Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official Rock Band Thread of Music Game Evolution

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-13, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: The Official Rock Band Thread of Music Game Evolution

Since there was no discount, I only picked up 3 of the songs last night (I can wait on REO Speedwagon and wasn't jazzed about the Nazareth re-record). I haven't played them yet, but I can only hope my pipes are as angelic as Charlie's.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mQ_l9gvCY-s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-14-13, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So HMX is not currently working on a RB title, which is fine...for now.

But with a new console coming, I certainly hope that RB3 and all my DLC is going to work on the next XBOX.

As for RB4 I would hope they have enough core players to get another release worked out. Id also be more than willing to make monthly subscription payments to HMX if it guaranteed ongoing DLC.
Old 02-14-13, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kelkee
So HMX is not currently working on a RB title, which is fine...for now.

But with a new console coming, I certainly hope that RB3 and all my DLC is going to work on the next XBOX.

As for RB4 I would hope they have enough core players to get another release worked out. Id also be more than willing to make monthly subscription payments to HMX if it guaranteed ongoing DLC.
Backwards compatibility for software isn't the only concern. If they use a different spec for the wireless controllers then you can forget about using old peripherals on a new console.

and I think a monthly subscription plan is a bad idea. The concept of paying for the DLC that you want works perfectly fine. I shouldn't have to pay for a month knowing it may bring more Smash Mouth DLC.

But yeah if there's a problem with playing RB3 on the new Xbox I'll just keep my 360. Not much of a problem.
Old 02-14-13, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 747 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
Backwards compatibility for software isn't the only concern. If they use a different spec for the wireless controllers then you can forget about using old peripherals on a new console.
Don't the controllers communicate to a dongle, not directly to the console? At least on PS3 they do, maybe 360 is different.
Old 02-14-13, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Don't the controllers communicate to a dongle, not directly to the console? At least on PS3 they do, maybe 360 is different.
360 is definitely direct to the console.
Old 02-14-13, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 747 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Shagrath
360 is definitely direct to the console.
Gotcha.
Old 02-14-13, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,209 Likes on 4,236 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
If you have a Tuesday Morning in your area, their Sunday ad showed a bunch of Rock Band/Guitar Hero bundles for super cheap. When I got to mine it was all PS3/Wii stuff, but you might have better luck.
I just went to the one near me. Now this is a store I've driven by every morning and every evening five days a week for five years now and have never checked out (it's in a Sun City retirement community and I figured I'd have a good shot at getting some stuff since the typical patron seems unlikely to want a guitar controller for the 360). What a shit-hole. Makes the Dollar Stores I sometimes check out look like Neiman Marcus. Anyway, there were PS3 and Wii RB3 Keys (which I don't need), Shred skateboards (already have, unfortunately) and the only GH stuff was Heroes of Rock for the PS2. That's right, the PS2!
Old 02-14-13, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If ANYONE finds a wooden stratocaster guitar anywhere in the wild, PLEASE let me know. I'm desperate to replace my broken one.
Old 02-15-13, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,083 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
If ANYONE finds a wooden stratocaster guitar anywhere in the wild, PLEASE let me know. I'm desperate to replace my broken one.
How did yours break? Just curious since I have one and want to make sure my doesn't do the same thing.
Old 02-15-13, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The main green button just popped off. The "spring" mechanism on it is broken and won't stay on. I don't know how it happened, maybe from normal wear & tear, or maybe someone picked it up wrong or bumped into it somehow. Anyway, it sucks!
Old 02-15-13, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

DLC for 2/19:

Hey gang,

On February 19th, tracks previously available as part of Rock Band Blitz will be made available for download as singles in the Rock Band Music Store! These tracks include Barenaked Ladies’ “One Week,” a re-record of Collective Soul’s “Shine,” and Fall Out Boy’s “A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More ‘Touch Me’”.

Players can still pick up the controller-based arcade rhythm action of Rock Band Blitz on PlayStation Network for $14.99 and Xbox LIVE Arcade for 1200 MS Points. Rock Band Blitz comes with the above songs, along with 23 more hit tracks, all fully compatible with a full band and instruments Rock Band 3!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (February 19th, 2013):

• Barenaked Ladies – “One Week” O

• Collective Soul – “Shine”

• Fall Out Boy – “A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More ‘Touch Me’”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 20th)

Price:

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
Old 02-15-13, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
That would really stink. If they cant patch existing to make it compatible the they are forcing us to buy all new instruments for the new xbox.

and I think a monthly subscription plan is a bad idea. The concept of paying for the DLC that you want works perfectly fine. I shouldn't have to pay for a month knowing it may bring more Smash Mouth DLC.
It depends. If I don't want the dlc then I don't download it. If subscribers were offered credits per month to use for dlc then that may help. You could carry over credits for dlc you didnt want that month. At least some sort of rewards program to keep players interested.

You wouldn't pay a subscription even if it gave you some perks? Early access? Bonus traks? Extra costumes, instruments avatar bling?

