DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Xbox Live Gold Pricing is Changing starting November 1st, 2010! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/578612-xbox-live-gold-pricing-changing-starting-november-1st-2010-a.html)

Kedrix 09-02-10 04:25 PM

Re: Xbox Live Gold Pricing is Changing starting November 1st, 2010!

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 10352437)
Glad to see that the Penny Arcades haven't gotten any funnier in the one year interval since I last looked at one.

*shrug*, I thought it was pretty funny. But then again, I have several books of the collected strips.

Seriously though, I hope we all find more pleasing pricing before November. I won't be going the Microsoft route, I refuse to give them my credit card #. I'll find something, stay tuned :)

Supermallet 09-02-10 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 10352437)
Glad to see that the Penny Arcades haven't gotten any funnier in the one year interval since I last looked at one.

I think it somehow managed to become even less funny.

davidh777 09-03-10 03:31 AM

I just started Live to get DL songs for my music games so I'm kinda stuck needing some kind of access. They'll probably release new Beatles DLC after the hike. :) (And yeah, I know MS doesn't control that...)

I also just started Netflix streaming, which is pretty darn nice, though I have to say I've been spoiled by Blu-ray picture and am not wild about the streaming quality. I compared a Blu-ray picture to a non-HD streaming picture to a couple family members and they said they couldn't tell any difference. :(

Originally Posted by UncleGramps (Post 10346425)
That's what I'm saying, Amazon will only let me purchase one card. It said "you can only purchase one of this item per month" or something to that effect.

I've run into the same problem trying to buy points cards, which is annoying because the small cards are much better value than the large cards. I don't recall getting any specific message about the limit either, other than I've bought it before and there are limits that don't allow me to get any more at this time, which is also annoying.

tonyc3742 09-03-10 06:02 AM

Pretty sure you only need a free Silver account to buy stuff, including RBDLC though there are the Deals which are only for Gold members.
Netflix however, does require Gold. When I've streamed the picture hasn't been HD, but it's been perfectly acceptable.

K&AJones 09-03-10 12:45 PM

I'm not going to throw a hissy fit over this since it comes to a average of a whooping $2.00 per month. But you'll still find deals on card (12 month) all over so no big deal.

But as some have pointed out it's all the extra services being offered that's causing the increase and sad to say...everyone is flipping the bill which shouldn't be the case. As I say...you use it...you pay for it...not everyone else.

Raul3 09-03-10 04:10 PM

One analyst already suggested a Platinum level of Xbox Live. For $100.

$100 is a lot of money of course, but I can see something like that if Microsoft really wants the Xbox to be the center of your living room.

I would pay $100 for a combination of:

- Hulu Plus
- Netflix (service similar to Netflix, not having to pay extra $10)
- PSN+. Meaning being able to play full games for a given period of time, achievements included of course, and one or two free XBL games a month.

porieux 10-07-10 06:51 PM

I got PSN+ when it came out in order to try Hulu Plus and it was pretty much a waste of money.
The games they give are crap and the discounts are generally on junk like themes and such.