Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Crysis 2 Demo (xbox 360)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-11, 12:53 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Crysis 2 Demo (xbox 360)

Finished it...I agree with gametrailers and IGN's 91 score...one of the best FPS single players in a long time, and better than every Call of Duty Single player combined....

Two problems, I noticed a lot of color banding late in the game....I am not sure if I am just calibrated wrong, but I swear I did not notice it early in the game...and when I started up a super soldier run, it was still there...but now early in the game as well...anyone else notice this? Maybe I missed it at first...

Also, is the nano upgrade for being able to track cloaked enemies, that cost 16000 to upgrade..the biggest waste of an upgrade ever? As far as I can tell the ONLY time you will EVER use it is during the last 10 minutes of the game..did I miss something?

I think I will do a Super run before MP...
Old 03-27-11, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by parrotheads4
Slop, I agree with you. It is me. But don't you wish the controls (in all shooters) could be more intuitive?
Well, yeah, that's just what you have to deal with when using an analog controller for aiming as opposed to a mouse. But then the trade off is that controlling actual movement of your character is much easier with a controller than it is with a keyboard.
Old 03-27-11, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I tried out the multiplayer for the last couple of nights. I am enjoying this a lot more than Black Ops. But...the only complaints I have for playing Team Deathmatch are:
Way too many campers using cloaking and sniper rifles.
Getting killed behind your back because of the cloaking. Very annoying.
At the start of the game, I got hit with a sniper bullet instantly after the countdown timer begins. (Example: 3..2..1 dead already.) Then is shows the kill cam of a sniper bullet hitting me. How the hell is this possible? The game hasn't even started. This happened to me a few times.

I tried out Crash Site. (It like Domination, but it's more like Headquarters (Call of Duty). I rather play this more than team deathmatch. Very fun.

I'd like to try out "Classic" for team deathmatch. No Nanosuits. I need to level up 16 more to unlock that option.
Old 03-27-11, 03:49 PM
gamer for life

its no joke that if you skip all the fights you can fly through this thing...On Super Soldier with full upgrade, I am on chapter 7 in well less than 2 hours.... so far there has been only one fight you HAD to fight
Spoiler:
the attack helicopter you have to take down in chpt 4 or 5
and that was easy with the fully upgraded armor...
Old 03-27-11, 11:33 PM
gamer for life

Finished Super Soldier run...took 4 hours 15 minutes...LOL...
Old 03-28-11, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

So you keep all your upgrades when you start a new playthrough? Or do you just replay each chapter at the Super Soldier difficulty?
Old 03-28-11, 10:45 AM
gamer for life

I had all upgrades when I started a new game on Super....I also had all upgrades when I did a chapter select...as far as I can tell there is not even a choice to not have your upgrades when doing chapter select or a new game...
Old 03-28-11, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I beat the game twice (easy and super soldier) and found every collectible item and all 10 "speeding ticket" checkpoints in just under 12 hours

Fully upgraded stealth makes the game a joke.
Old 03-29-11, 07:38 AM
gamer for life

MP seems broken to me....

I played 8 games...the first 4 stopped for host migration...after 30 seconds of looking, it just kicked me out of the game...

5th game was fine..I got the highest scorer achievement, and went 17-4

Next game I did not know what was going on...I died after spawning over and over...the kill-cam was never what I saw during the game..I would be shooting someone...and die...kill-cam would show them to my left or right, but during the game they were right in front of me...I went 0-19...the worst mp game I have played since Counter-strike...

next two games again with host migrations...

Fuck that shit
Old 03-29-11, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Stayed up and finished last night (soldier/med) difficulty. The game was a blast even though the story was a hot mess and most of the game rehashes other games. I also think that 90% of the suit powers were largely useless. Despite those drawbacks (and glitches, yeah had another last night), it's an easy recommendation. Very fun game.

Now time to go back on Super Soldier and clean up on some cheevos.