But yeah if there's a problem with playing RB3 on the new Xbox I'll just keep my 360. Not much of a problem.
My other thought is that they make/use an OUYA type console, and make a proprietary RB console. Ditch MS and SONY all together. Setup their own DLC servers and cut out the middle men.
Old 02-15-13, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Kelkee
That would really stink. If they cant patch existing to make it compatible the they are forcing us to buy all new instruments for the new xbox.
This won't be a problem. They already stopped making instruments for the current system. They just will continue to not make them for the new ones.
Old 02-15-13, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
This won't be a problem. They already stopped making instruments for the current system. They just will continue to not make them for the new ones.
I've noticed this. Seems you can find new pro guitars online pretty regularly. But standard new guitars seem to be hard to find at a decent price.
Old 02-15-13, 11:57 AM

Try finding replacement drums. Nightmare.
Old 02-15-13, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
So my sealed Ringo drums that I've been wanting to get rid of for years but didn't because I didn't think it would be worth the trouble may actually be worth something now?

Sweet.
Old 02-15-13, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by MWB
So my sealed Ringo drums that I've been wanting to get rid of for years but didn't because I didn't think it would be worth the trouble may actually be worth something now?
Hard to say.
Old 02-15-13, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I wouldn't say a Nightmare, just not cheap.

http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem....&idCategory=97
Old 02-15-13, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yep. You can almost buy a professional drum kit for what the RB kit is going for now.
Old 02-15-13, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

I wish I hadn't waited on getting the third cymbal for the ION Drum set. I know I could just get an electronic drum kit cymbal, but it would annoy me that they don't match, and I don't want to have to buy 3 to have matching cymbals. Thanks, OCD.

Also, the downstrum on my GHIII guitar stopped working. I should see if there's a way to fix that. I never thought finding instruments would be a problem. It always seemed like there were heaps of them everywhere.
Old 02-15-13, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,083 Likes on 657 Posts

I have a complete and unopened RB3 band kit just sitting in my attic for just this reason. Got it at Target a couple of years ago when they were clearancing them out for around 35 bucks. I would miss the look of my Beatles drums though.

If my wood strat ever died though, I would have to find someway to replace it. I should have bought a back-up one of it as well but didn't know how I would take to it at the time. I don't know if I could go back to playing with the original guitar after using it.
Old 02-18-13, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just went to the one near me. Now this is a store I've driven by every morning and every evening five days a week for five years now and have never checked out (it's in a Sun City retirement community and I figured I'd have a good shot at getting some stuff since the typical patron seems unlikely to want a guitar controller for the 360). What a shit-hole. Makes the Dollar Stores I sometimes check out look like Neiman Marcus. Anyway, there were PS3 and Wii RB3 Keys (which I don't need), Shred skateboards (already have, unfortunately) and the only GH stuff was Heroes of Rock for the PS2. That's right, the PS2!
I went to the one near me on Sat. There were Wii and PS3 keyboards and most of the stuff you mentioned. Several Band Heros for the DS. Nothing for the 360.
Old 02-18-13, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GoVegan
I wish I hadn't waited on getting the third cymbal for the ION Drum set. I know I could just get an electronic drum kit cymbal, but it would annoy me that they don't match, and I don't want to have to buy 3 to have matching cymbals. Thanks, OCD.
The Ion kit was just a rebranded Simmons kit with the interface module. You can pick up the same cymbal pads.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums...one-cymbal-pad
Old 02-18-13, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

@RockBand: After 5+ years of weekly updates, new Rock Band DLC releases will be ending in April. Click here for details: http://t.co/MpzpM4eM
Old 02-18-13, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Hey gang,

As you may have seen in our recent announcement regarding the release of Rock Band Blitz tracks as singles, Rock Band DLC production has gradually slowed over the past 5 years. We’ve managed to maintain a consistent release schedule for a staggering 275 consecutive weeks, releasing over 4,000 songs for the Rock Band Platform, but in recent months we’ve scaled production down as we’ve transitioned resources onto other projects. With several new titles in development and developers needed to usher these new games along, April 2nd will be the last weekly DLC release for Rock Band.

While there is no content currently scheduled beyond April 2nd, we still have DLC releases lined up for the next few weeks, including the remaining tracks from RB Blitz, several Pro guitar upgrades, and a handful of artists who have not yet appeared in Rock Band. We’re incredibly proud of the DLC milestones we’ve set, especially producing the largest music library of any game available, and we wouldn’t have been able to release as much outstanding content without the support of our amazing community. As thanks to the community, we’re going to continue the ongoing DLC sale of 50% off over 1,100 songs so fans can continue to build their personal libraries from our back catalog.

We hope that you’ll all agree that this has been a tremendous run, and you should know it’s a ride that we at Harmonix have been thrilled to be a part of. We’re going to continue to support the forums and RockBand.com and hope to still see you rocking out online, in photos of Rock Band parties shared on Twitter and Facebook, or here on the forums. Whether you waited in line for a midnight release of Rock Band over 5 years ago, or you just joined the party with Rock Band Blitz… whether you’ve downloaded every single song we’ve ever released, or you’ve just played on disc songs until your neighbors moved away… whether you’re a metal shredder, or a bubblegum pop singer… thank you for being a part of our band.

Rock On,

Harmonix Music Systems

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.