Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews
 



Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-11, 02:49 PM   #1
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
wlj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Tobacco Road
Posts: 3,187
Sega's Rise of Nightmares for the Kinect.

Rise of Nightmares from Sega for the Kinect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Pz_g3gTfo

This game looks pretty damn awesome. I will definitely give this game a look in September.
__________________
The fear of spiders is arachnophobia, fear of tight spaces is claustrophobia, fear of Chuck Norris is called Logic
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-11, 02:59 PM   #2
Larry C.
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Larry C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Let's Go Heat!
Posts: 7,495
Re: Sega's Rise of Nightmares for the Kinect.

It looks pretty cool. The only thing that concerns be is that it looks awfully repetative.
__________________
Miami Heat Fan since 1987.
Lets Go HEAT!!!
Miami Heat 2006 NBA Champions!
Miami Heat 2012 NBA Champions!!
Miami Heat 2013 NBA Champions!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-11, 03:37 PM   #3
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 39,789
Re: Sega's Rise of Nightmares for the Kinect.

How being a Kinect-only title helps this game is totally beyond me.

I did like this comment on the You Tube page though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by some idiot
ill i have to say is kinect beats ps3 vision by far. kinect has the technologie of using your body without the help of a light (PS3). So if your a xbox 360/Kinect fan, Like this!
xKINGxxduckx 6 days ago 17

@AcurateBob only ppl hating are ps3 users
Bigfellr 5 days ago 2
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-11, 03:52 PM   #4
RichC2
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 37,457
Re: Sega's Rise of Nightmares for the Kinect.

It's like they threw House of the Dead and D into a blender and added motion controls.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-11, 04:14 PM   #5
Drexl
DVD Talk Legend
 
Drexl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 15,921
Re: Sega's Rise of Nightmares for the Kinect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
How being a Kinect-only title helps this game is totally beyond me.
Maybe it doesn't help sales-wise, but I would think that the games that use the Kinect (or PS Move, for that matter) best are those that are specifically designed for it.

And if you can't get this game because you don't have a 360 or Kinect, there is certainly no shortage of other zombie killing games to play.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-11, 05:13 PM   #6
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 39,789
Re: Sega's Rise of Nightmares for the Kinect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
Maybe it doesn't help sales-wise, but I would think that the games that use the Kinect (or PS Move, for that matter) best are those that are specifically designed for it.

And if you can't get this game because you don't have a 360 or Kinect, there is certainly no shortage of other zombie killing games to play.
I wasn't talking about potential sales numbers; I was referring to gameplay. Workout games on the Kinect make sense. Dance Central makes sense. Hell, even Fruit Ninja Kinect makes some sense. But unless this game involves clubbing Zombies over the head and shoulders with your forearms, I don't see how playing a House of the Dead-clone on the Kinect would be in any way preferable over playing with a standard 360 controller (or with a Move or Wiimote controller for that matter) -- all the other way seem better than a controller-free control system with no triggers or buttons.

Sometimes I think they're making new Kinect games simply because they sold a lot of hardware units and figure consumers are desperate for something, anything really, to play on it.
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-11, 03:27 AM   #7
Wick
Video Game Talk Reviewer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,512
Re: Sega's Rise of Nightmares for the Kinect.

It looks alright. Though, I'd rather play this type of game with a light gun or even a controller.
__________________
Game Under Review
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-11, 05:50 AM   #8
Drexl
DVD Talk Legend
 
Drexl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 15,921
Re: Sega's Rise of Nightmares for the Kinect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I wasn't talking about potential sales numbers; I was referring to gameplay. Workout games on the Kinect make sense. Dance Central makes sense. Hell, even Fruit Ninja Kinect makes some sense. But unless this game involves clubbing Zombies over the head and shoulders with your forearms, I don't see how playing a House of the Dead-clone on the Kinect would be in any way preferable over playing with a standard 360 controller (or with a Move or Wiimote controller for that matter) -- all the other way seem better than a controller-free control system with no triggers or buttons.

Sometimes I think they're making new Kinect games simply because they sold a lot of hardware units and figure consumers are desperate for something, anything really, to play on it.
If it's really just a clone of HOTD, that's different. But if they're doing it only for Kinect, they could really be using it in a way that's not just a gimmick. I'm just saying, wait and see what they're doing with it before writing it off.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.

...
Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0