Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-11, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Old 02-11-11, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

For size:
Spoiler:

Old 02-11-11, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
I decided to go ahead and buy Serious Sam 2 while it's on sale because www.croteam.com just announced that SS3 is coming this summer.

I didn't want to be lost in the narrative!
I caved and bought it this morning as well. I was in a spending mood (grabbed a half dozen RB tracks with it).

Not sure when I'll get to it though.
Old 02-11-11, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sweet! Well, we should partner up on it again.
Old 02-11-11, 01:24 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Played through the first part of Stacking last night and I enjoyed it. It's not as good as Costume Quest so far IMO, but I don't have any regrets about getting it right away.
Old 02-11-11, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For size:
Spoiler:

Best comment on joystiq so far
" Exteriors?

Game changer."
Old 02-11-11, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Sweet! Well, we should partner up on it again.
Sounds good.
Old 02-11-11, 05:23 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Hard Corps:Uprising a 9.0 from Game Informer
Old 02-11-11, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Dammit. That was the only one I thought for sure I could skip.
Old 02-11-11, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Game Informer gives BG&E HD 9.25
Old 02-11-11, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder if I'll still feel like this with BG&E HD
Old 02-11-11, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

It's going to be like a new game to me. Even though I'd put it in my top 5 of last gen, I have't played it since it came out. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 02-11-11, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

One of my faves of the Xbox as well. (And one of my first buys, I still remember seeing it for dirt cheap at BB)
Old 02-11-11, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have never played it.

What style controls does it have? Old fashioned tank controls (like RE)?
Old 02-11-11, 10:15 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on the last level of Hard Corps: Uprising. I really like it. It's fast, frenetic and fun. Very challenging however, so it might frustrate a lot of people.
Old 02-12-11, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by xmiyux
I have never played it.

What style controls does it have? Old fashioned tank controls (like RE)?
It plays like Zelda.
Old 02-12-11, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
It plays like Zelda.
Thanks! I will probably pick it up due to reputation alone.
Old 02-12-11, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bird Assassin is a steal for 80 points.

Old 02-12-11, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Thanks! I will probably pick it up due to reputation alone.
Yep, L&O's review was pretty spot on. Like Zelda but without the annoying quests.
Old 02-16-11, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,202 Likes on 4,229 Posts

It's the kick off for the Block Party y'all. Where's all the buzz? Did anyone try Hard Corps yet?

Also xbox.com is listing Twisted Pixel's Kinect game The Gunstringer as an XBLA title. TP was yet to confirm that.
Old 02-16-11, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I downloaded HC:U. That's a pretty big step for me as of late. I'm afraid of falling in love with games at full price when I have so much I own yet to play.

Not surprised Gunstringer is XBLA, happy to hear it confirmed(ish), though. I could see a lot of good coming from Kinect integration.

Speaking of which, my friends and I get together and play poker once a month and we were talking about Full House Poker maybe replacing the need to see each other. I started talking about how Kinect integration would be cool since we've seen that AvatarKinect can track facial features and stuff. I was thinking it would cool if it could track your eyes and pan around the table to see the other players as it was there turn. Even if it could pick up on reactions, forced or otherwise. Largely useless when you're dealing with Avatars, but the tech appears to be there.
Old 02-16-11, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Speaking of which, my friends and I get together and play poker once a month and we were talking about Full House Poker maybe replacing the need to see each other. I started talking about how Kinect integration would be cool since we've seen that AvatarKinect can track facial features and stuff. I was thinking it would cool if it could track your eyes and pan around the table to see the other players as it was there turn. Even if it could pick up on reactions, forced or otherwise. Largely useless when you're dealing with Avatars, but the tech appears to be there.
So question...I'm not fortunate enough to have a Poker group. Hence why I play through online services. But if you have a poker group and you are meeting once a month to play poker....are you really there for poker or for the human interaction? I would think you would want to see each other, and not care so much about the poker aspect. That just happens to be what you guys have in common. If the answer is poker and you really don't care about one on one human aspect...then why bother calling them friends at all ? That just struck me as odd .
Old 02-16-11, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought it was pretty obvious that pinata is actually an advanced robot. Don't fall into the trap of assigning him human attributes like "friendship" or "emotions".
Old 02-16-11, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Kedrix
So question...I'm not fortunate enough to have a Poker group. Hence why I play through online services. But if you have a poker group and you are meeting once a month to play poker....are you really there for poker or for the human interaction? I would think you would want to see each other, and not care so much about the poker aspect. That just happens to be what you guys have in common. If the answer is poker and you really don't care about one on one human aspect...then why bother calling them friends at all ? That just struck me as odd .
Hahaha! They're a group of friends that the only time I ever see is when we play. And since I win most of the time we play, I'm ok with continuing to play. It's a back-burner social outlet.

And it was mostly a joke about replacing the meeting with online interaction, though not far from reality with clashing schedules and life moving people away. It would be easier.
Old 02-16-11, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Kedrix
This is pinata you're talking about. The other guys are there strictly for the poker.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.