This is THE game that Halo should have been when the Covenant battle came to Earth.
Old 03-29-11, 08:06 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

This is THE game that Halo should have been when the Covenant battle came to Earth.
The single player in Crysis 2 is way better than Halo Reach...I agree with you....to bad it does not have 4 player coop with scaling difficulty though...that is why I enjoyed Reach so much...
Old 04-02-11, 06:01 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts

can someone please give me some help in the beginning?

i read the FAQ @ Game FAQs and still don't know what i am doing or how to read the sights to know where to go...

i am just after "In the Deep End" and i have to go north through the camp, i kill a bunch of guys, get to the keypad on the big door and it says take an alternate route. i don't know what this alternate route is or how to know where it is, even using the visor. i see the blue dot which is my objective, but just leads to the big door with keypad.

someone, please get me through this very early stage and hopefully i can work out the rest.

thanks in advance.
Old 04-02-11, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There should already be some walkthroughs in YouTube.
Old 04-02-11, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

From what I remember, you go right through some long covered structures where there are more enemies waiting.
Old 04-02-11, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Wow. There is a map in the corner of the screen. Try that. Or just explore some more, you'll find where to go, it's not like this is a giant sandbox game. It's very linear and there's only a single path.
Old 04-03-11, 01:42 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by scott1598
can someone please give me some help in the beginning?

i read the FAQ @ Game FAQs and still don't know what i am doing or how to read the sights to know where to go...

i am just after "In the Deep End" and i have to go north through the camp, i kill a bunch of guys, get to the keypad on the big door and it says take an alternate route. i don't know what this alternate route is or how to know where it is, even using the visor. i see the blue dot which is my objective, but just leads to the big door with keypad.

someone, please get me through this very early stage and hopefully i can work out the rest.

thanks in advance.
There were a couple of points in the game like this...where it was not clear what you had to do...which for me made the game fun...(hate hand holding)

One point, and I don't know if this is where you are at...you had to kick open or shoot open a metal gate that leads to the sewers..

Another point this happened, you had to go into a building...the doors open up AFTER the game tells you to find an alternative route...
Old 04-03-11, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Also your visor tells you where to go exactly like Halo. The light blue destination distance is always your goal.
Old 04-03-11, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Just fired up the MP for the first time yesterday... it's very Halo-esque to me but in a better way. Does anyone know how to activiate your hologram? I searched the controls high and low but nothing explains how to do that.
Old 04-03-11, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Also your visor tells you where to go exactly like Halo. The light blue destination distance is always your goal.
yes, as i mentioned the visor only points to the original objective point and not this alternate route, unless i am reading it wrong, but when i follow through map it leads to original destination. i found some youtube vids thanks to Raul3 that looks like it will help. i was where i was supposed to be, but just didn't know what to do when i got there. i will work through it.
thanks for all the help.
Old 04-03-11, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
Just fired up the MP for the first time yesterday... it's very Halo-esque to me but in a better way. Does anyone know how to activiate your hologram? I searched the controls high and low but nothing explains how to do that.
it has to be equipped on your weapon. then (IIRC) use left on the d-pad and hit your right trigger - the hologram should shoot out in front of you.
Old 04-03-11, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
yes, as i mentioned the visor only points to the original objective point and not this alternate route, unless i am reading it wrong, but when i follow through map it leads to original destination. i found some youtube vids thanks to Raul3 that looks like it will help. i was where i was supposed to be, but just didn't know what to do when i got there. i will work through it.
thanks for all the help.
IIRC if you have the visor enabled at specific points, it will point out "tactical options available".
Old 04-03-11, 04:22 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rented it the other night. So far, I'm only 10% into the campaign on its hardest difficulty. I like it, but I'm not blown away by the gameplay. Hopefully I will be as I progress more.

The multiplayer doesn't seem that great, but I'll give it more time. That's just an early impression.
Old 04-24-11, 04:29 PM

nevermind
Old 04-24-11, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Wick
I rented it the other night. So far, I'm only 10% into the campaign on its hardest difficulty. I like it, but I'm not blown away by the gameplay. Hopefully I will be as I progress more.

The multiplayer doesn't seem that great, but I'll give it more time. That's just an early impression.
I couldn't get into this game until the half way point myself. The second half was great, IMO.
Old 04-24-11, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Once you upgrade the stealth this game is way to easy. I played through a second time (you keep all your upgrades from the previous game) on super soldier and I did it even faster. I still enjoyed the game though and the graphics are second to none.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.