Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-11, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Trenched Intro Movie - Releases June 22nd (I wonder if this is part of SoA11?):

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_rynHrenxyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-25-11, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by Decker
Very disappointing 1.5/5 star review of Daggerdale in Joystiq. Some of the lowlights:

Bummer, as I was sort of looking forward to this one.
That blows, I was looking forward towards playing the shit out of it over the weekend.
Old 05-25-11, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
That blows, I was looking forward towards playing the shit out of it over the weekend.
Sounds like there's plenty of shit to mine from it! Go for it!
Old 05-25-11, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by superfro
Sounds like there's plenty of shit to mine from it! Go for it!
Can't wait!
Old 05-25-11, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn

I'll probably still grab it after the inevitable price drop.
Old 05-25-11, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I will try the demo but that is horribly disappointing. My wife and I played the crap out of Baldur's Gate on the Xbox and Gauntlet Legends. We have played a huge amount of Castle Crashers with my daughter. All three of us really wanted another fantasy beat-em-up with leveling and character classes. I basically want a multiplayer Torchlight. I was hoping this would tide me over till Torchlight 2.

Old 05-25-11, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Disappointing. Big D&D Fan, didn't have huge hopes for this, but was expecting a mediocre game.
Old 05-25-11, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Bioware needs to release Baldur's Gate for XBLA.
Old 05-26-11, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by xmiyux
I will try the demo but that is horribly disappointing. My wife and I played the crap out of Baldur's Gate on the Xbox and Gauntlet Legends. We have played a huge amount of Castle Crashers with my daughter. All three of us really wanted another fantasy beat-em-up with leveling and character classes. I basically want a multiplayer Torchlight. I was hoping this would tide me over till Torchlight 2.

You might want to check out SACRED 2.
Old 05-26-11, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Tried out Daggerdale last night demo wise. I wouldn't say it is a 1.5, but 2.5 seems about right. The graphics are very dated and while the gameplay isn't bad, it looks like it could get extremely repetitive after a while. I probably would have bit at $10, but $15 no way. My major gripe, its 2011, wtf with no jump button? *sigh*.
Old 05-26-11, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
You might want to check out SACRED 2.
True Dat.
Old 05-26-11, 01:36 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
True Dat.
on top of that, it is also coop...is 10 times longer...runs 10 times better...and is currently 15 bucks shipped used at amazon if you have prime...
Old 05-26-11, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I tried Sacred 2 over a year ago when I got it from Gamefly and really enjoyed it. I hadn't realized it was co-op. How many players can play at the same time? If it would allow all 3 of us it would be perfect - but 2 will work. Also, is friendly fire on in the game?

Also, I remember the quest system being a little confusing (as far as knowing where to go next). Was that the case or am I confusing the games?

Either way, if you guys think it would scratch that co-op fantasy action rpg itch I will definitely pick it up. I think I have a low level dryad or something on a save somewhere.
Old 05-26-11, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I tried Sacred 2 over a year ago when I got it from Gamefly and really enjoyed it. I hadn't realized it was co-op. How many players can play at the same time? If it would allow all 3 of us it would be perfect - but 2 will work. Also, is friendly fire on in the game?

Also, I remember the quest system being a little confusing (as far as knowing where to go next). Was that the case or am I confusing the games?

Either way, if you guys think it would scratch that co-op fantasy action rpg itch I will definitely pick it up. I think I have a low level dryad or something on a save somewhere.
I bought it a few months back and sadly pushed it to the bottom of my stack for some other stuff, but if anyone around here wants to try and get a co-op campaign going, it would give me no excuse not to fire it up.

According to the info I read, XBox supports 4 player online.

I think the biggest problem the game has is getting used to playing a game initially designed solely for the PC without having access to a mouse or keyboard.
Old 05-26-11, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Half-Minute Hero is due out June 29th (the week after Trenched) for 800 points. Seriously starting to sound like a SoA line-up to me. Big names and big titles.
Old 05-26-11, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
I bought it a few months back and sadly pushed it to the bottom of my stack for some other stuff, but if anyone around here wants to try and get a co-op campaign going, it would give me no excuse not to fire it up.

According to the info I read, XBox supports 4 player online.

I think the biggest problem the game has is getting used to playing a game initially designed solely for the PC without having access to a mouse or keyboard.
Nevermind then. I need local co-op to play with my wife and/or our daughter.
Old 05-26-11, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Ah. Local is 2 players only.
Old 05-26-11, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sacred 2 has local co-op as well. The only problem is that all players can manipulate the camera, which makes things rather interesting.
Old 05-26-11, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
Half-Minute Hero is due out June 29th (the week after Trenched) for 800 points. Seriously starting to sound like a SoA line-up to me. Big names and big titles.
Any changes from the PSP version?
Old 05-26-11, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TLwizard
Any changes from the PSP version?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Minute_Hero

None that I'm aware of other than the obvious from PSP to console.
Old 05-26-11, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,202 Likes on 4,229 Posts

Nope. SotA has always been late July through August. I would suspect that it would run about the same time again in 2011. And Ms Splosion Man would be a pretty safe bet for a title. Maybe that long-delayed Behemoth title as well.

A port of a two-year-old obscure PSP title doesn't quite fit the bill of a "big title" (but to be fair, nobody was exactly blown away when Monday Night Combat was announced either).
Old 05-26-11, 04:40 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Minute_Hero

None that I'm aware of other than the obvious from PSP to console.
It just popped up on joystiq, and they're saying Optional HD graphics as well as 62 new missions.
Old 05-26-11, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Decker
Nope. SotA has always been late July through August. I would suspect that it would run about the same time again in 2011. And Ms Splosion Man would be a pretty safe bet for a title. Maybe that long-delayed Behemoth title as well.

A port of a two-year-old obscure PSP title doesn't quite fit the bill of a "big title" (but to be fair, nobody was exactly blown away when Monday Night Combat was announced either).
Yeah, well they could call it the "7th Inning Stretch" promotion or some shit

Quality is in the eye of the beholder, that's true. A port of a successful exclusive title on a competing platform could be enough to make it an anchor. When the alternative is Daggerdale.
Old 05-26-11, 04:50 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I hadn't heard of Half-Minute Hero so I was reading about it on the Wikipedia page pinata posted up above. My wife passed by and remarked "Finally, a video game just for you!"

Old 05-26-11, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hero's a bit strong of a word, isn't it?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.