Originally Posted by mhg83
Does that deal include pc version?
it does not sadly. $49.99 for it.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/search_10...oRedirect=true
Old 06-27-11, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Alice: Madness Returns

$39.99 on Amazon right now for PS3 - I may bite at that price.
Old 07-24-11, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

The Xbox version dropped back down to 39.99 on Amazon, it's stayed around 55-60 for the past couple weeks.
Has it been confirmed that all new copies will come with original Alice code? I'm actually interested in this one, I love the mythology of Alice and alternate takes on classic stories, and I never played the original.
If the code will always be there, I might see if the price drops any further.
Old 08-10-11, 10:32 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Picked it up with the EA sale the other day for 29.99....

Only on chapter 2...the first chapter was very long...

I am loving it so far. I am only 1/6th the way through, but none of the negatives I read in reviews seem to be bothering me at all....
Old 08-10-11, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,185 Likes on 4,213 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
Picked it up with the EA sale the other day for 29.99....

I think I missed my estimated date to see that price by one week. I'm waiting for a sub-$20 one. Shouldn't be too long, I expect.
Old 08-10-11, 11:22 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by Decker
I think I missed my estimated date to see that price by one week. I'm waiting for a sub-$20 one. Shouldn't be too long, I expect.
I bet amazon does a 29.99 soon...I would be surprised if a new copy hit 19.99 until black Friday though...
Old 08-10-11, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

You were awfully close, Decker!
I picked it up as well. 30 bucks, free shipping, shipped faster than Amazon (my Prime expired and it's just not worth 79 bucks to me). I needed a new game and this one was timed right.

Is it worth playing through the original Alice first? Should it be played after MR, skipped totally? I understand it's aged, but is it still fun?
Old 08-11-11, 12:25 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by dtcarson
Is it worth playing through the original Alice first? Should it be played after MR, skipped totally? I understand it's aged, but is it still fun?
I loved the original...but I can't say if you should play it first or not...my good friend is playing Madness having never played the first one and is loving it...
Old 08-11-11, 12:25 AM
gamer for life

also..the story of these games is so out there...I don't think you are actually missing anything...part of the fun of these games is how out there they are...

I am on Chapter 3...still enjoying this game...
Old 09-08-11, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got this from Gamefly today and played through the first chapter and a half. So far I'm absolutely loving it and finding that it significantly exceeds my expectations. I never played the original but I want to, and now I'm torn between buying a new copy of the game and sending the rental back, or downloading the original game for 800 MSP and trying to finish both it and the new game in a reasonable amount of time for a rental (within a week or so).

It seems like just the new game itself is going to take a long time to complete, since each chapter is hours long, and I'll want to do a second full playthrough on Nightmare difficulty with New Game +. So basically, I really wish I could find this new for about $35 or so very soon, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Where's that price drop?
Old 09-08-11, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
It seems like just the new game itself is going to take a long time to complete, since each chapter is hours long, and I'll want to do a second full playthrough on Nightmare difficulty with New Game +. So basically, I really wish I could find this new for about $35 or so very soon, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Where's that price drop?
I'd say around Christmas time honestly, and if not Christmas time, then certainly right after the new year. This game looks like it has garned a little bit of cult status, so a drop is taking longer than it normally would. I am still waiting for a drop myself, $30 was my price tag.
Old 09-08-11, 07:13 AM
gamer for life

I have played the original, and I am about 60% through the xbox version...its the only achievement I have left in the game...I will say that the original has not held up as well as my memory...I am struggling finishing it.

Really one of the biggest surprises for me this year...
Old 03-12-13, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Just got the the PC version for birthday - pretty exciting for me lol; getting a Logitech controller to hook up to my Win 7 PC so I can "play". Did the prelude and Vale Of Tears with KB & mouse - ugh (I lack the finger skills). More to come.