Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-10, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by Decker
Alien Breed 3 : Decent
I thought you were reviewing the game there.
Old 11-17-10, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Today's the day! After so much time reading previews, watching trailers and waiting, one of XBLA'S most highly-anticipated sequels is finally upon us. I'm so relieved that they managed to keep the price point at 800 points, just like the original was!

Alien Breed 3 : Decent Demo Link
Spoiler:
Old 11-17-10, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should I still keep my hopes up for Sunset Riders and/or Game Room Pack 13? Haven't really followed Game Room.
Old 11-17-10, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thelwig14
Should I still keep my hopes up for Sunset Riders and/or Game Room Pack 13? Haven't really followed Game Room.
Wait until next Wednesday and see if there's a GP012 first
Old 11-17-10, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Is that a fixed cycle? 3 weeks in between??
Old 11-17-10, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Not set in stone, but GP011's contents have been used up today meaning if they're going to deliver more games next Wednesday, there needs to be another GP.

GP011 was delayed a week without warning, so keep that in mind.
Old 11-17-10, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by thelwig14
There's no reason it wouldn't show up if the work on it was completed.. but it'll be another month, at least.
Old 11-18-10, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Picked up Fireball last night. Great, great game, especially for $1! Played it for about 45 minutes. Only thing that sucks is there are only 2 people on my friends list that have scores in it.

I need to try the rest of the radiangames titles. I tried Crossfire previously, and wasn't too into it, but perhaps I should try it again.
Old 11-18-10, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked Crossfire a good bit more than Fireball.
Old 11-18-10, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I see that Crossfire 2 comes out next month, so I might just wait for that one.
Old 11-18-10, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by flashburn
I see that Crossfire 2 comes out next month, so I might just wait for that one.
For a buck I don't have an issue supporting him. I might even get Fireball and just assume I will play it once or twice more.
Old 11-18-10, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is Fluid any good? It sounds interesting.
Old 11-18-10, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is Fluid any good? It sounds interesting.
Yes, but I think it's the most $1 game of his repertoire thus far.
Old 11-18-10, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fair enough, that's okay though. If I even get 30-40 minutes out of it, and have a good time, that's worth $1 to me.
Old 11-18-10, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Fair enough, that's okay though. If I even get 30-40 minutes out of it, and have a good time, that's worth $1 to me.
Definitely, and that wasn't a knock, it was just more that you feel the other games are worth far more than their candy bar asking price.
Old 11-18-10, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If I am sitting at my console, is there a way to browse a list of all of a publisher's games? Specifically I was trying to just pull up a list of all the Radiangames titles and see if I missed any demos. I don't think it is possible is it?
Old 11-18-10, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by xmiyux
If I am sitting at my console, is there a way to browse a list of all of a publisher's games? Specifically I was trying to just pull up a list of all the Radiangames titles and see if I missed any demos. I don't think it is possible is it?
I don't think it is either and it would be a great feature.

They should advertise their other games in each of their games.
Old 11-18-10, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The marketplace needs better controls for filtering the games so you can easily find what you need. I pulled up Xbox.com and was able to get a list of his games but only because he put the word Radiangames in the title of the game.
Old 11-18-10, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I probably played fluid the most FWIW.
Old 11-18-10, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd surmise that I've played JoyJoy the most, of the radiangames releases, though Fireball will probably trump that.

Now Protect Me Knight, I've put more time into than many of my retail games.
Old 11-18-10, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I tried Protect Me Knight, but I guess I didn't "get it", and bailed on it pretty quick.
Old 11-18-10, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I tried Protect Me Knight, but I guess I didn't "get it", and bailed on it pretty quick.
I do like it in single player but it gets EXPONENTIALLY better with each extra player added in.

Four player romps are pure bliss.
Old 11-18-10, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,201 Likes on 4,228 Posts

Speaking about Indie games, I know everyone was so happy with the recent move of Indie games location within the Game Marketplace, but to me it seemed just as hard to find as before. You still have to scroll around to find them. Is the new location really an improvement?
Old 11-18-10, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Speaking about Indie games, I know everyone was so happy with the recent move of Indie games location within the Game Marketplace, but to me it seemed just as hard to find as before. You still have to scroll around to find them. Is the new location really an improvement?
Nope. But it seemed to satiate them. I guess they didn't want to be grouped with pointless Avatar items and the failed (currently ) Game Room. I don't see how a whole "tab" like Game Add-Ons or Live Arcade would have hurt.
Old 11-18-10, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a tab in the section with all the other downloadable games (XBLA, Demos, Games On Demand). To me that makes them much easier to find then on the last option of Specialty Shops. What do you have to scroll around to?

Originally Posted by pinata242
I don't see how a whole "tab" like Game Add-Ons or Live Arcade would have hurt.
I guess from my POV I'd rather have someone see them while looking for XBLA or demos, instead of putting them in their own tab and getting overlooked completely. 95% of the folks out there seriously don't look at them as legit gaming choices. I think putting them with the others legitimizes them a bit, even if on a subconscious level. Separating them does the opposite.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.