Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Keiji inafune has left capcom

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-10, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Keiji inafune has left capcom

Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune has left Capcom, one month after revealing his Mega Man Legends 3 Project for 3DS, six months after being promoted to Global Head of Production and 23 years after joining the company. He was also the CEO of Capcom's online games subsidiary Daletto.

According to Andriasang's summary and translation of his blog post announcing the departure, Inafune declared he had no more "stairs" to climb within Capcom. "It would probably be good for me to sit gracefully in this seat and become a leading figure in the industry," he wrote. "However, I cannot do this. Settling down means death for a creator. As long as you are a creator, you cannot settle down." Inafune has been particularly unsettled lately, making frequent, harsh criticisms of the Japanese game industry, and (in what seemed like a frustrated joke at the time) declaring that he hated his job.

We think we know what happened here: It wasn't that Capcom higher-ups, uh, encouraged him out for his critical statements, or that Inafune received a more lucrative offer from one of the Western publishers he has become so fascinated with -- it's just that his Mega Man Legends 3 character design got last place.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/29/ke...leaves-capcom/

Mega Man will never be the same. I wonder what new I.P. he'll create next? And which Western developer will he go to? Bethesda?
Old 10-30-10, 06:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Keiji inafune has left capcom

Originally Posted by mhg83
And which Western developer will he go to?
Probably Blue Castle. They co-developed Dead Rising 2 and Chuck Greene's jacket has "Keiji" spelled backwards.
Old 10-30-10, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Probably Blue Castle. They co-developed Dead Rising 2 and Chuck Greene's jacket has "Keiji" spelled backwards.
Which was just purchased by Capcom, interestingly enough.
Old 10-30-10, 08:00 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I do hope we still see more Dead Rising games...although Inafune should never be allowed anywhere near a movie camera ever again.