Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-10, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by starman9000
Snoopy will be mine, wish it were on an October day though.
Good I need new online partners.
Old 10-19-10, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by pinata242
Pug Dog Avatar Marketplace Pets
Aw yeah!

Good I need new online partners.
Old 10-19-10, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool. I haven't gotten the single-player BioShock 2 content yet.

I'd like to think a sale on Rapture Metro will put those maps in rotation in the game, but who am I kidding? They screwed that up so bad. I'll just have to find somebody to force the maps through so I can get the achievements so I don't feel COMPLETELY ripped off.
Old 10-19-10, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Cool. I haven't gotten the single-player BioShock 2 content yet.

I'd like to think a sale on Rapture Metro will put those maps in rotation in the game, but who am I kidding? They screwed that up so bad. I'll just have to find somebody to force the maps through so I can get the achievements so I don't feel COMPLETELY ripped off.
I agree. It's quite timely (for me anyway) as well. I'm set to do an article on Bioshock 2 for my site's 31 Nights of Terror and this particular one is set for the 29th. I already did one on Bioshock earlier this month and that worked out real well.

(I know this sounds like a plug, but it is not intentionally meant as such , I'm just happy at the timely sale).
Old 10-19-10, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good news on Snoopy! I've been waiting for that one to drop. How are the online numbers for it now? Enough people still playing it to get consistent games?
Old 10-19-10, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Snoopy will be mine, wish it were on an October day though.
Originally Posted by Gooter
Good news on Snoopy!

I was going to buy it this month as part of my 2400. Guess I need to find something else I've been wanting.
Old 10-19-10, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,209 Likes on 4,236 Posts

Cool. I'll get Risk Factions, The Borderlands Armory DLC and probably the Pug as well.

Have Snoopy and LOVE it. Very good game, and a no-brainer at 400 points.
Old 10-19-10, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, it looks like we'll have enough here for plenty of online games for Snoopy. We'll have to set up weekly games or something like those Warhawk nubs.
Old 10-19-10, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey Pixy, I finally got Pressure Cooker. Your high score is impressive - after two plays, my high score was only in the 20,000 range, so I won't be issuing you a challenge anytime soon.
Old 10-19-10, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Hey Pixy, I finally got Pressure Cooker. Your high score is impressive - after two plays, my high score was only in the 20,000 range, so I won't be issuing you a challenge anytime soon.
Damnation!
Old 10-20-10, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rob V
Anyone here looking forward to Costume Quest tomorrow? It's a blind buy for me -- the kids LOVE Halloween themed anything and Tim Schaeffer has never let me down.
He's about to!
Man, I just tried that demo off PSN. Wow, what a surprising turd. It's clunky, awkward to control with a fixed camera and hard to navigate. The dialog is all in hard to read tiny text. There are almost no sound effects making it strangely quiet for a kids game; almost silent except very faint looping track of 10 seconds of chime-like Halloween music. It was no fun to play. Couple of cute jokes early on, battles are rare but look kinda cool (though really they work like rhythm games or more like the job mini-games in Fable 2). It really feels rushed and sloppy, though I love the Halloween theme. I'm curious to see what others think, but for me the only reason I didn't delete the demo is that I think the kids might like messing around with it for a few minutes.
Old 10-20-10, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

http://twitter.com/#!/CrystalDynamic...us/27930333134

Great news! LCGoL 360 online co-op coming 27 Oct. DLC pack 1 will be free to say thanks for your patience. PS3/PC coming later, stay tuned.
Old 10-20-10, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Sweet. The other game I was holding out on. I have no problems buying it now.
Old 10-20-10, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
He's about to!
Man, I just tried that demo off PSN. Wow, what a surprising turd. It's clunky, awkward to control with a fixed camera and hard to navigate. The dialog is all in hard to read tiny text. There are almost no sound effects making it strangely quiet for a kids game; almost silent except very faint looping track of 10 seconds of chime-like Halloween music. It was no fun to play. Couple of cute jokes early on, battles are rare but look kinda cool (though really they work like rhythm games or more like the job mini-games in Fable 2). It really feels rushed and sloppy, though I love the Halloween theme. I'm curious to see what others think, but for me the only reason I didn't delete the demo is that I think the kids might like messing around with it for a few minutes.
Ugh. Say it ain't so. Guess I'll demo it before I blind buy
Old 10-20-10, 10:36 AM

Maybe you'll like it. It is awfully cute. But certainly demo it first.
Old 10-20-10, 10:52 AM

I tried a little of the Super Meat Boy demo. I can see why people like it. It's got a great art style and controls very well. I like the analog jump controls -- it's something that takes a little getting used to, but has great potential. It does make timing harder though. Speacking of hard, holy hell that's a hard game. To be fair, the description describes it as a tough-as-nails platformer" when you download the demo. I'm not sure it's for me. I tired that 7th level of the demo (the one with a few little platforms over walls of nails) a dozen times. It can be insanely hard, but at least you can skip tough levels (Take that Comic Jumper). I'll have to think on this one. I do like it better than N+, but it's going to make me really frustrated, of that I'm sure.

I guess there was a stealth third XBLA game released. It's a "puzzle-trivia" game called Dream Chronicles. I downloaded the demo but didn't get a chance to try it.
Old 10-20-10, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I feel the same way, Decker. It's fun and I get it. But, like Trials, it's just too aggravating for me. I'm also not into the whole indie scene to really give a fuck about the cameos either.
Old 10-20-10, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll try the demo (again) but I think I had my share of the genre with N+ and Battle Kid.
Old 10-20-10, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm also not into the whole indie scene to really give a fuck about the cameos either.
This seems overly aggressive. Why so angry?
Old 10-20-10, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I played through the whole Super Meat Boy demo this morning and immediately paid for the full version. I really like it.
Old 10-20-10, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
I played through the whole Super Meat Boy demo this morning and immediately paid for the full version. I really like it.
Old 10-20-10, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by superfro
This seems overly aggressive. Why so angry?
Because I know I'll be judged for never having played a Bit.Trip game before. It's what happens around here.

And I am angry because I've died 437 times on the final dark world level of the demo. Sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it does not.

Having watched the GiantBomb QL earlier and all the different characters and talk about how certain levels might be easier with one of them, it did make me wish that we could get a console version of Super Mario Crossover.
Old 10-20-10, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And I am angry because I've died 437 times on the final dark world level of the demo. Sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it does not.
Obviously the only answer for this is swearing off all future XBLA games.
Old 10-20-10, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Odd question, but does SMB go up to the edges of the screen much? My TV has painfully too much overscan, so there was a level in Splosion Man I basically had to guess at, and I'd think these little characters could make it even worse.
Old 10-20-10, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Odd question, but does SMB go up to the edges of the screen much? My TV has painfully too much overscan, so there was a level in Splosion Man I basically had to guess at, and I'd think these little characters could make it even worse.
Hmm, there's a fair amount - but that's something I never really notice. Are you using a 4x3 or 16x9 tv?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.