http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...witcher/714516
Old 06-02-11, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: witcher 2

Originally Posted by Ghym
The Witcher 2 is coming to Xbox 360.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...witcher/714516
I've heard the game has a lot of nudity and sex. I wonder if it's gonna be censored on 360? And no Witcher 1???
Old 06-02-11, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to get around trying the first Witcher again. I got it during one of those sales, played about 30 minutes of it, and just never bothered playing it again. I just didn't get hooked, but it seems like a lot of people liked it.
Old 06-10-11, 11:16 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so happy about the 360 announcement. I've been wanting to play this game badly. Not interested in buying a gaming PC, especially since I'm a Mac user.
Old 06-20-11, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

last 2 boss fights were surprisingly easy.
I was expecting a very difficult fight since all the other bosses were so damn hard.
Old 06-26-11, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm playing through a second time right now. I like it for the most part but have a couple of issues. The major one is the inventory system. There are some clunky areas, but the major issue is that there is a ton of loot and no storage system. And it's not like you can just sell/dump most of the stuff you loot because with the crafting system you never know what items you should keep. I eventually just used a weight mod that set most common items at 0 weight, but preserved the weight of weapons, armor and other heavy items.

My other complaint is the combat difficulty. The problem is you get much more powerful as the game progresses, but enemies don't progress at the same rate. The result is that the game starts off very difficult but gets pretty easy by the end. The combat system is also a bit clunky and can be more frustrating than fun.
Old 11-26-11, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

The game is getting an overhaul via a free patch:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7j0Nr6RCLhA?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-26-11, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I hope it doesn't break 3d support. This is one of the only games I only play in 3d because it is so well done and doesn't negatively impact gameplay.
Old 11-26-11, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RocShemp
The game is getting an overhaul via a free patch:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7j0Nr6RCLhA?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Pretty sure this went live at least a month ago.
Old 11-26-11, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by flashburn
Pretty sure this went live at least a month ago.
You are correct.
Old 01-22-12, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Finally finished this! Very glad I waited long enough for the 2.0 update. This game would've been a pain in the ass without the storage chests (not to mention all the other little changes).

Excellent game. As with the previous Witcher game, the strengths were a deep, well-written, and morally ambiguous story and having to make decisions that affected the world around you. Once again, the designers didn't take the easy way out and give us a cliched "go on quests and find the magic foozle to kill the big bad guy who threatens the world" story. Instead, it's quite a twisty tale of political and personal intrigue. That might turn some gamers off ... you have to expend some effort to keep track of the various kingdoms and characters. But I think this would be right up the alley of people who prefer sophisticated fantasy literature ... like "Song of Ice and Fire".

Completely agree about an earlier comment regarding combat - it was hard at the beginning but became almost too easy by the end. I'm not much of a action-gamer and I didn't find the combat system particularly tough to handle. I didn't bother with traps, bombs, ranged weapons, ranged spells, or even much of potions and oils (except in the earliest parts of the game). Instead I maxed out Quen and put everything else in the Swordsmanship tree ... then just bashed the enemies (keeping Quen active and dodging about).

I rarely replay games ... but after finishing the first time, I immediately went to a save game and finished on a different track. I like how it's practically a new game because the tracks are so different (at least with the major "Roche vs Iorveth" decision). I sided with Roche first ... and after having played the other side, I think I'd highly recommend first timers take the Iorveth path instead. Just so much more satisfying on many levels. [major spoilers ahead]
Spoiler:
Roche's side reveals more of the political intrigue, I think. And you get to have sex with Ves But the army camp where you spend the bulk of Chapter 2 is a dump and Henselt is an asshole (I let Roche kill him). On the other side, Saskia's story is so much more interesting than Henselt's. What a shame that if you only play the Roche side you very likely would kill the dragon (like I did) having no idea it was really a mind-controlled Saskia. The battle for Vergen was much more exciting on this side. You learn about how Triss was transformed into a figurine (actually carrying her a bit yourself). You get a succubus side-quest, which is better than the haunting one. And Phillipa is a much more awesome femme fatale sorceress than Sile. Which leads to the funniest line in the game: when Phillipa is curing Saskia by kissing her with the Rose of Remembrance, one of the onlooking dwarfs says "Now that's my favorite type of magic ... Lesbomancy!"

