Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Battlefield:Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-11, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Battlefield:Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition

I search for this but all I found was PS3 topics. I'm interested in the 360 version. I have never played a BF game except for the 1943 one. I'm not a big fan of the CoD series because ppl just do their own shit and I like more squad based stuffed. Can anyone tell me if the Ultimate Edition is worth the $39 its going for?
Old 03-16-11, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Battlefield:Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition

I paid $39 when the Ultimate Edition first came out and I've for sure gotten my money's worth. The single player campaign is fun and the multi is superb.

It's exponentially more squad based than CoD, the most fun to be had is when you get on a squad that is working together and communicating. The other thing I like a lot is the fact that there are different classes and you can level up without having to get kills.

If you are playing mostly on your own, it can be hit and miss when the game places you in a squad. This is less of a problem right now for those of us on PS3, because it seems like there are are least 1 or 2 people playing every night.
Old 03-16-11, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered the standard 360 version for $22 on half. I just gave up on COD, despite being decent (2.2 k/d) and I'm looking for a game with a bit more team effort.

I already have Battlefield 1943, so not worth the ultimate. If any of my friends (still playing COD) decide to get BC2 I could take advantage of Onslaught mode, but it is available as a $10, download if I chose to get it.

I hope this delivers.
Old 03-16-11, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks guys. Doesn't the Ultimate Edition bring other MP packs as well?
Old 03-16-11, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it's worth $39, but if you can wait a bit it's been on sale a couple times for $29 or lower
Old 03-16-11, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every version of BC2 comes with the VIP multiplayer map packs as long as you buy it new.

The Ultimate Edition comes with Onslaught mode (a coop mode that's normally $10) and 1943, which you'll likely never play. If you can find the regular edition new for $10 or more cheaper, I'd say go for that one.

Still not sure why you didn't just ask in the existing thread though. The game is not significantly different between the consoles.

Gamespot review of BBC2 (multiplayer @ 5:10):

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/30soItyUGR0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tutorial:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0p4fkH9qC4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why Battlefield is better than CoD:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uKG35VGuqHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by chess; 03-16-11 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-17-11, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope you picked up a copy today when it was $16

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2762271
Old 03-17-11, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Hope you picked up a copy today when it was $16

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2762271
Ugh, they do it during work where i have no chance to get in because big game sites are blocked. *roll eyes*. I wish they would run it at a normal time but oh well.
Old 03-18-11, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Ugh, they do it during work where i have no chance to get in because big game sites are blocked. *roll eyes*. I wish they would run it at a normal time but oh well.
Yeah me too. Although I did try it and it told me the code was invalid. But knowing they had it at that price I will wait until I find it for that again if not no big deal.
Old 03-20-11, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should definitely pick it up if you're looking for a change of pace. Myself and many others consider it the best FPS out there right now. It's definitely more fun than the twitch/camptastic COD series, but it might take you a bit to get good as unlocking new weapons and getting a hang of the objectives and maps can take a while. In any case, assuming you get into a decent game, it is definitely the most squad focused FPS out there. And at this point, there are literally dozens of different maps across all the different game types. Most all of them are good and there is a ton of variety.