Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: NCAA 12 DVDTalk Dynasty (PS3)

final count: 2 Big East, 2 Big 12, 2 Big 10, 3 ACC, 3 SEC
Old 07-30-11, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an update guys, I'm not sure how far into it you all are but there are unbelievable online dynasty bugs in this year's version: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7399414.page.

I'm on 360, but I think the problems are cross-platform. My brother and I have been unable to even start an online dynasty and there are crazy freezing and crashing problems even if you can get the dynasty started.
Old 07-31-11, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BravesMG
Just an update guys, I'm not sure how far into it you all are but there are unbelievable online dynasty bugs in this year's version: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7399414.page.

I'm on 360, but I think the problems are cross-platform. My brother and I have been unable to even start an online dynasty and there are crazy freezing and crashing problems even if you can get the dynasty started.
Thanks, but I've heard of no issues with the PS3 version. I checcked a PS3 centic site (bluray.com) to sse if there was an isue with their dynasties and I haven't seen any mentions.
Old 07-31-11, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

@ Flip - since you are off on vaction I'll be sure to give you an open week for week one.
Old 07-31-11, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Quake1028
I'll get signed up tonight. Haven't had much time for the PS3 lately .
I can finish up the custom schedules once you sign on
Old 07-31-11, 10:55 PM

Just so I understand correctly. Approximately one real time week for one week in the dynasty. For head to head games, the two involved just figure out a time to play the game. Our weeks will run Monday-Sunday?

Looking forward to it. Go Ducks!
Old 08-01-11, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LostFan
Just so I understand correctly. Approximately one real time week for one week in the dynasty.
For the most part - yes.
Our weeks will run Monday-Sunday?
Our typical weeks, yes. I usually will advance the week late Monday night / early Tuesday morning (I shoot for midnight EST) to allow for players to get in a last minute game on Monday night if necessary. On weeks where everyone gets their games and recruiting in early, I will go ahead and advance the game early. I send everyone a PSN message about advancing, post on this thread whenever I advance and I will include the next 1 week deadline in those communications.
For example - if everyone gets done by Thursday I'd advance the week and inform everyone that the week has advanced and the new deadline to get everything done is next Thursday @ midnight.

If there is ever a problem communicate it to me and we can work things out.

For head to head games, the two involved just figure out a time to play the game.
Looking forward to it. Go Ducks!
Yup. You have a week to figure things out. Most of the regulars are online a couple of times a week so it is pretty easy to catch them and set up a game. I'd recommend having everyone in the Dynasty on your friends list as it make it easier to see if they are online.
Be careful too many missed head to head games or too many restarts can cause you to be booted from the Dynasty.
Old 08-01-11, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by cruzness
head games or too many restarts can cause you to be booted from the Dynasty.
People just quit and restart if they are losing or something during their games? This is like real college football with cheating and everything, except the prize seems to be much less (at least personally Oregon boosters haven't contacted me with some 'incentives' to represent the University well in the DVDTalk Dynasty. Cheap bastards. I guess too much money is being funneled into the recruiting services in Texas to keep the talent pipeline flowing smoothly. Of course, as a digital Chip Kelly, I know nothing about that, just like my real life counterpart.
Old 08-01-11, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Everyone here plays pretty clean. In the last dynasty there was a game between nicholls82 and I where I was down by 10 in the 4th quarter and I was driving down the field. The game booted nicholls out at some point and let me keep playing. I won the game on the last possession. We tried to make the game up but couldn't get together again. another time i think r2 thought he had won a game against the AI but he was booted out and it was a loss when the week advanced.
Old 08-01-11, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I signed up and all this AM. Should be good to go.
Old 08-01-11, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Week 1 is ready to go . The week will advance next Monday @ midnight .
Old 08-01-11, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The OP has been updated and the head to head schedule has been posted on the second Post.
Old 08-02-11, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

4/5 H2H games are road games for me. No big deal, it's only Autzen, The Big House, Blacksburg and Doak. Oh, wait......
Old 08-02-11, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

4/5 H2H games are road games for me. No big deal, it's only Autzen, The Big House, Blacksburg and Doak. Oh, wait......
Unfortunately I have zero control over the conference games (when I pull up the custom schedules there is a big red lock next to the conference games - as in my ass is locked out of changing stuff ) and you are in the unenviable position of having 2 H2H road conference games. I made sure everybody had 6 home and 6 away games overall and 5 H2H games. * I also made sure to split your non-conference games. The good news is should you continue into a second season - the schedule flips - and 4 of your H2H games are at home.

* - The only exception were the Big East Teams - For some reason WVU(nic44) had 9 conference games and only 4 H2H while PITT(ivelostr2) had 7 conference games and 6 H2H
Old 08-02-11, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

* - The only exception were the Big East Teams - For some reason WVU(nic44) had 9 conference games and only 4 H2H while PITT(ivelostr2) had 7 conference games and 6 H2H
HORSESHIT!
I would like to officially file a motion to allow me to declare shenanigans.
Old 08-02-11, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
HORSESHIT!
I would like to officially file a motion to allow me to declare shenanigans.
Your motion has been filed and it is under review by my Director of Appeals

Spoiler:

After further review and intense debate the decision is:
Spoiler:

MOTION DENIED

I can make it 9 Head 2 Head games and you play with Akron instead of Pitt.

