40.43%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Halo: Combat Evolved remake - November 15, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-11, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Halo: Combat Evolved remake - November 15, 2011

Yep, had a blast playing through this with a buddy too. Can't wait to jump back in on a higher difficulty.
Old 12-12-11, 10:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Getting used to how things "used" to work took an adjustment.
I was having trouble adjusting too.

Over the years of playing HALO 2, 3, ODST, and Reach with the various changes to the controls.

It took awhile to get adjusted to the Combat Evolved control scheme again.
Old 12-12-11, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My only complaint, although I guess it's understandable, is that the game's improved graphics don't always align perfectly with the existing collision meshes. So an object might have a beautifully curved side instead of a boxy one, but if you try to peek around it and shoot a guy, you hit the invisible collision where the boxy part used to be. You just have to watch the reticle and make sure it lights up red before you fire.
Old 12-12-11, 12:40 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well my problem is the lag in the online coop...only reason I picked this up was to do it coop with a bud...I have played the game many times already so there was no need to do it again, but a Legendary run with a friend was something I was looking forward to...

Anyone else try the coop? Lag for the guest is bad....
Old 12-12-11, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed it a bit, but it wasn't a deal breaker. I have the faster connection of the 2 and it worked better when I was the guest (or I'm just less picky).
Old 12-12-11, 01:03 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by starman9000
I noticed it a bit, but it wasn't a deal breaker. I have the faster connection of the 2 and it worked better when I was the guest (or I'm just less picky).
I think the upload speed is more important with this game..both my friend and I have 20 down...but our upload is 2....the lag the first 4 or 5 times we tried over the last few weeks was giving the guest single digit frame rate....

We were able to play the last time we got on, and the lag was ok...but it did effect aiming and small moves....and on Legendary this can get you killed...
Old 01-02-12, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Finished the co-op campaign the other day. Love the updated graphics and being able to switch back and forth. Had to get use to having friendly fire on and had many accidental partner deaths. I had forgotten how long the levels are and the lack of direction arrow made some tedious navigation. Just need to try the multi-maps.

please let there be a HALO 2 anniversary.
Old 01-06-12, 12:33 AM
gamer for life

we were never able to get the coop lag in a manageable level so I ended up playing and finishing this single player...

I forgot how much harder Legendary is on this....especially toward the end when the flood just come at you non-stop...but very fun and not hair pulling...

I was trying for an achievement at the end for not being ejected from your vehicle on the MAW...it was pissing me off because on legendary if you stop for a second you are dead...and if you try to take the ways to reduce the chance of getting flipped you run out of time....I finally gave up and just finished it, and ended up getting it without even trying...lol..