Borderlands gets the bundled current-gen release we always knew it would

http://www.destructoid.com/borderlan...d-286397.phtml

Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel with cross-saves

Rumors have circulated for months that Gearbox Software's Borderlands would be the recipient of some sort of upgraded port to current consoles. In fact, speculation was so strong that it was more a matter of what titles would be bundled together, as opposed to wondering if the collection existed at all.

2K Games broke the shroud of mystery today by revealing Borderlands: The Handsome Collection. The package, which is a play on main antagonist Handsome Jack's name, bundles Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel along with all downloadable content ever released for both games. The Handsome Collection will be available on PS4 and Xbox One on March 24 in North America and March 27 in other regions, and it'll retail for $59.99.

Maybe the best news to come out of this announcement is that those that have played one or both titles before don't have to worry about losing their established characters. The Handsome Collection will feature a cross-save system meaning that characters and Badass Rank can be carried over from previous-gen consoles. It's important to note that this only works within the same console family (i.e. Xbox 360 to Xbox One). This bundle will also support four-player local co-op in the event that you want to have a meeting of Vault Hunters all on one screen.

It may not be the first foray onto new consoles that Borderlands fans necessarily wanted, but it's definitely the one that was expected. The Handsome Collection is yet another clear indicator of the franchise's importance to 2K. But, we'll have to wait a bit longer to hear of the next original installment on Pandora.
Old 01-20-15, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both games with all DLC in one package for current gen? That is actually pretty awesome. I might wait for something in the $30 range, but I'm in.

I actually think this is the way to buy Borderlands (or most other single-player or co-op focused games). Just wait for the "ultimate edition" and don't get jerked around by season passes with all kinds of fucked up fine-print.
Old 01-20-15, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The problem with waiting, especially with a game like Borderlands, is that it's most enjoyable with regular co-op partners so you have to convince them to wait and play a year-old game in the midst of the new hotness as well.
Old 01-20-15, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

To this day the first Borderlands was and still is the Best Blind Buy game period. Got all four characters up past Level 65 and we just had a blast with it. The only downfall I found was going back through basically the same missions with same enemies doing everything all over again except tougher.

Shame they couldn't do something like Blizzard did with Diablo...able to move your 360 data over to the PS4 or PS3 to XO. Still for what they're offering in a package is downright a excellent buy. this is one the best co-op games out there and meant to play that way. Be tempted to get....
Old 01-20-15, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely Buzz. Oh, and it's another similar game that absolutely kicks the shit out of Destiny. Better loot, more content, sensible leveling system, coherent story, fun characters, great voice acting...just better across the board unless you're into PVP.

Talking about 1 & 2, obviously. Decided to wait on the pre-sequel for obvious reasons, and because I was still a little bit salty about the last level cap increase in BL2.
Old 01-21-15, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I believe many still think Borderlands 1 was better in terms of the 'Loot & Guns" though Borderlands 2 had more variety & stuff to do. Plus I liked the original characters with Lilith being my favorite but had a good time with Mordecai and his bird(s). But the biggest laughs we had was when 2-4 of us had "Brick" and just went around beating stuff us trying not to use any guns what-so-ever...essential as we called it "Smash Mode".

But the Loot and Skill system was just great especially the characters Skill Tree where you had three choices of how you wanted each to be. But no question it was the endless crazy amount of guns to play with. The only downfall was having to go back thru the 2nd 7 3rd time doing the same campaign and parts over and over but with higher leveled enemies. When you have four characters that's 8+ plus times seeing the same stuff which = Burn Out. But one thing it did have that everyone liked was it's Stash System and the ability to trade with other players

I'd really tempted to get but I'd lose everything I have and start from scratch. I still can pop in my 360 copies and see my stash over following with guns of every kind and loot galore. I just pray they contact Blizzard and ask how they did it with Diablo saving 360 data and move to the PS4. If they can do it then I'm in...
Old 01-10-16, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Hi all, my wife bought Borderlands 2 on Steam because she thought we could play co-op on the same screen but apparently not. Should we try to get a refund and rebuy it on PS3?
Old 09-09-18, 12:15 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

so, i'm playing this from the Handsome Collection, i think, again with Salvador (Gunzerker). i know i didn't finish the game and remember some stuff, but some enemies not at all. anyway, i'm level 13, chapter 9, i believe. i've been doing all side missions, extras, etc.

why am i still not getting much money from drops or any good shields that protect me and then my health? and my magazine sizes are so small and i run out of ammo very quick (in the middle of a swarm of enemies), with all weapons i have.

i think i have like a 400+ shield with regen, pretty quick, 350+ health with slow regen, but when i go at a bunch of enemies, i die, a lot. sure i get second winds, but i don't remember dying this much in 1 and not having more stuff and better stuff by this point.

am i still too low in level? i just don't remember being this weak after playing for awhile.

any help or answers or advice would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
Old 09-09-18, 12:42 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy

why am i still not getting much money from drops or any good shields that protect me and then my health? and my magazine sizes are so small and i run out of ammo very quick (in the middle of a swarm of enemies), with all weapons i have.

any help or answers or advice would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

I am going to quote you in this very thread from a while back.

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Am I still to low for it to get good?

I am a level 7 Mechromancer. Right before fighting Flynt. I have yet to get a decent gun, shield, health regen., etc... Getting a little frustrated. Really don't remember not getting good stuff in B1, but thought I had good stuff prior to this...

So my question, am I still at to low a level to get any good stuff?
You asked the same basic question 6 years apart...

sigh...

It has been a few years but from what I remember it took a little longer to break the game like the first borderlands, but once you do the game becomes stupid easy. Stop trying to push through the game so fast, take your time, and level up a bit. Eventually you will get an amazing drop and a few skill points that will make the game easier.
Old 09-09-18, 10:35 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
I am going to quote you in this very thread from a while back.

You asked the same basic question 6 years apart...

sigh...

It has been a few years but from what I remember it took a little longer to break the game like the first borderlands, but once you do the game becomes stupid easy. Stop trying to push through the game so fast, take your time, and level up a bit. Eventually you will get an amazing drop and a few skill points that will make the game easier.
sorry for the repeat business and thanks for help then and now. but, i'm not blowing through anything. as i said i am doing all the side missions and killing everything i see.

Last edited by OldBoy; 09-09-18 at 10:48 AM.