Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-11, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Saw at SD that you can get a Joust download code for 49 cents here:

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/Joust-XBLA-Download/
Old 12-07-11, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Son of a bitch! I literally just bought those AC2 missions 2 days ago.
Old 12-07-11, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks like we're getting Joe Danger next week. 1200 pts.

http://playxbla.com/breaking-news-jo...december-14th/
Old 12-07-11, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,240 Likes on 4,261 Posts

It's a great game on the PS3; like Trials but far more forgiving and ultimately more fun.

BTW : I find it funny that they've made this game Joe Danger Special Edition so that technically this won't be a precedent-setting case of a previous PSN-exclusive game coming later to XBLA.

Last edited by Decker; 12-07-11 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-07-11, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Kedrix
I actually played the demo to Bloody Good Time a while back, it wasn't amazing or anything but I lost myself in it for almost an hour which says something. It was so simplistic but not half bad.

Might & Magic games always lure me but I'll have to play the demo on this one. 600 is a nice price though, and I like the fact that the two of them equal 800 which leaves me 800 in my account right now. We'll see though.
M&M Heroes is a really good puzzle game. I ended up liking it better than Puzzle Quest.
Old 12-07-11, 09:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xmiyux
M&M Heroes is a really good puzzle game. I ended up liking it better than Puzzle Quest.
I played it for an hour tonight. I wouldn't say I liked it more than Puzzle Quest (which are arguably my favorite pair of games on XBLA), but I was certainly intrigued, so I bought it. Wish the DLC was on sale too but at $3, it's not going to kill me. Thanks
Old 12-08-11, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by pinata242
Apples to Apples is a great party game. I have no idea how it will work on the Xbox unless it's just completely online like Uno & Poker. That really depreciates its value to me.
Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Yeah, I've played the card game, and I'm interested to see how they adapt it into an XBLA game.
Tried the demo. It's a word-search like Boggle, but instead of looking to form words, you're searching the letter grid for your answer. I didn't really understand it and the timer was pretty unforgiving. There are analogy clues on one side of the grid and three cards with clues on the other (I guess two of the cards lead to other, wrong answers on the Boggle grid). Never played the real-life game, but I don't think it's played at all like this. It feels like one of those dubious Hasbro Game Night translations. Can't imagine many will purchase this at 800 points, but there was some sort of online multiplayer that was not playable in the demo.
Old 12-08-11, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks like Trine 2 is hitting 12/21. I think that's news.
Old 12-08-11, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Do you guys recommend the DS or XBLA version of M&M Heroes?
Old 12-08-11, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by starman9000
Do you guys recommend the DS or XBLA version of M&M Heroes?
Welp, I can only speak for the XBLA version, but I like it a lot. But then again, the only portable device I own is a Game Boy Advance. And to be honest, I don't buy a whole lot for it. I picked up Phantasy Star Collection about a week ago but I think that might be the only game I've bought for my GBA all year. My eyes just aren't that great anymore and even games that might be designed for a portable (like M&M tends to be), I would much rather play on XBLA.
Old 12-09-11, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody else tried the "You Monster" Portal expansion for Defense Grid yet? Pretty cool, mostly more of the same Defense Grid (which is fine by me), along with a few neat gameplay twists. They also did a free update to Defense Grid that added some new game modes to the existing levels. But ever since that update, the game (for me anyway) has been glitchy as hell. Crashed about a dozen times, menus occasionally freeze, new achievements don't award... but I'm pretty sure it has to do with the update rather than the expansion.

Also played through the new decks for Magic 2012... both good, but one is VERY good... quite powerful, and probably one of the top three in the game now.
Old 12-12-11, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just saw on CAG, if anybody has any friends who live in Taiwan or access Live through the Asian marketplace, Dungeons and Dragons Daggerdale is currently free.
Old 12-12-11, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Apples to Apples is nothing like the board game. Glad I tried the demo.
Old 12-12-11, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by lordwow
Apples to Apples is nothing like the board game. Glad I tried the demo.
Is that a good or bad thing? Ambiguous statement is ambiguous!
Old 12-13-11, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's horrible.
Old 12-13-11, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TLwizard
Just saw on CAG, if anybody has any friends who live in Taiwan or access Live through the Asian marketplace, Dungeons and Dragons Daggerdale is currently free.
Thanks for the heads-up. Still showing as free, so I'm downloading it now.
Old 12-13-11, 08:49 AM

Old 12-13-11, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Welp, I can only speak for the XBLA version, but I like it a lot. But then again, the only portable device I own is a Game Boy Advance. And to be honest, I don't buy a whole lot for it. I picked up Phantasy Star Collection about a week ago but I think that might be the only game I've bought for my GBA all year. My eyes just aren't that great anymore and even games that might be designed for a portable (like M&M tends to be), I would much rather play on XBLA.
Thanks. I ended up grabbing it on XBLA and am loving it. My only complaint is the insane amount of loading. That just seems really odd for a game like this.
Old 12-13-11, 09:08 AM

Weird that Marvel Pinball V&V isn't listed.
Old 12-13-11, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by starman9000
Thanks. I ended up grabbing it on XBLA and am loving it. My only complaint is the insane amount of loading. That just seems really odd for a game like this.
That's my one complaint as well. I think it is a realllllly neat game, but the loading is ridiculous. It's a DS game at its heart, these loading screens should be extremely minimal. But outside of that, yeah I will be spending plenty of hours with it.
Old 12-13-11, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts

For anyone that might be interested, Gunstringer: Real Big Shootin' looks to be a mode akin to Duck Hunt. Check out screens here.
Old 12-13-11, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And video here.

Old 12-14-11, 01:01 PM

Deathspank email code for $5 through BestBuy.com link
Old 12-14-11, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Free Christmas Present for Fruit Ninja.
Christmas Present contains: THE CANDY CANE - It's made of candy! SANTA'S WORKSHOP THEME - I can almost see the elves. THE SNOW GLOBE SHADOW - Shake it up! All are immediately available in Sensei’s Swag.
Old 12-14-11, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Free Christmas Present for Fruit Ninja.
Thanks, grabbed this. The snow globe shadow is pretty neat looking.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.