Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-11, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Originally Posted by John Slider
Who is going to host the squad games tonight? 9:30 for some private matches, maybe some public games before and/or after? Though I'm devastated that Warhawk is being bumped, I am looking forward to finally playing some BFBC2 with the DVDTalk clan. I'm not very good, but I bought the powerful weapons so hopefully I will be of some use. If you are unfortunate enough to draw the short straw and get me on your team, then feel free to bark orders at me and I will do my best to follow them (if I feel like it).
I cant wait to tell you what to do. "Slider, get out there and stand in the door way, we need bait!"
Old 06-21-11, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..or Slider, be a douche!! Wait, that command is already understood, carry on then!
Old 06-21-11, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I suppose I can host. Though I've never messed with any of the private matches on Battlefield. If anyone has any experience doing this, feel free to take the job.

I'll be on around 8pm or so for some public games.
Old 06-21-11, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzness

Squad DM and Rush would be my preferred match types.
I can hop on for that then. Will need to do some updates though as I havent played in a while so hopefully it will be ready in time.
Old 06-21-11, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you've not played the game since before the Vietnam expansion was released then the update is ~1.5 gig so you will want to leave yourself plenty of time.
Old 06-21-11, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll screw around with some hosting crap when I get home since it seems like I'm in charge again.

If anyone was around when I first started hosting Warhawk last year, you'll know where this evening is headed.
Old 06-21-11, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by jdpatri
I'll screw around with some hosting crap when I get home since it seems like I'm in charge again.

If anyone was around when I first started hosting Warhawk last year, you'll know where this evening is headed.

is that the day that killer420deathmurderguy joined the lobby?
Old 06-21-11, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Fun playing with you Ogs. I had to sign off to make dinner, but I'll be back on tonight.
Old 06-21-11, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
is that the day that killer420deathmurderguy joined the lobby?
Correct, sir.
Old 06-21-11, 10:58 PM

Private > Public. Wish we could get that kind of numbers for Warhawk.
Old 06-21-11, 11:08 PM

Also, getting Cruz', Nic's, and R2's dog tags within the first three minutes of our first match was better than I could ever imagine physical contact with a female being.
Old 06-22-11, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Also, getting Cruz', Nic's, and R2's dog tags within the first three minutes of our first match was better than I could ever imagine physical contact with a female being.
Old 06-22-11, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

When you stabbed me I yelled 'Nooooooooo' and everyone was laughing.
Old 06-22-11, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

I thought it was hilarious that those first couple of matches of squad DM was mainly collecting dogtags. I thought that the private matches were great except for the fact we were unable to all communicate. for some reason some players mics would go out intermittently.
nice numbers last night at one point we had me, Flip r2, nic, Slider, ogs, murray, Ktown, mistressbeef, sauce, yawmush and mobilus (guy I work with - him and his brother love the private matches). I wish it would automaticly drop us in a lobby in between matches though.
Old 06-22-11, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by cruzness
I thought it was hilarious that those first couple of matches of squad DM was mainly collecting dogtags. I thought that the private matches were great except for the fact we were unable to all communicate. for some reason some players mics would go out intermittently.
nice numbers last night at one point we had me, Flip r2, nic, Slider, ogs, murray, Ktown, mistressbeef, sauce, yawmush and mobilus (guy I work with - him and his brother love the private matches). I wish it would automaticly drop us in a lobby in between matches though.
what about setting up some out side server to talk on. how many people have computers or something they would be able to be on while ingame if we set up a vent server or something. because i would like to be able to talk trash to everyone during the games.
Old 06-22-11, 09:03 AM

I'm still laughing That was so much fun! I really need to learn how to drive
Old 06-22-11, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ronna182
I'm still laughing That was so much fun! I really need to learn how to drive
Awesome fun last night. I liked Gustav'ing you multiple times, though you took my tags more than that. I snuck up on you and then shot you instead of taking your tags. Have to work on that for next time....
Old 06-22-11, 09:43 AM

if it makes you feel any better, Cruz, Nic and I said at the beginning of that match that our goal was to get you dogtags, and when each of us did, there was a tiny celebration...the "NOM NOM NOM" message was hilarious.
Old 06-22-11, 09:54 AM

I knew, as Cruz said, the first match would be about nothing if not dog tags. All that really mattered was making sure that I got them before you guys did. I snatched Sauce's tags too which was hard as hell on that windmill map. I think my K : D on that one was .05 or something -- worth it.

Each time you guys got my tags there was that split second between death and HUD notification where I'd be saying "Please let it have been Flip." but each time it was one of you bastards.
Old 06-22-11, 09:59 AM

I knew, as Cruz said, the first match would be about nothing if not dog tags. All that really mattered was making sure that I got them before you guys did. I snatched Sauce's tags too which was hard as hell on that windmill map. I think my K : D on that one was .05 or something -- worth it.

Each time you guys got my tags there was that split second between death and HUD notification where I'd be saying "Please let it have been Flip." but each time it was one of you bastards.
everytime someone stabbed me i said, please dont let it be Nic and it never was...
Old 06-22-11, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
everytime someone stabbed me i said, please dont let it be Nic and it never was...
That's because we were on the same team most of the night. The one time that we weren't I was hiding by a fence waiting for you to come past and then I got stabbed. I was hoping it wasn't you. It was yamush.
Old 06-22-11, 10:18 AM

Old 06-22-11, 10:41 AM

Good times last night. I think I C4'ed Cruz's tank at least 5 times.
Old 06-22-11, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by cnicholls44
That's because we were on the same team most of the night. The one time that we weren't I was hiding by a fence waiting for you to come past and then I got stabbed. I was hoping it wasn't you. It was yamush.
for 3/4 of the last map i thought you were on the other team, because it started out that way. I kept saying to yawmuch, "fuck i got stabbed, please don't be Nic!" and then i saw you spawn infront of me and was like "oh, he's on our team."
Old 06-22-11, 11:27 AM

Sorry I missed the game last night. Sounds like it was fun. Just got caught up watching a movie with the wife. Will definitely try to make the next one. How many spots were even open at full capacity last night?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.