Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute word

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute word

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-11, 12:41 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Bulletstorm - (Epic Games/People Can Fly - 360/PS3/PC) It'll scare the dick off y

restarted chapter and was able to get to Act 4....the game is growing on me..
Old 02-27-11, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Re: Bulletstorm - (Epic Games/People Can Fly - 360/PS3/PC) It'll scare the dick off y

I'm now substituting "dick" for all swear-words, Motherdicker!
Old 02-27-11, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by foxdvd
ok well I had the glitch in chapter 3 where Ishi Sato is just gone. Restarting checkpoint does not help, and I am not sure I even want to start the chapter over again. This is bulletshit.
Yeah, if you look one page back, I had the exact same thing happen.
Old 02-27-11, 10:23 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by flashburn
Yeah, if you look one page back, I had the exact same thing happen.
I read that...but mine was act 3 chapter 1...before you get the girl. When it happened I looked it up online and a lot of people are having your glitch, but I could not find my glitch. It happens right at the end of Act 3 chapter 1 before you get to the girl...
Old 02-27-11, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts

I guess I should have read more about this before buying it, but what demographic finds this dialogue funny? The voice acting is fine, and I realize it's supposed to be over the top, but it's just cringe-inducing.

Also, yeah, you really have to get in the habit of buying bullets with your points, or you'll never use the other weapons... at least, that's been my experience so far.
Old 02-27-11, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute w

Did you not read the thread? We all groaned our collective dicks when we started hearing about it, then saw it in motion.
Old 02-27-11, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Re: Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute w

Ran into a weird glitch; a bit before the plant-monster boss, my leash stopped working - I'd press the shoulder-button and nothing would happen. I got to a check point, and re-loaded the game and it was working again, so not a big deal, but I just thought it was an odd sort of glitch.
Old 02-27-11, 11:56 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by slop101
Ran into a weird glitch; a bit before the plant-monster boss, my leash stopped working - I'd press the shoulder-button and nothing would happen. I got to a check point, and re-loaded the game and it was working again, so not a big deal, but I just thought it was an odd sort of glitch.
what sort of dickless fuck comes into this thread to complain about not being able to get his leash up?
Old 02-27-11, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'll kill your dick
Old 02-28-11, 12:41 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by anomynous
I'll kill your dick
the way you talk....Want to make out? In a totally hetero way?
Old 02-28-11, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finished this motherdicking game last night. Was pretty disappointed by the dick out ending, it was obvious that's exactly what would happen. For those that finished as well
Spoiler:
was the part after the credits done in all black for you as well? with just voice over?
I'd lost all faith in this game rendering things correctly, as the last two acts were chocked full of stuttering, loading during the middle of a firefight, and dicks.
Old 02-28-11, 10:19 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

The backpack mini-bosses are the most annoying thing ever...for two reasons:

1. Your allies will constantly scream "Shoot the backpack!" but fail to heed their own advice.
2. The mini-boss NEVER shoots at your allies, only at you, which makes getting behind him almost impossible.
Old 02-28-11, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what's your final verdick, L&O? Still suggesting a rental?
Old 02-28-11, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
So what's your final verdick, L&O? Still suggesting a rental?
Yeah, I don't see going back to dick around in this one again.
Old 02-28-11, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
The backpack mini-bosses are the most annoying thing ever...for two reasons:

1. Your allies will constantly scream "Shoot the backpack!" but fail to heed their own advice.
2. The mini-boss NEVER shoots at your allies, only at you, which makes getting behind him almost impossible.
Thumpers make all the mini-bosses ridiculously ineffective.
Old 02-28-11, 10:44 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I had no idea the Thumper even worked on the mini-bosses (since the regular leash is useless). I'll give it a try.
Old 02-28-11, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had no idea the Thumper even worked on the mini-bosses (since the regular leash is useless). I'll give it a try.
Puts them in a stunned state. So thump, leash, thump, leash, dead. For the backpack guy after you thump you can just take out the backpack while he's all hunched over from being stunned.

The drill mini-boss that is all electrified or whatever will be an issue until you take out his power source, since it won't let you thump him directly, but that's in the front so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Old 02-28-11, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

charged shotgun also makes quick work of any armor.
Old 02-28-11, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Stupid mod keeps changing my thread title!
Old 02-28-11, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
For those that finished as well
Spoiler:
was the part after the credits done in all black for you as well? with just voice over?
Yep, same experience here. Wasn't sure if it was the glitchy shittyness of the game or just the general shittyness.
Old 02-28-11, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Funny thing is that is almost all the enemies in the game.

5 Cannibals charging down a walkway and they take their time to run around the squad to just attack you
Old 02-28-11, 02:13 PM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Funny thing is that is almost all the enemies in the game.

5 Cannibals charging down a walkway and they take their time to run around the squad to just attack you
Yeah, but your squad doesn't kill anything. So I can understand why they get ignored.
Old 02-28-11, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Yeah, but your squad doesn't kill anything. So I can understand why they get ignored.
This. So much pointlessness in this game. Your crew being front and center.
Old 02-28-11, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Without a crew, who would say all of the clever dialogue about asses and dicks and tits and buttholes and fucks?
Old 02-28-11, 04:35 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by unclegramps
without a crew, who would say all of the clever dialogue about dicktits and dicks and dicks and dickholes and dicks?
fixed

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.