I do understand how some felt that the ending was a bit of a letdown. Very little felt wrapped up as far as the story was concerned. Sure, the initial plot of tracking down the Kingslayer was wrapped up. But much was still up in the air, making this feel like a movie with a sequel already planned.
Spoiler:
The whole Wild Hunt thing, the never-seen Yennifer character, an invading Nilfgaard, and uncertainty about what the fate of any of the Kingdoms in the North was going to be ... all left hanging.
Hopefully there will be another installment.
Old 01-26-12, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

A date has been announced for the 360 version, April 17th.
It will have bonus content not in the PC version.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...ate-announced/
Old 01-26-12, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Given how good they are to their fanbase, I'm sure that bonus content will eventually make its way to the PC version via free update.
Old 01-26-12, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Given how good they are to their fanbase, I'm sure that bonus content will eventually make its way to the PC version via free update.

Most likely there will be a Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition just like there was for the first game.
Old 01-27-12, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Most likely there will be a Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition just like there was for the first game.
Yup and that was a free patch for existing users.
Old 04-13-12, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts

Witcher 2 patch comes out 4/17, same day as the 360 version. You can preload the 10GB patch now.. Apparently every PC player will get a free DMR-free back-up copy on GoG on that date as well.

I've been waiting for either a drop on the PC game or the 360 version. It dropped to $19.99 this week at Target, so I picked it up yesterday. Very nice physical set; comes with DVD bonus features, a CD soundtrack and mini guide in a nice slipcover. Would probably be considered a "Collector's Edition" in another game, but that's the standard edition here.
Old 04-13-12, 05:02 PM

I played it on PC, might play it on XBOX as well
Old 04-13-12, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I got it off Amazon downlaod back during black friday. Haven't even played it yet or even scratched the surface on the first one.
Old 04-18-12, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So anyone gave the new patch a spin? What's it like?
Old 04-18-12, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My 360 copy arrived last night. Is there anything from the first game I need to know?
Old 04-18-12, 12:30 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
My 360 copy arrived last night. Is there anything from the first game I need to know?
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/04/03...er-story-recap
Old 04-18-12, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Started playing my 360 copy yesterday. Seems great so far. Also one of the nicest packages I've seen in a while (for a regularly-priced edition).
Old 04-18-12, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If anyone has been waiting to get the PC version. It's on sale for 15% off on Steam, and it looks like the same price on GoG.com. $42.49.

Also, if you already own a copy, you can enter your product key on GoG.com, which gives you a free "backup" copy there. You'll need to setup a GoG account, if you don't have one.

http://www.gog.com/en/witcher2/backup/

If you don't have a product code, you can verify you own the game and get the free copy on GoG.com at the link below.

http://www.thewitcher.com/backup/

I love CD Projekt. Who else puts out DLC and an enhanced edition, for free, plus gives you a DRM-free extra copy?
Old 04-18-12, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nobody. Nor do they include a thick quest guide, original soundtrack CD, full-color map, and beefy instruction manual as part of the standard edition. All without day-one paid DLC, download-only content locked behind one-time-use pass codes, etc.

I was happy to pay full price for this title on release day, and I'm thinking of picking up a couple more copies as gifts. I wish it was the biggest-selling game of the year.
Old 04-19-12, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Ghym
If anyone has been waiting to get the PC version. It's on sale for 15% off on Steam, and it looks like the same price on GoG.com. $42.49.

Also, if you already own a copy, you can enter your product key on GoG.com, which gives you a free "backup" copy there. You'll need to setup a GoG account, if you don't have one.

http://www.gog.com/en/witcher2/backup/

If you don't have a product code, you can verify you own the game and get the free copy on GoG.com at the link below.

http://www.thewitcher.com/backup/

I love CD Projekt. Who else puts out DLC and an enhanced edition, for free, plus gives you a DRM-free extra copy?
I'll be sure to get that copy when I get home from work today.

CD Projekt is a great company. makes me wish I'd purchased a physical copy of the game on PC when it was first released. Companies like this deserve my money.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.