Old 08-02-11, 04:47 PM

Unfortunately I have zero control over the conference games (when I pull up the custom schedules there is a big red lock next to the conference games - as in my ass is locked out of changing stuff ) and you are in the unenviable position of having 2 H2H road conference games. I made sure everybody had 6 home and 6 away games overall and 5 H2H games. * I also made sure to split your non-conference games. The good news is should you continue into a second season - the schedule flips - and 4 of your H2H games are at home.

Road victories are how you climb the polls faster. You can put me on the road for all my non conference games. If that home crowd we're facing gets too loud, I just hit mute on the tv and they are neutralized.

I'm more concerned about getting smacked around in this league. I haven't had the greatest success in my online play in NCAA 12, although online play is done on the highest level isn't it, while our league will be on varsity? Maybe that will help me, certainly will help my opponent.

BTW, I HATE that there is no manual to look hope how to do things in game. That was random, but it was from the heart, so it counts for something.

I got Miami this week..........sent a message on the PS3 to thegloomypickle trying to find a time to play.
Old 08-02-11, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

LostFan,

Probably easier to chat here. What time zone are you in? I'm EST and available most nights after 6PM my time.
Old 08-02-11, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, and BTW, I have no PS3 headset so no chatting during games against me. Probably for the better since I would be getting taunted mercilessly for sucking so badly .
Old 08-02-11, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Road victories are how you climb the polls faster. You can put me on the road for all my non conference games. If that home crowd we're facing gets too loud, I just hit mute on the tv and they are neutralized.

I'm more concerned about getting smacked around in this league. I haven't had the greatest success in my online play in NCAA 12, although online play is done on the highest level isn't it, while our league will be on varsity? Maybe that will help me, certainly will help my opponent.

BTW, I HATE that there is no manual to look hope how to do things in game. That was random, but it was from the heart, so it counts for something.

I got Miami this week..........sent a message on the PS3 to thegloomypickle trying to find a time to play.

dont be too worried about us smacking you around. The people on the PSN, in my experience are either giant douches who throw the same pass over and over, go on 4th and 20 on their own 25, or people who are insanely skilled at the game. as far as the members of last year's 3 season dynasty (Nic44, Nicholls81, Cruz, and I), none of us are that good, and we don't talk smack in the heat of the moment (Well I do on Nic44, but trust me he deserves it).
Old 08-02-11, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There is a manual in the game

Last edited by cnicholls44; 08-03-11 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-02-11, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

EPIC FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON.

Tight game between LSU and WVU. Halftime score was a 7-7 tie. nic played a bend but don't break defense - I had three times where I was driving on him and he picked me off. He knocked my starting quarterback out for 3 quarters in the first quarter. I had four passes that were obvious ints including a sure pick 6 dropped. I score late in the 3rd quarter to take a 14-10 lead and on my next possession I am sacked and then take a safety to make the score 14-12. nic then runs the clock down while moving down the field and hits a 49 yard field goal that barely went in. He takes a 15-14 lead with 1:31 left on the clock. On the next series I throw an INT again. He moves the ball and kicks a short FG to make it 18-14 and leaves me 26 seconds on the clock with no time outs.
On the kickoff I let the ball go out of the endzone to not waste time. I start the drive @ the 20 and waste time with a incomplete pass.
I then throw a 20 yard reception to my receiver and he steps out with 15 seconds on the clock.
I throw a 20+ yard pas to my tight end and he steps out with 9 seconds on the clock.
I then throw another 20+ yard pass to my tight end and he fights to get to the three yard line with 3 seconds to go.
I call the hurry up get lined up and snap the ball with a second to go on the clock. I run a run play up the middle and my running back is tackeld @ the one yard line. (wrong play I wanted to run a dive and I hit the button for a draw)
Game Over - West Virginia serves up the upset special and wins 18-14. I threw 5 interceptions. nic played great. I pissed the bed.

On a good note I signed my top running back target - a 5 star Power back and the #3 HB.
Old 08-02-11, 11:05 PM

LostFan,

Probably easier to chat here. What time zone are you in? I'm EST and available most nights after 6PM my time.
Central Time Zone. Easiest for me anytime after 8:30-9:00 and the kids are in bed to prevent having to pause the game for various child issues. That would be an hour later for you though, is that too late (never know people's work schedules, I have friends who work at 5 AM so they go to bed early, others that don't go in until 9 and they are always up late).

I should be good Wednesday, Thursday, and probably Friday this week. I know Saturday/Sunday evenings are out for me this week.

Let me know what you think.
Old 08-03-11, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I hope I can actually finish a game without getting signed out of EA Sports Online. That has already happened to me a few times on this game and the most recent Tiger Wood's game.
Old 08-03-11, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Central Time Zone. Easiest for me anytime after 8:30-9:00 and the kids are in bed to prevent having to pause the game for various child issues. That would be an hour later for you though, is that too late (never know people's work schedules, I have friends who work at 5 AM so they go to bed early, others that don't go in until 9 and they are always up late).

I should be good Wednesday, Thursday, and probably Friday this week. I know Saturday/Sunday evenings are out for me this week.

Let me know what you think.
Thursday at 10PM EST?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.