Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Crysis 2 Demo (xbox 360)

Old 01-25-11, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Crysis 2 Demo (xbox 360)

Anyone else play this?

I know the PC version will be better. But disappointed in it so far. Controls feel clunky. Mostly moving and aiming. Almost feels like your playing a PC game with a unsupported Controller.

and the Level design of the Level in the Demo is really awful.

Also if you use Super Strength a filter of Grids covers alot of the screen. which is annoying.

Really disappointing Demo. Visually its good but not great. lots of pop in and texture pop in as you move around. things dont interact with you as they would in the first one for the pc. I know the Single Player Visuals will be better as MP visuals usually take a hit.
Old 01-25-11, 03:51 PM
wlj

Re: Crysis 2 Demo (xbox 360)

wow, can't wait to check this out.
Old 01-25-11, 07:40 PM
Banned

So I just found out there is no PC demo. That's bullhockey.
Old 01-25-11, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979 View Post
So I just found out there is no PC demo. That's bullhockey.
yeah that sucks. Game doesn't feel like a console game. for example its a pain to just throw a grenade. So much no one really uses grenades in the MP matches I been.

You also dont feel like super solider like you did in the first one.

Though I am sure the Single Player is probably gonna be great.
Old 01-25-11, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I found it hurt my eyes playing it. Not sure if it's the effects or what but i just couldn't really focus on anything. Maybe i'm just getting old
Old 01-26-11, 12:53 AM
gamer for life

I thought it looked amazing...a few hiccups, but overall amazing...It also plays better than the beta I was part of last year...controls are tighter, though still on the soft side....

The problem is the beta is crap. My friends and I were never able to start a game, I was kicked out of multiple games, and had two crashes...I finally gave up on it....

Thank god for Dead Space 2...
Old 01-26-11, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Any word on a PS3 or PC demo?
Old 01-27-11, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I enjoyed it. While I didn't think that it controlled at all clunky, I couldn't quite get the hang of things, but that should just come from spending more time with it.

The most impressive thing was how it looked - I'm gonna go ahead and say it's probably the most graphically impressive thing I've seen on the 360 so far - sometimes, things looked photo-real.
Old 01-28-11, 02:03 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I've heard a lot of negative things about it on the XBOX Forums. Tons of issues with people not being able to get into a game, having tons of lag, or it freezing their console. So, I'm going to wait a bit. I'd like to try it, but I don't want to deal with that stuff and have my console freeze.

I am looking forward to playing the full version though. I'm interested in seeing why people love Crysis so much, as I've never played the PC version. I just wish they wouldn't have taken the setting to (overused and boring due to it) New York.
Old 01-28-11, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Wick View Post
I am looking forward to playing the full version though. I'm interested in seeing why people love Crysis so much
They loved it because it maxed out their $400 video cards.
Old 01-28-11, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk God

I've heard a lot of negative things about it on the XBOX Forums. Tons of issues with people not being able to get into a game, having tons of lag, or it freezing their console. So, I'm going to wait a bit. I'd like to try it, but I don't want to deal with that stuff and have my console freeze.
there was an article about it on one of the gaming sites. basically all of that was happening to quite a few people and they were working to patch up the problem.
Old 01-28-11, 10:23 AM

I thought it looked and ran nicely on my XBOX. However, the multiplayer was your usual garbage. I'm just hoping for good single player.
Old 01-28-11, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cruzness View Post
According to their twitter account there's a multiplayer PC demo coming, but they don't give a date.

http://twitter.com/Crysis/status/30759160287076352#
Old 01-28-11, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am looking forward to playing the full version though. I'm interested in seeing why people love Crysis so much, as I've never played the PC version.
I'm not sure multiplayer Crysis was ever very big.
People enjoyed the original on PC because (at least for the first half) it was a sandbox shooter that, similar to Far Cry, let you make your own path to the objective. Plus as Jeremy517 mentioned it looked amazing. I'm a little worried about Crysis 2, the end of Crysis 1 and Crysis Warhead went further into linear scripted shooter territory, which isn't the strength of the game IMO.
Old 01-28-11, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I only played it for about half an hour, but, aside from waiting about 20 seconds to join a match (which is normal), I didn't experience one single issue.
Old 01-28-11, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by cruzness View Post
Per Joystiq:

Crysis 2 multiplayer demo coming to PC

by Griffin McElroy on Jan 28th 2011 1:00PM
Try not to be too jealous of your console-bound brethren, dear PC gamers. Though Xbox owners have been enjoying the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo since it went "Live" on Tuesday, you'll be able to get your hands on its Nanosuit-infused gameplay soon enough. Crytek announced the demo's PC release on Twitter, saying, "At this time, Crytek & EA are glad to confirm that we'll be releasing a pre-launch Crysis 2 multiplayer demo on PC! Stay tuned for details."

We'll let you know when said details emerge -- until then, we suggest you start planning what types of enhancements you want built into your super-powered soldier. Ours, for instance? He can jump really high, withstand a lot of bullets, and also, he's a very proficient public speaker.
Old 01-28-11, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I pre-ordered this a few months back when EA f'd up my MoH order. They offered me 50% off anything -- so I stocked up on all future releases.
Old 01-28-11, 02:47 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I only played it for about half an hour, but, aside from waiting about 20 seconds to join a match (which is normal), I didn't experience one single issue.
There are some people who have said that they haven't had any problems. However, there are about 10 threads about how much it sucks on the XBOX Forums. Then again, people there jump to conclusions far too quickly and seem to think it's the finished project as opposed to a beta.
Old 01-28-11, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can't play it on my 360 (RE5 red elite edition) it locks up when starting a match freezing up the entire system all I can do is power down from the front of the console. My daughter though can play on her new slim 250GB unit no problems getting into matches or freezing.
Old 01-28-11, 11:40 PM
gamer for life

oh fuck yeah...my friends and I have been playing for a couple of hours..this thing is amazing...if they fix the lag and connection problems they have my dollar.
Old 01-29-11, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Edison View Post
I can't play it on my 360 (RE5 red elite edition) it locks up when starting a match freezing up the entire system all I can do is power down from the front of the console. My daughter though can play on her new slim 250GB unit no problems getting into matches or freezing.
Mine locked up too. Bullshit.
Old 01-29-11, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I haven't played it, but I've heard it locks up if you're on a wireless connection at all. Maybe it works on Wireless-N and that's why the slims can handle it?
Old 01-29-11, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Shagrath View Post
I haven't played it, but I've heard it locks up if you're on a wireless connection at all. Maybe it works on Wireless-N and that's why the slims can handle it?
That can't be it; I'm wireless and my 360's not a slim (it's one of the early hdmi models), and it played perfectly.
Old 01-29-11, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The first one was awesome. That is until the storyline introduced the whole alien bullshit. I stopped playing after that.

Oh and my old crappy video card ran it fine. I had it on medium settings but it still looked good. This is definitely a game meant for the PC.
Old 01-29-11, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
The first one was awesome. That is until the storyline introduced the whole alien bullshit. I stopped playing after that.

Far Cry was like that as well. The first half is awesome with the open-ended jungle environment hunting down soldiers, but the second half becomes a mediocre corridor shooter killing mutants. Its like Crytek didn't even bother to listen to their fans complain about the mutants from Far Cry.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.