Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-10, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by Decker
Speaking about Indie games, I know everyone was so happy with the recent move of Indie games location within the Game Marketplace, but to me it seemed just as hard to find as before. You still have to scroll around to find them. Is the new location really an improvement?
It's not any easier or harder to find than XBLA games or demos.

But I think the location and the "preview box arts" in the tab work better than where it used to be.
Old 11-18-10, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by superfro
It's a tab in the section with all the other downloadable games (XBLA, Demos, Games On Demand). To me that makes them much easier to find then on the last option of Specialty Shops. What do you have to scroll around to?
You have to go to the Games tab, then scroll to the right to find Indie games. If you don't know where it is, the selection sin't visable from the main store. It took me a moment to find the new location. I'm certainly not saying it's impossible to find, but you still have to search to get there (as opposed to before, when you could see it right away from the main Marketplace). I just don't think this new location is any better, except that it's under Games instead of Specialty Stores.
Frankly, I don't get the new redesign. I thought everything was much easier to find before.

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
It's not any easier or harder to find than XBLA games or demos.
Disagree. Those are visible from the main tab, but Indie games are not. You must scroll right from Games in order to find them.
Old 11-18-10, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I just don't think this new location is any better, except that it's under Games instead of Specialty Stores.
That fact alone is exactly what makes it better.

But to be clear, I'm talking about making it better than being in Specialty Shops, not better than before the dash redesign.
Old 11-18-10, 03:40 PM

I still can't understand why they made Destination Arcade DOA. It seemed like a cool interface (albeit one that takes WAY too long to load). They were totally indifferent about it and gave it zero support, in fact they pulled the download after Summer of the Arcade. Now it's like impossible to even find on my Xbox, let alone use. What's most strange though, is that it seems like it was specifically designed to interface with Kinect. I wonder why they decided to basically abort it like they did.
Old 11-18-10, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think that was a preview of some kind, like the WAY old original Community Games preview.

Maybe?
Old 11-18-10, 03:46 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Yeah, I remember at the time they said it was a preview that was only going to be available during SoA.
Old 11-18-10, 03:47 PM

So you think it might come back in some form later? I hope so. If they could have made it load faster, I thought it had some usefulness, especially for those who aren't yet XBLA junkies.
Old 11-18-10, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

One thing about the Indie Games section now is that when you select 'Games' it actually shows you the Indie Games one really quickly and then scrolls to the left. I guess the idea is to show you that it's there, which is better than nothing...

IMO the whole information design of the marketplace needs an overhaul, it's quite convoluted. Though still miles ahead of Sony's.
Old 11-19-10, 01:38 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Costume Quest is getting a 5 hour, winter themed add-on in December called
"Grubbins on Ice"

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6284268.html

Thankfully they are also adding a save feature so you don't have to rely on autosaves anymore

Some screens
Spoiler:

Old 11-19-10, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did nobody here buy Fireball?

There's nary a DVDTalker on my leaderboard.
Old 11-19-10, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I did, but we aren't friends! I got 2 other DVDTalker's on my leaderboards, and that's it. Damn shame.
Old 11-19-10, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flashburn
I did, but we aren't friends! I got 2 other DVDTalker's on my leaderboards, and that's it. Damn shame.
I just sent a friend request through the website.

I'm going to need to take an axe to my list very soon, I think I'm one away from the cap.
Old 11-19-10, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got it as well of course. But I think I'm maxed out on the friend's list.
Old 11-19-10, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
I just sent a friend request through the website.

I'm going to need to take an axe to my list very soon, I think I'm one away from the cap.
Cool, I accepted it. Now some more of you guys need to buy Fireball, do it:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5506de?cid=RSS

DO IT! ONE DOLLAR!
Old 11-19-10, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Originally Posted by porieux
One thing about the Indie Games section now is that when you select 'Games' it actually shows you the Indie Games one really quickly and then scrolls to the left. I guess the idea is to show you that it's there, which is better than nothing...

IMO the whole information design of the marketplace needs an overhaul, it's quite convoluted. Though still miles ahead of Sony's.
I dunno... maybe it's only because Sony has less updates, but if I don't log on for a week, I find it easy enough to scroll through the list of Sony's latest items and sales to remind me what came out. I've given up on that in the Xbox marketplace, where unless something is spotlighted, I only get to see the latest 10 new Rock Band songs or whatever. Is there something I'm missing?
Old 11-19-10, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just bought it, now I just need the kid to finish watching 'The Backyardigans' so I can actually play it.
Old 11-19-10, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nice. I'll send you a friend request.
Old 11-19-10, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had almost a full page (of ten) of IRL friends that I convinced to buy it, that made me proud.
Old 11-19-10, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't got to it yet. I will be soon.
Old 11-19-10, 10:52 PM

Got Fireball the other based on the recommendations in here and love it. I'll definitely be picking up the rest of his games.
Old 11-20-10, 05:16 PM

Reminder : Super Meat Boy goes up to regular price of 1200 points either 11/21 or 11/22. If you were on the fence about this title, you should make up your mind quickly.
Old 11-21-10, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I bought Fireball but haven't played it too much yet.

Originally Posted by fujishig
I dunno... maybe it's only because Sony has less updates, but if I don't log on for a week, I find it easy enough to scroll through the list of Sony's latest items and sales to remind me what came out. I've given up on that in the Xbox marketplace, where unless something is spotlighted, I only get to see the latest 10 new Rock Band songs or whatever. Is there something I'm missing?
I think it is because Sony has a lot less updates
Depending on what you are looking for on XBLM you may have to dig a bit deeper but you should still be able to see what is new. Arcade games go back pretty far if you go into that section, of you want Rock Band songs you can go into that section, or the store in the game of course.
Old 11-22-10, 08:55 AM

Fireball update is up. Adds Proximity mode to the challenges, a tight playfield with a lot of stuff coming at you. I'm currently #1 on the leaderboard, but I only expect that to last until there's a second score on there
Old 11-22-10, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Has anybody gotten their 800 points for October since the initial group?
Old 11-22-10, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

No. I just hope I get it before the Halo map pack next week.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.