Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-10, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Toy Soldiers really isn't that good. If you're on the fence (like I was), fall on the side of caution (like I did not).
Old 09-30-10, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Anyone know if Rock Band DLC will count?
Old 09-30-10, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I need to buy the Red Dead DLC, so that free 800 pts for spending 2400 promotion is perfect timing.
Old 09-30-10, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Email the major and see if he knows.

I find this funny:
The free points will be deposited automatically into your Xbox LIVE account after the end of the promotion period. Please allow four weeks for delivery, on or around November 30, 2010.
4 weeks to deliver digital points? I assume that's been the same for the Arcade promos? I've never spent enough to qualify before.
Old 09-30-10, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They need to make sure the return window expires and you actually keep the content.
Old 09-30-10, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts

Comic Jumper is a given for me.
So are whatever new FX Pinball tables they throw out there.
I'm sure I'll get to 2400. Crappy that they announced this the day after the first "Game Feast" game was released. Fortunately, I hated Hydrophobia; otherwise I'd be super-pissed right now.
Old 09-30-10, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I emailed Major Nelson about Rock Band DLC counting. We'll see how that goes.
Old 09-30-10, 02:24 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Spend 2400 points in October and get 800 points back: Details
Crap just spent 800pts on 2 Force Unleashed DLC, if I had only waited 1 more day.
DVD Talk Hero

Those are technically "game add-ons" so they should count.

4 weeks to deliver digital points? I assume that's been the same for the Arcade promos? I've never spent enough to qualify before.
Yup, it's always like that. I'm still waiting for my avatar Noble Six helmet from the recent Live renewal promotion. Apparently, it's being shipped on a slow virtual boat from China
Old 09-30-10, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
Toy Soldiers really isn't that good.
With all do respect, eff you.
Old 09-30-10, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by superfro
With all do respect, eff you.
It's almost a great game. But it's less than the sum of its parts. It's like it doesn't know what it wants to due.
Old 09-30-10, 02:31 PM

I emailed Major Nelson about Rock Band DLC counting. We'll see how that goes.
Awesome.
Old 09-30-10, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's almost a great game. But it's less than the sum of its parts. It's like it doesn't know what it wants to due.
How so? It's a tower defense game. What does it not know? By adding in the option to take control over the weapons?
Old 09-30-10, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bummer I just last night bought the entire Bob Marley DLC for RB.
Old 09-30-10, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by MWB
Awesome.
from chuck in the Rock Band thread:

Xbox is running a promotion the entire month of October where if you purchase a total of 2,400 MSP of any Arcade titles or game add-on content, you will receive 800 MSP automatically credit to your account for FREE! While most of the Arcade titles won’t get me excited, ALL Rock Band DLC is classified as “game add-on content,” and as such, is eligible for this promotion! And just to make sure, I reached out to @XboxSupport on Twitter, who confirmed for me that “ALL game add ons are eligible.”
Old 09-30-10, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by superfro
How so? It's a tower defense game. What does it not know? By adding in the option to take control over the weapons?
It's a TD game that require very specific builds that will win. The build spaces are very sparse and the terrain is hard to read at the beginning. It gets easier over time, but it starts off badly, imo.

Controlling units is absolutely fun, and sometimes necessary. But the controls and camera fight against the quick switching between the two modes. And since the enemy rarely breaks, you can't spend a lot of time idle getting a grasp on the situation.

It's about memorization and coming back later with better weapons. I regret buying it, even on sale. But I'll finish it.
Old 09-30-10, 02:43 PM

Saw that. Thanks.
Old 09-30-10, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's a TD game that require very specific builds that will win. The build spaces are very sparse and the terrain is hard to read at the beginning. It gets easier over time, but it starts off badly, imo.

Controlling units is absolutely fun, and sometimes necessary. But the controls and camera fight against the quick switching between the two modes. And since the enemy rarely breaks, you can't spend a lot of time idle getting a grasp on the situation.

It's about memorization and coming back later with better weapons. I regret buying it, even on sale. But I'll finish it.
I've read your post and after careful consideration have concluded that you are high.

I rarely would enter the control mode for the units, if ever. I thought the vehicles were awesome though, and found I could balance them and managing my units pretty well. I don't get the requiring specific units to win. I've done stages in multiple ways before. Yes, you need specific units for specific enemies, but I found quite a bit of variety or having to change stuff up on the fly based on the current situation.
Old 09-30-10, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ah, well I was planning on getting Space Invaders Infinity Gene and the Assassin's Creed II/BioShock 2 DLC. Maybe I can snag a Game Room game or two on top of that? I bought one last night but I guess I would have rather had my little mascot for that one. Hmm, gonna have to search and destroy tonight.
Old 09-30-10, 03:05 PM

Nice, I'll be able to get the 800 point rebate, since I intend on getting Comic Jumper for 1200, 800 for the Pinball FX tables, and Undead Nightmare for Red Dead for 800 since its got single player stuff in it.
Old 09-30-10, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fact: Pinata is wrong. Toy Soldiers is really good.
Old 09-30-10, 03:12 PM

Do we know for certain that there will be four new tables for FX Pinball 2? I haven't seen any info on what's coming out.
Old 09-30-10, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Fact: Pinata is wrong. Toy Soldiers is really good.

I like Toy Soldiers. It's not my favorite XBLA game of the year, but it's pretty fun. It certainly provides a nice entertaining diversion for a few hours, even if it's not something that you'll obsessively play night after night for months upon months. I mean, it's no Bejeweled 2.
Spoiler:

That's right, I went there.
Old 09-30-10, 03:17 PM

There's also Sonic 4: Episode 1 (1200 points), and Pac-Man CE DX, Costume Quest, and Dead Rising:Case West may also be hitting next month. Between those and the ones already mentioned, it should be pretty easy to spend $30 in October.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.