Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-10, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
There is no link cited, but a user on CAG is reporting that September 22nd will also see the release of Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter at 1200 Microsoft Points.
You want a link? You got a link.
Old 08-24-10, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Has there been any more word on Dungeon Twister?
Old 08-24-10, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
And of course if nothing is fixed or improved in the sequel, then we're left to wonder if the studio might have been better served to have waited longer and ironing out the few kinks of the first game.
From the Joystiq article that I read....

The quick turnaround is the result of Hothead beginning development on Thongs of Virtue well before the release of the first game, and despite creator Ron Gilbert's departure from the studio in April. (You might recall that DeathSpank was originally proposed as an episodic endeavor, but that plan was supposedly abandoned during development of the first game.) Thongs of Virtue still reflects Gilbert's influence and looks to expand on the foundational elements of the original game; even if it doesn't address all of the post-release fan feedback.
As for the rest, it's a point of view that I just can't see if a person enjoyed the first offering. "I loved it! How dare you give me more so soon!" It just doesn't make any sense. Now if a player had lots of issues with the first game then I can see making a case, but I'm coming from my experience with the game where I really didn't have a lot of problems with anything that the game presented.
Old 08-25-10, 11:53 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts

anybody download the demo or game of Shank today? wondering how that is...
Old 08-25-10, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did download the demo. It's 1.98gb. What else would you like to know?
Old 08-25-10, 12:07 PM

If I hated the demo of The Dishwasher, I'll hate this as well, right?
Old 08-25-10, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll let you know after I actually play the demo.
Old 08-25-10, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by pinata242
How was the download? Better or worse than other demo downloads you've experienced? Anything different about this demo download that I should know about before downloading this demo?
Old 08-25-10, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I queued it and Scott Pilgrim up, shaved, took a shower, got dressed, and it was done. I didn't even masturbate so it was only 20 minutes, not the longer 21 or 22.
Old 08-25-10, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just think, if you were downloading similar games on PS3, you would have to masturbate like, a hundred times or so before the games were installed and ready to play!
Old 08-25-10, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Just think, if you were downloading similar games on PS3, you would have to masturbate like, a hundred times or so before the games were installed and ready to play!
A better case for PS3 over Xbox I've never seen. I sense a new ad campaign.

PS3 - Think of all the time you'll have to masturbate!
Old 08-25-10, 01:42 PM

PS3 - The only thing it doesn't do, it'll give you plenty of time to do yourself!
Old 08-25-10, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

PS3 - The only thing it doesn't do, it'll give you plenty of time to do yourself!
Old 08-25-10, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I can see the ad now, Kevin Butler with his back to the camera looking at a download screen on the TV behind his desk and the cameraman pans around, knocking over something in the process startling Butler. He stands up in his boxers yelling at the cameraman to leave and you get a slow fade out of the tissues and lotion on Butlers desk.

It only does everything.
Old 08-25-10, 01:53 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts

that's it. thanks.
Old 08-25-10, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scott1598
that's it. thanks.
w. t. f.
Old 08-26-10, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So I tried Shank this morning. Anyone else give it a spin?

It's got a great style and look. The graphic novel look is pretty cool and the way the game uses cut-ins during a level to show story is sweet. The voice acting is sketchy, at best.

It plays a lot like The Dishwasher but is far more forgiving. It's kind of like what Final Fight or the arcade version of Ninja Gaiden would have become if they kept evolving.

If there were positive reviews and a healthy sale, I could see myself buying it at some point in the future. It's odd that this and Scott Pilgrim came out on the same day.
Old 08-26-10, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the way the game uses cut-ins during a level to show story is sweet.
I loved this. I thought it was a really neat way to move along the story while you're still just doing the mindless beat-em-up actions.

I like the look of it a lot. I seem to remember hearing it was pretty short though, and honestly I don't see me putting in 15+ hours with it like I am with Scott Pilgrim. Also, I read that I'm not worthy of reviewing the game, so there's that.
Old 08-26-10, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well I tried both games yesterday. I finished playing the Lara Croft game and decided to try Scott Pilgrim, not my cup of tea. I can see why some people would love this game, but I got bored too easily. So I saw Shank, and read that it was also a beat 'em up, and thought that I would get the same reaction, but I was actually surprised on how much I enjoyed this game. Too much for 1200 pts, but I'm sure I'd pay 800 pts for it.
Old 08-26-10, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
So I saw Shank,
Did you have a redemption?
Old 08-26-10, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

These beat-em-ups have got me itchin' to play some Final Fight and/or Magic Sword.

If any of you lovely people want to get to rocking some legit old-school mayhem, let me know.
Old 08-26-10, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Footage of Dead Rising: Case Zero started showing up the other day:

The opening cut scene (no gameplay):

Gameplay:

Looks very similar to the first game which is A-okay in my book.
Old 08-26-10, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Did you have a redemption?
Too bad the game wasn't awful or some reviewer could have described the game as "500 yards of shit-smelling foulness".
Old 08-26-10, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"500 yards of shit-smelling foulness".
Pretty much sums up my thoughts on Kane & Lynch 2.
Old 08-27-10, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've only played the demo so far, but Shank feels so satisfying to me. I see it compared to Dishwasher a lot (I'm guessing that team worked on this?), but I really didn't like that game too much. Maybe it's just a matter of aestetics, because Shank is BEE-UUUU-TEEEEE-FFFUUUUL looking. Sometimes games that go for that style of animation, and not pixels, look like cardboard cut outs or something. Shank's stuff all goes together so well. Definitely going to pick that up.

I find it weird that such a high quality game wouldn't be shoved into the SoA business.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.